Eurofighter Typhoon

Neon

Also in reality I would be happy with the Typhoon, Rafale, or a Gripen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We would all be happy with one of those modern jets but the reality is just that, they are still fairly new and modern front line jets in active service. Which means that the necessary data that would be needed to make a DCS level simulation is classified and unattainable at this point in time.

So if you still have an interest in flying those modern aircraft regardless of how unrealistic they may be you will just have to look into other simulators like Ace combat. But if you really prefer DCS then you will just have to set your sights on older retired aircraft or about to be retired like the Tornado.

TornGR1.jpg

Edited by Evoman

It would still be out of place should it get made.

I remember an other thread where 'place' in DCS was quite heavily discussed and I don't mean to open this discussion again, all I am going to say is that although I understand your POV, I respectfully disagree with this and believe there is no 'place' in DCS. There is room for everything and everyone :)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Or the M2000-5

Getting any information on the MICA missiles will be impossible. The French don't even share data about the missile with NATO partners! RAZBAM probably would have done the -5 if they could.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

The French don't even share data about the missile with NATO partners!

That is probably because they are scared to show their partners that their missile is not very good compared to the American and other European missiles :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

That is probably because they are scared to show their partners that their missile is not very good compared to the American and other European missiles :D
Nearly all European missile including the MICA are made by the same manufacturer which is MBDA. So that's bs.

Nearly all European missile including the MICA are made by the same manufacturer which is MBDA. So that's bs.

Looks like I offended a Frenchman. Calm down, it was just a joke.

• Like 1

Erich Fromm

Looks like I offended a Frenchman. Calm down, it was just a joke.
Np, it's just that you might be surprised by the speed at which a joke become a news those day.

Plus, being involved in the design of similar systems I sometime take it a bit personally.

All this talk of how well the Eurofighter would perform is irrelevant; the aircraft is far too classified. Even the one VEAO had their sights on was an early model with almost none of the systems that are on the current bird.

A far better aircraft for consideration would be the Tornado. There's plenty of documentation out there on it, it's being retired from service as we speak and, well, it's a freakin Tornado! What more do you want?!

+1. There is probably no chance we can get any newer European plane than Tornado. Still, the day Tornado would be released will be the day that I'll stop flying other DCS modules :)

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

One other aspect of the Typhoon would probably make it incredibly difficult to get access to the relevant information: Eurofighter is a three-nation consortium (UK, Germany, and Italy), and the aircraft is manufactured in all three countries, there are extensive treaties and agreements on this point. So unlike a Rafale or Gripen, it is highly likely that the various systems might involve information that is classified in three different countries. Three different countries with different legal systems, I might add.

This is yet another reason why I am skeptical about how much VEAO would legally have been able to include in the publicly released module.

But as others have pointed out, if you want Euro-consortium aircraft, the Tornado and the Jaguar are both far more likely to have legally available data. Or if you want something more exotic, maybe someone could try to get enough data together to simulate the Israeli Lavi fighter jet, since it was never brought into service?

I am sure they could get as close to reality with the Mica as they did with the Aim120

I agree with most here give up on the new secret stuff and give us the retired stuff where we have all the info. Tornado, F4, F104, All look great to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Np, it's just that you might be surprised by the speed at which a joke become a news those day.

Plus, being involved in the design of similar systems I sometime take it a bit personally.

I see, and yes, sadly that is somewhat of a truth these days.

Edited by MrDieing

Erich Fromm

I agree entirely with every point you make Buzzles, as much as I'd like to see a Eurofighter Typhoon it would:

• Outclass near enough every other fighter in DCS
  • Has too many classified systems, and DCS is about ultimate realism - literally as close as you can get on a home PC, if we start approximating everything we'll just end up with an FSX typhoon, do we really want that?

1) Yes, it would "outclass" almost every aircraft (unless we get Su-27 updated from S to at least SM or even SM2. But why we need such, when we can have older.

2) I wouldn't never call "ultimate realism" when it comes to DCS as there are so many core features in very simplified manner (radars, counter-measurements, targeting systems, terrain) and many could be improved with fairly simple "approximating" (like IFF, Terrain Concealment, Chaff).

Eurofighter Typhoon would just raise the possibilities to fly something more modern than we have now, but it is more of a dream.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Eurofighter Typhoon

1) Yes, it would "outclass" almost every aircraft (unless we get Su-27 updated from S to at least SM or even SM2. But why we need such, when we can have older.

2) I wouldn't never call "ultimate realism" when it comes to DCS as there are so many core features in very simplified manner (radars, counter-measurements, targeting systems, terrain) and many could be improved with fairly simple "approximating" (like IFF, Terrain Concealment, Chaff).

