DCS ob unable to launch

G.J.S

For nearly two weeks now I have not been able to use DCS at all, as it just will not launch.

I click the desktop icon, the login bars flash up briefly, then nothing.

I am at a complete loss.

Up until roughly mid December DCS had been running absolutely fine, work got in the way and it wasn't until just after New Years that I was able to fire up DCS again, but it went through A LOT of updates, then after that had completed, I shut down without actually playing.

Fast forward another two weeks, and DCS just will not start, and has been this way ever since.

I cannot attach any sort of crash log, as DCS does not even start, so will not generate one. I have found a few threads on the forum where others have had "similar" issues, but for instance, running a repair sorts out the problem for them - it does not for me.

I have a great many add-ons invested in my DCS, and I am a little reluctant to just delete the folder and see if that cures it when I re-install, as I have a limited amount of install tries on my add-ons, and don't wish to blow them on something that may not "pan out".

Bloody typical that DCS (for me) becomes unusable just before the F-14 comes out!

:helpsmilie:

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Does DCS actually start up in task manager?

Do you have any user mods? if so remove them.

Have you tried running DCS.exe from the ..program files\eagle dynamics\bin\dcs.exe

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Hi FragBum.

Nope, DCS does not start up in Task manager at all, wont even show briefly.

How can I remove the mods? Is it just a case of navigating to the relevant file folders, and moving them elsewhere? (Assuming that works, how would I go about "putting them back"?).

And yes, I have tried running DCS.exe from the location you mention, but no joy.

Currently 03:00AM here, so I doubt ill be trying anything further tonight.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Wow that kinda sucks sorry man.

Okay I am only talking about user modes which should be in saved games dcs version not DCS modules. in which case they should be fine to relocate temporally for testing.

Yes I understand the number of licences and the PIA starforce can be. :cry:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Happy to report that I have had my issue resolved, by forum member "Blue Six" of Canada, who was able to point me to a problem addon and rectify it.

As such DCS now is working perfectly!

I have asked him for his permission to copy/paste his PM to me, so that I can add it to this thread for any other user to follow, should they find themselves in a similar problem.

When I get the "ok", I will add it here.

Thank you Blue Six!!

Edited by garyscott

As mentioned, a copy of the PM from Blue Six, this worked perfectly.

"Hi Gary, I had the same issue as you, yesterday, after updating to 2.5.4 stable. The cause was the MB-339 mod. The details and solution (including a replacement lua. file) are discussed here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...20#post3727720 There was no need to uninstall the MB-339, and it and DCS are working fine now, for me.

If you have the MB-339 mod installed, look there first.

blue six"

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...