DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Do UAVs lase targets automatically? I have been playing the through the inferno mission and sometimes when I drop LGBs they don’t hit what I’m lasing but they always hit something. Circling above the group of targets im attacking are two UAVs and I was just curious if those have the ability to lase and whether or not they are interfering with what I am trying to bomb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to set your TGP to lase with a different code AND change your bomb settings to seek the laser code you want. There’s plenty of material online that explains how to do that.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

You are my only hope (quick StarWars reference there lol), I messed up my views in the A10C so every time I try to use it even with TrackIR my view is pinned to the upper canopy bow looking back and down and nothing i try helps. I uninstalled the DCSWorld and all modules but it has stayed yhe same, I deleted the view folder and used the repair tool but again the same. I need to get my default settings back but how? Please help.

• 4 weeks later...

First off, let me say I'm new to the Hawg. I've learned the basics but small stuff get in the way. Sometimes when I roll in for a CCRP attack with MK82's I get "Launch Aborted" on my displays after pressing the Weapon's Release Switch. Why?

Also, I forgot how to "Point Track". I use the TM Warthog HOTAS and everything is default. Any help would be appreciated.

First off, let me say I'm new to the Hawg. I've learned the basics but small stuff get in the way. Sometimes when I roll in for a CCRP attack with MK82's I get "Launch Aborted" on my displays after pressing the Weapon's Release Switch. Why?

Also, I forgot how to "Point Track". I use the TM Warthog HOTAS and everything is default. Any help would be appreciated.

Launch aborted could be a few things, but most likely that you are not depressing the weapon release button in the correct parameter of the pipper indication.

Point track: With TGP as SOI, TMS forward short.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Exactly where are you seeing it? If you get an ABORTED message on the DSMS page it could be that you are just PRESSING the weapon release button, rather than press AND HOLD for a few seconds until it's physically released off the aircraft. If you just press (unless you properly release again within 15 seconds) it will become a hung store (unreleasable) and show in the DSMS with the station number changing to an "H" for that station.

Thanks for the input, gentlemen. I do HOLD down the weapon's release switch and as the countdown comes into view before entering the piper my DSMS and TGP displays show an abort message.

This doesn't happen every time so I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong but it happens enough that it is annoying.

Off the top of my head, conditions which will prevent release:

- not being accurate enough with the drop cue, keep your fpm in the drop line.

- not being stable enough at time if release. Try for 1G and no roll.

- being too low. Try to be 10,000’ agl at least, ideally 12,000.

Any more that Im forgetting?

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

I've been trying to set up the thrustmaster warthog so that the engine starts up when I move the throttles past the idle detents. How can I do this?

Look for the keybind throttle idle/off. Bind left and right accordingly.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

The problem I'm having is that the controls mapper in DCS does not give me the option to map anything to the warthog throttle to the start wngine command.

I will take a screen shot tomorrow for you, to show you the bindings. They are there, I use them (not only for the A10C, but for the 18C and 14B).

Cheers,

Don

The problem I'm having is that the controls mapper in DCS does not give me the option to map anything to the warthog throttle to the start wngine command.

You should be able to bind it to "Left Engine Throttle Set OFF" (and Right).

Edited by rob10
had F18 bindings originally

• 2 weeks later...

When I set the IFFCC switch to Test, the menu is way above the visible HUD area. Only way I can see it is if I do a yoga pose and drop my head way down.

edit: looks like my default view was altered, how do I reset to default?

Edited by Leeham

ASUS Z-170 PRO Gaming | Intl Core I7 7600 | 16GB Corsair DDR-4 2132 | nVidia 1660 Ti Black Edition 6GB | Saitek X-52 HOTAS | Oculus Rift

Change of HUD viewpoint came with the release of the updated A10C cockpit

Whilst not a perfect solution - I simply lower my seat position down!

Ah I vaguely remembered modding something way back to change the seat for TrackIR.

Can you save the position? It's a bit annoying having to move it every reload when I'm still learning to be proficient in the VR setting.

Is the new one more realistic? I struggle to get my head in the right position when seated, but I am a midget in a chair.

ASUS Z-170 PRO Gaming | Intl Core I7 7600 | 16GB Corsair DDR-4 2132 | nVidia 1660 Ti Black Edition 6GB | Saitek X-52 HOTAS | Oculus Rift

You can alter the default view position but tbh I just move the seat adjust switch every time I start up

Yeah that works better than moving the view position, the slew rate on view move is finicky. I just need to zoom in a little to get a good readable position for the amount I can move.

RAlt + Num0 will save the zoom position, same as saving snap views.

Thanks for the assistance!

Forgot to mention I just switched from TrackIR to a VR headset, that's why it was harder to get into position than just setting a good TIR curve.

• 2 weeks later...

Okey, would like one of the more knowledgeable on in-depth A-10 systems to give their opinion here....

When using CBUs with CCIP and CCRP.

I've noticed on the Hornet that when you use a JSOW A and designate a point, the weapon deploys in such a way that it opens up before the point so the cluster charges can hit exactly the target you gave (the designated point).

On the A-10, when using CCRP the SPI you give as a target is actually the point where the weapon will open up, releasing its clusters, not actually where it will hit. This is kinda counter intuitive, as you have to calculate on the move how much lead you have to give and for that you have to take in consideration wind speed (if using parachute clusters like on the -97 and -105), the speed of the bomb when it gets to the HOF, as well as its attitude (meaning its dive angle).

Meanwhile, when using CCIP, the same behavior seen with the Hornet is present. The CCIP piper is actually the impact point (CCIP... duh), meaning the cluster will open in advance so the charges can hit generally where you are aiming.

Is this intended behavior ?

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Mouse left click activation

Is there a way to make the thrustmaster Warthog Slew button (right throttle second button) act as the left button on the mouse so that after you activate the mic button you can activate the comm menu selection "F" command, within the keybind menu so that the mouse does not have to be used?

Is there a way to make the thrustmaster Warthog Slew button (right throttle second button) act as the left button on the mouse so that after you activate the mic button you can activate the comm menu selection "F" command, within the keybind menu so that the mouse does not have to be used?

Weaklink, I don't know about that. But you could try Voice Attack. It's essentially a voice recognition software that will do whatever keystroke you tell it to when you say it. Even with the free version you can do all the "F" keys and easily control the radio by simply saying "F1..... F5..... F2" you can also control your views with the same profile. I have it set on a spare mic transmit switch so its only "listening" while i'm pressing the button. I really enjoy coming up behind the tanker and simply saying "Ready Pre-Contact" and it does the radio menu for me rather then having to take the hand off the stick and futz with the mouse.

Anyway give it a try!

https://voiceattack.com/

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.