Throttle sweet spot for cruising

Its probably mentioned somewhere else but I find that setting throttle to a specific power setting can actually reverse yaw direction or even neutralise it altogether without touching pedals leaving only stick pressure to attend controls for them long flights. Maybe I am wrong but just saying.

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

yes. I clear category in all and axis settings with updates. Its probably a CH rudder thing (might go with MFG xwind). Its not bad just not cut out for the 109 without hurting my feet..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I believe the 109 used an actual airfoil as the vertical stabilizer. Below a certain speed, the engine should pull your plane left, above it, the tail should start overcompensating in neutral rudder position and actually push your nose right.

IIRC the sweet-spot where both forces canceled each other out was around 500 kph indicated, but I'd have to test fly the plane to make sure.

I believe the 109 used an actual airfoil as the vertical stabilizer. Below a certain speed, the engine should pull your plane left, above it, the tail should start overcompensating in neutral rudder position and actually push your nose right.

Interesting trivia: The Spanish built a copy of the Bf-109G with a Hispano Suiza 12Z engine in place of the original DB-605 (as no DB engines could be obtained). Unfortunately the Hispano Suiza's propeller rotates the opposite direction to that of the DB-605 and the Spanish neglected to change the airfoil of the 109's tail, resulting in a plane with totally unmanageable yaw on takeoff. I can't imagine that it was much easier once you were flying at speed either- the pilots must have developed a very strong left leg.

(as no DB engines could be obtained)
Not at all, they intended from start to use the Hispano Suiza engine :smilewink:. Airframes also were delivered without tail fins as they must redesign them from scratch, original ones would had been worthless. HS engine just didn't achieve the intended results so finally, almost ten years later, they had an opportunity to get some Merlin engines (initially intended only for Spanish built Heinkel) and so used them.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 3 weeks later...

hang on, 109s used 51s engine? how is it possible?

hang on, 109s used 51s engine? how is it possible?

The Spanish made 109's.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

the michael caine one?

He doesn't have to look at exhaust, the whole effin' nose of the plane looks so wrong and out of place, that one can recognize Spanish built 109s from miles away :D

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Its probably mentioned somewhere else but I find that setting throttle to a specific power setting can actually reverse yaw direction or even neutralise it altogether without touching pedals leaving only stick pressure to attend controls for them long flights. Maybe I am wrong but just saying.

I believe that it was 1.2 ata? Works for me.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Throttle sweet spot for cruising

it differs but I meant in principle thats why I mean "throttle" not "ata". Like you slowly retard to get needle on opposite side then increase slowly till its on the ball in the middle.

also, economy setting 1.05/2000 is better to save fuel. Its really dynamic but I hope somebody gets charts from model.

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

another solution for non combat ferry flights imho is to use the trim special tabs extreme to get one leg in offsetting instead of two. I think I need to invest in mfg xwind. this in no way tarnishes CH but I like coordinated flying and keeping ball centered as it has many benefits compared to yawy or slipping flight.

it differs but I meant in principle thats why I mean "throttle" not "ata". Like you slowly retard to get needle on opposite side then increase slowly till its on the ball in the middle.

also, economy setting 1.05/2000 is better to save fuel. Its really dynamic but I hope somebody gets charts from model.

You'll find charts on Kurfurst's page, I believe : http://www.kurfurst.org/#engines

Economy settings are actually 1.15ata for 2000rpm, normal cruise 1.35ata at 2400rpm, combat & climbing 1.45 ata at 2600rpm and emergency is 1.8ata at 2800rpm with mw50

EDIT : actual chart : http://www.kurfurst.org/Engine/DB60x/DB605_datasheets_DB.html , at bottom

Edited by Whisper

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Thanks whisper.