DCS World: The new stuff

Grimes

Main Menus

Selecting Missions

The main menu now has Tabs similar to modern web browsers to select quick missions or campaigns for certain aircraft. There is also a "users" tab for campaign selection. Also selecting a mission dialog has a little "DCS" next to the mission name.

Other Stuff

You can set a "theme" or wallpaper within the options based on whichever aircraft you want. A "special" tab is located in the options menu but currently has nothing.

Additionally multiplayer interface has not yet changed.

Mission Editor.

Warehoues

GUI dialogs exist for the anticipated "warehouse" feature. You can place warehouse via "static objects". Each warehouse has dialogs associated with which airbases they supply. You can specify how much aircraft, fuel, and weapons a warehouse has access too and how often it gets resupplied.

Curiously the F-111, Ka-52, Mig-29K and Aim-9X appear in the warehouse list but can't be placed in the sim. I realize most of these have art assets or code sitting somewhere idle in the sim... but so did the Harrier which is missing...

Updated:

Looked at warehouses a little bit more, it appears that FARPS and airbases have their own warehouses built into the base in addition to the static object "warehouse" that you can place anywhere on the map. You can specify which warehouses (on or off base) can supply who, however resupply doesn't seem to be implemented yet. You can also specify which coalition owns a base via the bases warehouse.

Mission Options

• F10 view can now be limited to "Fog of War". Unknown how it is implemented, assume similar to Starcraft or other RTS.

Group Related

• All ground units are now sorted by type. A dropdown box gives options, air defence, armor, artillery, fortification, unarmed, and infantry.

• "Late Activation" checkbox has been added. And automatically sets the start time to 0:0:0/0.

• P-51D has a "civil plane" checkbox. Checking this removes the box specifying how much gun ammunition it carries.

• Player controllable aircraft are listed slightly differently from that of AI.

Triggers

Did not notice any new conditions, however new actions are present.

• Group Sound/Message - Sends a group either a text or audio message. Same function as Coalition or Country Sound/Message

• Radio Beacon Unit/Zone - Specifies an audio sound to be broadcast from a specific unit or zone. Can specify AM/FM, frequency in Khz, Power in Watts, and whether or not it loops.

• Set Briefing - Allows you to set a new image and briefing text for Red, Blue, or offline (general briefing). Currently unknown whether it replaces the briefing or adds to the briefing.

Mission Goals still lacks a "clone" button. :music_whistling:

Game Environment:

• "Abort takeoff" added to the ATC dialog. Once commanded, ATC will direct you to park on ramp.
  • Appears to be a new font on almost everything.
  • Minor aspects of resource system working. If enabled airbases have 100 supply of aircraft and munitions. Once supply of a specific munition is gone, aircraft cannot load said munition.
  • LAlt + ' command is used to bring up a window to specify weapon payload per pylon. Additionally chaff, flares, desired % of fuel and (I assume) ammo type can also be changed. Is functionally identical to setting payload in the mission editor.

Screen_120507_172041.jpg

Other Changes

• File structure changed slightly. Missions and campaigns are now located in dcsworld\mods\aircrafts\(aircraftname)\missions

Edited by Grimes
Fixed a herp a derp

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curiously the F-111, Ka-52, Mig-29K and Aim-9X appear in the warehouse list but can't be placed in the sim. I realize most of these have art assets or code sitting somewhere idle in the sim... but so did the Harrier which is missing...

^ Fixed

...KC-10A, AV-8B/GR7, SH-3H, wrong S-3R/KS-3A too...and dont forget Tu-141/143 and the EA-6B

Old "missing" but added weapons already worked in FC2 (AIM-9X, Mk-82HD, AGM-122/123/130) besides some added pilons and containers.

Still added more: old ships/weapons/vehicles from Flanker2.5, some new weapons/guns, AH-1G, AH-60L/DAP, F-15D, MiG-21bis, Tu-154B2 and more...VNAO and ADA guys will B happy too ;)

Old .CMD models needs some animations correcting to .EDM "format" (WIP)...or newer, nicer models

Still working on this - WIP - not only for you: http://forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=1367561&postcount=1

I only need more time :(

Edited by HungaroJET

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Warehouses are clearly still a WIP, however some of it is functioning! I was able to test somethings out and I might have a more clear picture of how the warehouses work.

Any aircraft that spawns at an airbase automatically removes whatever their payload and themself from the inventory at the base. If an aircraft spawns in with a payload that has run out, the aircraft will automatically spawn with whatever is available. I tested it with 5 A-10Cs, all loaded with 22 Mk-82 bombs with the 5th plane set to spawn in 10 seconds after mission start. 88 Bombs had been used (spawned) and the 5th plane spawned in with exactly 14 bombs. The math isn't perfect, however the 5th A-10 spawned with 2 TER's completely empty and 1 TER with a single bomb. Payload also wasn't 'balanced', but its AI so it doesn't really matter, however it could be an issue for client/player aircraft unable to specify their payload based on what is available. At least for the AI, once they land their assets are NOT added back into the inventory. Hopefully that's a WIP issue. Either way seeing it prevent the AI from taking their default loadout because the base ran out of bombs is very promising to see! :D

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I quickly loaded into DCS world to see how it looks like.

Interface is nice - clean, pretty and just good so far.

New explosion effects are better too - however I noticed such small Vikhr makes big explosion like Kh-25ML does. Shouldn't have explosions been scaled down\up regarding their warhead? I doubt Vikhr or rocket pod is able to make similar "boom" like Kh-29T can :)

HUD is unfortunately worse - same effect like in A-10C, where it is hard to read. In LO2 you have great, crystal HUD. Here I must stare at monitor quite close or just zoom in the cockpit.

I found firing Vikhrs without keeping big circle in the small circle has changed a bit. Now you must pay much more attention to it and just must keep big circle steadier - before I could fire it without worrying much the circle is either close to small circle or not. Don't know it is as it should be now, or before it was too easily.

Performance is in current beta moment not too good - I don't have slow PC but I am a bit worried about future optimizations. I set all highest as possible except antialiasing because for me more than 4x is meaningless. I had smooth flying, but it was just fast mission without other clients and so on...

Why can't I set Shkval to mouse? It was handy in LO2, perhaps some file digging is needed in the input folder :))

Flying the Su-25T was really pleasant time. In DCS world it is another story, I've been missing this plane since DCS Ka-50. Glad to see now it has place in DCS together.

That's all for now I observed in 15 min of flying :)

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I check the artillery and work fine......MLRS and SMERCH fire big destructive racime rockets, but only fire one tipe of rocket. ¿Some future plan to change artillery ammunition on Ground Combat JTAC module?

I go to put MLRS and another ammunitions on the research section :thumbup:

Works fine - I just tested it - very useful too!

Nate

You could assign mouse axis (X Y) to Shkval? I am not able to now.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I could see a new 3D texture for Il-76 ¡¡¡

Missing paint schem but very promising beginning.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Face it, from all appearances DCS World appears to be much more than just a step in the right direction. Poking around is revealing that quite a bit of work has gone into this thing.

This is definately a major accomplishment!:thumbup::thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

is it possible to put a10 & bs2 in this yet or not, and when we can will it find them automatic or will we have to uninstall from present location and reinstall to world location..thanks..

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

I'm just wondering which aircraft's HUD is in the default screensaver of the main menu in DCS World... :P

I was wondering the same thing :D

Then I realised it looked like the F-15 HUD... could be hinting that FC3 is going to be part of DCS World just

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First to Fight, First to Strike.