Anyone else's bindings messed up with the new patch 2.5.3.22652?

I can't get the speedbrake to extend/retract either by my WH HOTAS or the keyboard --- anyone else having this problem too?

I even put the config files from a backup I made before the update - no joy.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

I can't get the speedbrake to extend/retract either by my WH HOTAS or the keyboard --- anyone else having this problem too?

I even put the config files from a backup I made before the update - no joy.

Works fine here after todays patch for OB.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

For all with binding problems, one question. A couple months(?) ago there was the same problem with a patch, there were two "groups". One just rebind the keys in game and the other edited the lua file to "reset the change". I did rebind my keys in game, what did the guys with the huge problems? rebind or editing the lua?

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

My bindings show up in the config GUI and I don’t have a new set of files like that last time you mention. Most HOTAS bindings are working - however I have done a full test yet. For the moment, the speed brake isn’t working for me at all either HOTAS or keys,

When I get some more free-time I will do a full test.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

For all with binding problems, one question. A couple months(?) ago there was the same problem with a patch, there were two "groups". One just rebind the keys in game and the other edited the lua file to "reset the change". I did rebind my keys in game, what did the guys with the huge problems? rebind or editing the lua?

This should never happen.

When ED realize bind mess up because of they changed something,they should come up a method to automatic convert our old bind.

They shouldnt let us do this thing manually

I hear ya brother!

I originally posted this in another thread:

The only binding issue I’m having is “Arresting Hook - Cycle” default is “H” and it doesn’t respond to the H key or HOTAS binding. The “Down” I set to “H” and the “Up” I set to “LShft+H”. All other “highlighted” bindings have been corrected. It only took me a few minutes to fix.

So, I’m assuming this is a bug. Unless I’m the only one to have this issue.

be·ta test

noun

noun: beta test; plural noun: beta tests

a trial of machinery, software, or other products, in the final stages of its development, carried out by a party unconnected with its development.

DCS World OpenBeta was updated today... I wonder, if OpenBeta was an option to download... I wish there was a release that I could use that wouldn't have these types of bugs because they would have been fixed after the community reported them in a "TEST or BETA" release.. golly this sucks...

Oh well... :)

By the way for anyone who didn't catch it... this is MAJOR sarcasm... download the RELEASE VERSION!!!!

This has been a public service announcement. We will now resume the regularly scheduled program...

Edited by Pac-Man

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

You can download the “Release” version of DCS World and you won’t need to worry about the OpwnBeta bug issues. It’s a separate install that will also take up plenty of disk space. I personally have both versions and they work fine by themselves.

be·ta test

noun

noun: beta test; plural noun: beta tests

a trial of machinery, software, or other products, in the final stages of its development, carried out by a party unconnected with its development.

DCS World OpenBeta was updated today... I wonder, if OpenBeta was an option to download... I wish there was a release that I could use that wouldn't have these types of bugs because they would have been fixed after the community reported them in a "TEST or BETA" release.. golly this sucks...

Oh well... :)

By the way for anyone who didn't catch it... this is MAJOR sarcasm... download the RELEASE VERSION!!!!

This has been a public service announcement. We will now resume the regularly scheduled program...

I don't think this is going to have much to do with it being a beta... I think this is part of them adding controller profiles. So this will probably be pushed to stable next patch.... if I am not mistaken.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

I rebinded few things and everything worked fine. No problems here.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

I strongly suspect that this issue will roll-over to the Release version next week. However, I always backup my settings (via a batch file I wrote and assigned to a macro key on my Alienware keyboard ), on a daily basis as small changes creep-in from me here and there.

So, if bad, then I will overwrite the config lua files from my external backup.

I think people would at least appreciate a heads up from ED so we aren't all running around wondering if this is a bug and caught off guard. I don't expect a heads up for EVERYTHING but this seems to be pretty big change.

Maybe in a newsletter, just say, "We will be making changes in the future to how keybinding is done in DCS in an effort to make it more streamlined, this may impact current keybindings." Then maybe offer a workaround if you want to keep your old keybinds.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

I rebinded few things and everything worked fine. No problems here.

Same here.

BUT rebinding the keys every few updates is a bit annoying.

I hope they got it now.

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

I think people would at least appreciate a heads up from ED so we aren't all running around wondering if this is a bug and caught off guard. I don't expect a heads up for EVERYTHING but this seems to be pretty big change.

Maybe in a newsletter, just say, "We will be making changes in the future to how keybinding is done in DCS in an effort to make it more streamlined, this may impact current keybindings." Then maybe offer a workaround if you want to keep your old keybinds.

I like that approach - maybe they will —- But, I’ve been around developers for many years and they don’t always have the end-user in mind. I’m primarily an enterpeprise system admin for over 30+ years (and also a developer - but for system admin user tools) and when developers get into “code-mode” they typically don’t see the real-world; but that what management has to reign in.

Again, YOU were warned that this could and would happen during EA. Maybe you should stick to something else until EA is over?

This isn't a major disruption... Since ED doesn't personally send you a PM begging your holiness for forgiveness they appear as they don't care - gotcha.

I simply don't care what your justifications are for firing people.

I do seriously doubt what you typed. I still call BS. Well I don't work for you so we will never know how long before you would "sack" me. My guess, based entirely on your posts, you'd be sacked long before I.

Revelation sometimes you have to sing the song " LET IT GO!! LET IT GO!!" ;)

I guess people still don't realize we still don't live in a perfect world..

My system specification

i7 13700KF/ Z690 Aorus Elite/ 32GB/ Galax 4080/ ViewSonic Elite XG320Q 32/ Next level racing - Sim cockpit - Boeing editing / 3x MFD's, Trackir 5/ TPR/ Orion2 F/A-18 Throttle/VPC WarBRD Base/ Hornet grip/F-16 grip/ HP Reverb G2

:thumbup:

I had to go through it. Had some double bindings on what I assume are new options in the keybind menu. Took me about five minutes to fix the Warthog. Axis were not changed or affected. Mostly issues with hats as well as some multi-position switches (boat switch, airbrake switch).

Beta is beta.

I love DCS but this is multiple times its happened now. I have all my bindings setup which i can re-do but then have to go back and forth with Voice Attack.

Gone from a high note with F14 back to the normal shit in a week.

Not acceptable for this price point

I had to go through it. Had some double bindings on what I assume are new options in the keybind menu. Took me about five minutes to fix the Warthog. Axis were not changed or affected. Mostly issues with hats as well as some multi-position switches (boat switch, airbrake switch).

Beta is beta.

$80 isnt BETA pricing