option to remove external fuel tank pylons from under intakes?

Strikeeagle345

Will there be an option to remove the pylons from under the intakes when we are not running external tanks? I noticed them there during the VFAT demo and was hoping we could run this bird clean if partaking in airshow activities?

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

• 7 months later...

hello team. I know you are all busy plugging away at bugs and new features. However, any update into the ability to remove the Fuel Tank pylons like you can with the phoenix pallets (and hornet pylons)?

thanks!

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Most F-14's never flew without external fuel tanks. The drag thes create is negligable.

We should have the ability to, regardless if "most" had them on at all times......

Top_Gun_FLASH.jpg

1436428455033698736.jpg

16715245.hsv0113687700.jpg

F-14-02.jpg

• Like 1

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im going to guess that the pylon is probably part of the F-14 main model instead of a seperate model. So making it seperate would require a new model.

I wish they are seperate as well. Its a tiny thing that makes the Zone 5 campaign more immersice

On 8/20/2021 at 1:41 PM, Airhunter said:

Probably gonna be an option with either the early or IRIAF A.

Should be an option for all variants seeing as how RAG F-14Ds didn’t have them on most

• Like 1

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights