Pedal trim

fatboy

Hi in 1.5.8 i use the the trimmer switch(not hat trimmer) and it holds the rudder pedals at that position and the cyclic in that position but in 2.2 i cant trim the pedals to stay where i want them.I constantly have use pedals.Why is this?Is it a bug or is it a change that is staying this way. Is it like this in the real Gazelle?

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

So is that going to be the way it stays in 2.5? Or will there be the option to use it like some of the other choppers? And thanks for answering cheers.

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

You do need a lot of right pedal at low speed or (non automatic) hover.

I bind the little red switch on my warthog hotas to x and y respectively so I can use it as a poor man's rudder trim.

For example, three clicks right and I take off poker straight. Gradually click them off as I hit ETL.

It basically saves having to keep heavy pressure on the right pedal for extended periods of time.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Just noticed the pedal trim was gone in 2.5 and IMO it's a mistake and I really don't understand the need to remove it since it was just an option?

Hope you will reconsider this and give us the option to select pedal trim again (even if the real bird doesn't have it) just like the Huey.

Love the fact that now when 2.5 is out....

Trees = BOOM! and Trees = No AI LOS

Major update for everyone but especially for us rotor heads since we now can deploy proper tactics :)

Edited by KeyCat

Going to make chopper play so much better with no A.I LOS and no more flying through trees especially trying to get away from fast movers on multiplayer.So looking forward to it.Also +1 for pedal trim back.

Found a workaround :)

Just edit the file "options.lua" in your config folder and change ["RudderTrim"] = false, to ["RudderTrim"] = true,

["SA342"] = {
           ["CPLocalList"] = "default",
           ["CPLocalListL"] = "default",
           ["CPLocalListM"] = "default",
           ["ControlsDisplayLocation"] = 0,
           ["EasierControls"] = false,
           ["EngineBreak"] = true,
           ["PreloadWaypoints"] = true,
           [b]["RudderTrim"] = true,[/b]
           ["StickPitchCurve"] = 0,
           ["StickRollCurve"] = 0,
           ["VibrationRate"] = 80,
       },

Note: It will not show up in setup GUI but that's fine with me, as long as I can enable it myself in above mentioned file :megalol:

Edited by KeyCat

:thumbup:

Any chance the cockpit texture/lighting will be tweaked? For me the cockpit is really dark compare to 1.58 or is it some of my settings (my gamma is 1.8. With same settings the cockpits in Su-33 and Huey is OK.

As said before, today is a date all DCS heli pilots will remember!