Eurofighter Typhoon would just raise the possibilities to fly something more modern than we have now, but it is more of a dream.

Preach brother preach! I am not really sure why this turned into a discussion at all it’s a wishlist post.

But to say that dcs is a complete high fidelity simulator you are very much fooling yourself. If it is sooo lifelike that’s the reason that all the developers avoided anything with a AtG radar for so long for the sake a “realism” right?

I have a feeling that the reason why we have less modern planes is because of the challenge of putting there systems in the game rather than declassified documentation. I am sorry but radars are radars. They do the same thing with some changes in speed, range, bands ect. Just because a new plane has a “new system” doesn’t mean that it breaks physics. All it’s systems still use the same basic ideas that the plane before it had.

So unless it’s something like the pakfa were there are no stated facts about how it moves, top speed, ect. There shouldn’t be a huge problem. They are not simulating every tiny little thing.

You guys are acting like the damn thing turns invisible, shoots fireballs out of its butt, or is in fact a space fighter meant to take on a alien invasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Neon

I guess the latter point of the discussion is that the more modern you get the less fidelity you get, so any Typhoon would involve even larger losses of fidelity.

With this in mind we may do ourselves a favor by sticking to Aircraft that are OOS or soon to be. The same with the weapons.

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

I guess the latter point of the discussion is that the more modern you get the less fidelity you get, so any Typhoon would involve even larger losses of fidelity.

With this in mind we may do ourselves a favor by sticking to Aircraft that are OOS or soon to be. The same with the weapons.

While a aircraft or system goes out of service, it doesn't mean it becomes non-secret as newer systems can be based to them or offer same features or be used to generate something to counter them.

To get aircraft hydraulic or basic electronic system blueprints can be possible and cockpit layout and some flight performance statics, lots of information how things really works is missing.

So what you can get with a contract even, doesn't mean you get invited at same table as the project engineers, designers etc responsible for the aircraft or weapons system.

And what that matters, when we are not going to use even half the aircraft features or capabilities?

It is sad licence was timed out, but there is hope someone gets it now as someone got it once earlier.

So in 5 years there can be news about it...

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

By ultimate realism, I meant in comparison to other PC flight simulators which even have largely approximated FDMs - DCS strives to make it as realistic as possible in many aspects, whereas with others it's less of a concern if you see what I mean. I'm not saying DCS is ultra-realistic, because that's over exaggerating, it is still being run on desktop PCs after all - I know there is approximation when it comes to the above systems. Nevertheless, I see what you're saying.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 9 months later...
So with the argumentation that it would outclass any aircraft in DCS it would be useless to have any aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon in DCS World?

I mean where do we want to start, if we want to start, and more information and data is declassified, with aircraft that entered service beyond the 2000's?

Same thing can be applied to older aircraft, if there are no opponents it shouldn't see life in DCS?

In my opinion any aircraft would fit into DCS World because it is a simulation of flight, however I understand that there is still the multiplayer or simply play area and that this or any other aircraft like the Eurofighter would cause problems in terms of unbalance.

Agreed. The other night I setup a quick mission hunting 2 "Doras" with Su-33. I got them every time. There was probably some imbalance...

:o)

On a more serious note, DCS is fun, a bit of approximation is fine (anyone remembers Kh-29 on Su-27 Flanker in Flanker 1.2?) Typhoon module would not be limited to flying head to head with Mig-29. It would simply be a fun to fly, or watch in AI action.

My 2 cents.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

• 4 weeks later...
I would be happy with them as AI.

Same with F22, F35

There were plans for Typhoon but it soon got scuttled...by VEAO. They have said they had access to BEA and such...

Well, its possible for earlier models but one needs permission and the data as well. So far maybe it could happen after 3 Years or so.

As for F-22 and F-35, its not gonna happen, they have tech that's NOT found on Typhoon.

• 4 months later...
ED got the information for the A-10 from having a military contract though.

The Eurofighter is classified, mostly because it is the top front line fighter in the airforces that have it. VEAO at least had a contract with the RAF and access to the aircraft+pilots.

If you approximate too much as you don't have the info, at what point does it stop being at DCS standards for an PFM/ASM?

Of course, doesn't mean it's insurmountable, as a third party might have better luck with another EU airforce rather than the RAF.

My personal feeling is also that it wouldn't actually fit into DCS. We'll definitely not get a US equivalent (F-22/35), nor a Russian counterpart (Mig-35/Su-57). So it'd outclass every other airframe in DCS.

A tranche 1 wouldn't be anywhere close to a F22 or F35. They lack features that even modernized 4th gen teen fighters like hornet or Viper have.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD