Upgraded Mig-29

Guest Guest

Can anyone post a screenshot of the updated cockpit? Would be highly appreciated

unVWq5q.jpg

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's weird: If you fully deflect the stick aft and the AOA warning does not sound the stick behaves like in the Su-27 if someone fully pulls aft and then makes short button presses of the brakes(bypassing of G-limiter) if the AOA warning beeps this behavior ceases... look at the joystick indication

Edit: maybe most clear at 1:00 in the video. I dont move the stick at all just deflect it fully aft...

Nice video!, but I was more focused on listening the Whole lotta love cover on background! :D

PLease pleople tell me, did they fix the RWR range lights? And the ADI and HSI background lights?

The HSI is definitely lighted .. but the ball of the ADI seems to not be lighted .. will try it at night soon:

BcoUc2Q.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

1 "New Instant Action missions for MiG-29A and MiG-29S on Caucasus." i cant find those because they are simply not there.

I saw a lot of IA missions for Normandy:

3LSis4l.jpg

but not on Caucasus:

IwMOv2s.jpg

... perhaps the independent Module will have more.

PS: Just saw that NineLine put the missions here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222050 :)

Edited by Rudel_chw

Look at the controls box with Ctrl+Enter.

If you pull to much on the stick the AoA-G limiter is pushing the stick back to the center, like the real thing. So you must train your stick deflections to not pull to much avoiding the return to the center movement from the limiter....

Or... Use the stick limiter override that stop that return to center behaviour.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

@Rudel_chw

Are you using a cockpit texture mod, or how did you get an english cockpit? I dont have the option.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Look at the controls box with Ctrl+Enter.

If you pull to much on the stick the AoA-G limiter is pushing the stick back to the center, like the real thing. So you must train your stick deflections to not pull to much avoiding the return to the center movement from the limiter....

Or... Use the stick limiter override that stop that return to center behaviour.

Cool thanks, that was what I was wondering about - I didn't find the stick limiter override like in the Su-27 in the Mig-29 controls, so I guess you can't turn it off?

@Rudel_chw

Are you using a cockpit texture mod, or how did you get an english cockpit? I dont have the option.

Yes, I'm using this Cockpit Mod: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2081947/

Didnt even realized that I have it on on the updated Mig ... that's because this is actually a Livery and goes on my Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Liveries/ folder

Controls in the real Fulcrum is kind of mushy. Big defections, pilots can actually feel the dampening system working like crazy. In an interview with a former west german pilot, he said that the control system was more nicer and sophisticated on the F-4 Phantom. But pilots eventually got used to the Mig-29 and could compensate for the control system. Not up to standard of western fighters at the time.

Should be some differences between A and C model.

Looking forward to fly her when I get home. The cockpit looks rather good on the screens, but great cockpit mods are always welcome ;)

No, there is something else going on this is not it. My stick just has the right size

What you're seeing is the FBW system which is very similar to the SU27. It's limiting your pitch inputs at extreme AoA.

Also, you have a full size joystick? As in the same size as a real Mig29 joystick?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

The Mig-29A/S has not FBW.

The limiter is just a mechanical device.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The Mig-29A/S has not FBW.

The limiter is just a mechanical device.

Really? Wow....I stand corrected.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

About the new "Damper" mode from Russian forum:

The use of the “Damper” mode when piloting increases the own damping of the short-period oscillations of the aircraft relative to the longitudinal, transverse and normal axes. When the damping mode is on, regardless of the pilot's actions, all steering surfaces (stabilizer, ailerons and rudders) deviate to counter the angular velocities of the aircraft around the center of mass. As a result, when the “Damper” mode is on, the amplitude of the natural oscillations of the aircraft is less than when it is off, and the oscillations attenuate more quickly.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

From wikipedia: The MiG-29S, given the NATO reporting code "Fulcrum-C", features flight control system improvements; a total of four new computers provide better stability augmentation and controllability with an increase of 2° in angle of attack (AoA). An improved mechanical-hydraulic flight control system allows for greater control surface deflections.

Wonder if those differences are implemented in DCS? :joystick: