DCS FC3 Questions & Answers Thread

Milene

Thank you for your answer. What about dogfight? How can we utilize trimming during dogfight?

I'm not sure what to tell you about that. Like I said, trimming is used to balance your aircraft. And it's usually used to make fine adjustments. I would imagine a more balanced aircraft is more controllable in a dogfight and won't fight you as much but I don't want to make any sweeping statements here. Control movements are so extreme and exaggerated in a dogfight, I'm not sure how much trim will matter.

Maybe trimming the elevator up might give you a bit tighter turn but you always have to watch your angle of attack to prevent stalls and spins.

Going a bit off topic, I often like to use flaps in combat to give me a bit more lift and tighten my turn.

Just something you have to play around with.:smilewink: See what works for you.

I'm not sure what to tell you about that. Like I said, trimming is used to balance your aircraft. And it's usually used to make fine adjustments. I would imagine a more balanced aircraft is more controllable in a dogfight and won't fight you as much but I don't want to make any sweeping statements here. Control movements are so extreme and exaggerated in a dogfight, I'm not sure how much trim will matter.

Maybe trimming the elevator up might give you a bit tighter turn but you always have to watch your angle of attack to prevent stalls and spins.

Going a bit off topic, I often like to use flaps in combat to give me a bit more lift and tighten my turn.

Just something you have to play around with.:smilewink: See what works for you.

Thank you, you are very helpful.

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

I tried to use Autopilot to follow waypoints in F-15C. It seem that the autopilot only controlled roll. I have to control pitch manually or else the aircraft will head to eath to its demise. Is this a correct behavior?

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

I tried to use Autopilot to follow waypoints in F-15C. It seem that the autopilot only controlled roll. I have to control pitch manually or else the aircraft will head to eath to its demise. Is this a correct behavior?

There are several autopilot modes in the F-15C but the default one, the one that engages when you press "A", is the route following. This means that the plane will follow the waypoints and barometric altitude (not radar altitude) specified in the mission planner. Unfortunately, if this barometric altitude takes you through a mountain, you're quite dead. :cry: Which is why it is a good idea to keep your hand on the stick. So, yes, autopilot also controls altitude / pitch.

Kon

hi guys

Welcome :)

i have FC2 on my pc. is FC3 free for me

No, you need to purchase the FC3 module.

(can i install FC3 with FC2 key?)

No.

should i install DCS world with FC2?

No, will not work.

or only FC3 fit DCS world?

Correct - the FC3 module installs to DCS World.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Welcome :)

No, you need to purchase the FC3 module.

No.

No, will not work.

Correct - the FC3 module installs to DCS World.

thank you 159th viper

can i use missions and trainnig videos that designed for FC3 on FC2? or it make mismatch for all part of a module at all sections

Just bought FC3 but when installing Im getting a message that DCw ver 12913 is not installed. But it is and its the correct version. Very odd

I do have lock on installed as well

Did you run as admin?

can i use missions and trainnig videos that designed for FC3 on FC2?

Videos, yes. Missions, no.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

how do i get to see my pilot sitting inside the cockpit while in cock pit view?

rcntrl +p only Black shark has it.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Is there a flyable F16C and F22Raptor or F35A?

No.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I meet a problem about the ILS deviation circle during landing that when I was approaching Sochi, and the Nav was automatically turned to LNDG mode, the ILS deviation circle was not there!! Only nav circle. Is this a bug?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Ok guys just bought fc3 downloading as i type but its only 530mb!!

Fc is installed but im worried download is small?

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

Ok guys just bought fc3 downloading as i type but its only 530mb!!

Fc is installed but im worried download is small?

That is the whole thing. Everything else is part of World.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Am I missing something in fc3 track ir doesn't work,strange it works on all other dcs sims?

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

TIR should work. Check your axis assignments.

The airshow crowd is not a mod (unless you are talking about something else), it is a static object that can be placed within the Mission Editor.