DCS World 2.5.x Caucasus Terrain Textures

Yes, just like Mustang said, the more often you repeat a texture, the more you create a certain "pattern" at high altitude. This is why I consider my solution as a compromise.

The exact values I modified are the two belows, all others are the ones set by Mustang.

noise1PerSquare = 3, -- 1.3 тайлинг дальних шумов

noise2PerSquare = 32.0, -- 8.0 тайлинг ближних шумов

And of course... always make a backup before editing config files !

Cheers

01m.thumb.jpg.e1d7df2560b218291c5df4858d906249.jpg

02m.thumb.jpg.bde29af6d3ae3ab403bf3d663c1b8d77.jpg

03m.thumb.jpg.9dcc4a6218e05b9788e16a2eb4d903e6.jpg

04m.thumb.jpg.d7cffa3ea51f5a5ab49c1a3470ed00b7.jpg

Edited by swiss_lipo

... the more you create a certain "pattern" at high altitude.

We call it texture tiling in CGI World (3D Max, Maya, etc.)

S!

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Since we discusses personal preferences...

What values and in what direction would you recommend adjusting for us flying exclusively low AGL? If beneficial at all?

(I'm happy with how it looks now, but I assume it involves some compromises altitude vice)

Skickat från min D6603 via Tapatalk

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Since we discusses personal preferences...

What values and in what direction would you recommend adjusting for us flying exclusively low AGL? If beneficial at all?

(I'm happy with how it looks now, but I assume it involves some compromises altitude vice)

Low AGL all the time then yes, a high noise1persquare setting such as 3.0 would be fine, the setting I chose for default though (1.3) is best suited for all altitudes so it's up to you.

Low AGL all the time then yes, a high noise1persquare setting such as 3.0 would be fine, the setting I chose for default though (1.3) is best suited for all altitudes so it's up to you.

Ah, thanks. I thought since swiss_lipo mentioned he both fly helicopters and jets hes values also was a compromise, that's why I asked for low flying only. I will try it out.

And of course, I highly appreciate your massive work on this!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Just want to confirm,will this install ok through JGSME ?

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Just want to confirm,will this install ok through JGSME ?

Yes, it works with JGSME.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks chaps.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Hi Mustang

Thanks for this amazing new mod.

I've tried tp edit the terrain.cfg.lua file just to see.

I've tried with Swiss Lipo's values and no more mission in Caucasus is launching.

I return back to default values and all is ok again.

My missions I've done are including an heavy number of objects. Is it linked to the fact that no more mission in Caucasus is launching with swiss Lipo's values ?

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

I was already a big fan of the latest 1.18 version, the details were especially gorgeous.

Now with the 1.29 version, I really enjoy the very natural transition from one spot to another and also how it blends with the other components of the map (cities and trees mostly). Both the scale of the details and the colours make the landscape look like it's really one whole scene, if that makes sense.

A true pleasure for the eyes !

Downloading Now........Thanks Mustang.

1. Any chance to have these pics like side to side comparition with the stock and/or previous one Gents?

2. Is there any way to convince Eekz from Burning Skies to allow this mod on his server PLS ������

second this request. i'm always down to try a new version, but doubt most of our plebe eyes can immediately spot the differences without help

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

ops! getting 404 file not found here (1.29)

Link is down temporarily, I have made a very nice enhancement to the landnoise.tif.dds which results in much nicer looking visuals down low, as soon as this is finished uploading I'll update the first post.

:thumbup: