Planned Aircraft

tom1502

Wouldn't the Stuka be out-of-place on the western front in '44-'45?

i have no idea actually:) but i would love to see that bird in dcs

i just read something about deployement at D-Day and battle of britain but probably not used in normandy after that.

Edited by rogonaut

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have no idea actually:) but i would love to see that bird in dcs

i just read something about deployement at D-Day and battle of britain but probably not used in normandy after that.

Some years ago a 3rd party (Polychop) Started a Ju-87 project, but was depleted. Yet only ED (WW2 team) and VEAO (a P-40F) has making WW2 aircrafts.

Other devs that was/is going to release WWII aircraft besides ED:

Leatherneck: F4U Corsair, they have even stated that the Christen Eagle II is a testbed for piston aircraft in developing the Corsair, and they share some Corsair shots every now and then. They may or may not follow with a Japanese aircraft too.

Miltech-5: Was supposed to do a Ju-87 module including D-5 and G-2. Sadly seem to have fell by the wayside. Also, before the split Polychop was showing some interest in a Ho-229.

Octopus-G: They are doing an I-16 but it seems to be in a perpetual state of delay.

VEAO: They had a whole host of WW2 aircraft in their roadmap at some point, but we all know what happened with that. Still, they are to release the P-40F at some point, and they still show WIP shots for their Spitfire Mk something-something-very-late.

Fw-190A is a new thing, the next things in line were thought to be Me-262 and P-47D. So it seems ED does and possibly will keep expanding their WW2 offerings as well.

At this point, I would be interested in seeing something like a Bf-110, Ju-88, Do-217, B-25, A-20, A-26 etc. More attack oriented versions than bomber ones if possible.

Also Ju-87 and IL-2, perhaps Pe-8 too. I think some ground attack oriented aircraft would be welcome additions to warbird stable.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Other devs that was/is going to release WWII aircraft besides ED:

Leatherneck: F4U Corsair, they have even stated that the Christen Eagle II is a testbed for piston aircraft in developing the Corsair, and they share some Corsair shots every now and then. They may or may not follow with a Japanese aircraft too.

Miltech-5: Was supposed to do a Ju-87 module including D-5 and G-2. Sadly seem to have fell by the wayside. Also, before the split Polychop was showing some interest in a Ho-229.

Octopus-G: They are doing an I-16 but it seems to be in a perpetual state of delay.

VEAO: They had a whole host of WW2 aircraft in their roadmap at some point, but we all know what happened with that. Still, they are to release the P-40F at some point, and they still show WIP shots for their Spitfire Mk something-something-very-late.

Fw-190A is a new thing, the next things in line were thought to be Me-262 and P-47D. So it seems ED does and possibly will keep expanding their WW2 offerings as well.

At this point, I would be interested in seeing something like a Bf-110, Ju-88, Do-217, B-25, A-20, A-26 etc. More attack oriented versions than bomber ones if possible.

Also Ju-87 and IL-2, perhaps Pe-8 too. I think some ground attack oriented aircraft would be welcome additions to warbird stable.

-The Status of Leatherneck has unknown meanwhile they not complete the CE-2. Has put some F4u pics but surely on low profile to a medium, far module. The similar situation has the Iwo Jima Theatre on hold yet.

-Miltech-5 projects has unknown, the plans of ju-87 was previously to the Polychop split, and someone has suppose after some years, the Ju-87 wan depleted. The old FB and forum post has dead some years ago.

-Octopus-G I-16 on hands by ED for testing, but no news has coming from early 2018.

-VEAO has only the P-40F, but the situation continue unclear. Waiting some info.

-ED plans was the Fw-190 A8, P-47, Me262, the Mosquito talk by Yo-Yo and some other aircraft talking by Wags. By Chizh, no plans of "red aircrafts" yet.

what about a BF109 era Contemporary to the Fw190 A8?

BF109 G6 or G14? any plans for that? Latter was entering service just a month after allies landings over Normandy

Edit:

also given VEO's departure you can scratch of all of those planes

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

what about a BF109 era Contemporary to the Fw190 A8?

BF109 G6 or G14? any plans for that? Latter was entering service just a month after allies landings over Normandy

Edit:

also given VEO's departure you can scratch of all of those planes

The G-14 was born out of the Idear to standardized the G-Production Line, with a uncountable Conversions to streamline the Production, like Erla Canopy for Example..

But the difference was marginal, when they running on the same Engine, except the G6 is a uglyst 109 alive...

Only one Future was special for the Western Front, all produced AS/ASM Version with the big Blower from the DB-603 goes to the Western Front for the needed better High Altitude Power..

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• 1 month later...

I expect when the Fw190 A comes out I will be a happy camper, simply because this has been a lifelong dream since I built 1/32 Hasegawa kits. Possibly the P-47 will be on my shopping list too, depending on wether it's easier to fly than other WW2 planes or not.

With those planes there is already lot to do. If I had to name my absolute dream it would be a Nightfighter. Ideally this would be Bf110G - highly interesting from the technical point (they had RADAR !!) but very complex too.

A Mosquito or Me 262 Nightfighter would also seem possible and perhaps more realistic, given the current work on the planeset. Although the 262 was the 2 seater so a completely different plane, it's probably not gonna happen.

Which leaves the Mosquito, yes I can see that will be a very good and popular plane to fly.

But a man can dream right. A landing in the very early morning hours with the exhaust and the inside of the cabin faintly glowing, and a shot down flying fortress somewhere ...

Me110G4_2.jpg

I expect when the Fw190 A comes out I will be a happy camper, simply because this has been a lifelong dream since I built 1/32 Hasegawa kits. Possibly the P-47 will be on my shopping list too, depending on wether it's easier to fly than other WW2 planes or not.

With those planes there is already lot to do. If I had to name my absolute dream it would be a Nightfighter. Ideally this would be Bf110G - highly interesting from the technical point (they had RADAR !!) but very complex too.

A Mosquito or Me 262 Nightfighter would also seem possible and perhaps more realistic, given the current work on the planeset. Although the 262 was the 2 seater so a completely different plane, it's probably not gonna happen.

Which leaves the Mosquito, yes I can see that will be a very good and popular plane to fly.

But a man can dream right. A landing in the very early morning hours with the exhaust and the inside of the cabin faintly glowing, and a shot down flying fortress somewhere ...

Me110G4_2.jpg

Those exhaust pipes were exactly to avoid exhaust glowing in the dark, sorry to be a dream shatterer :( .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

As much as I would like to see early Battle of Britain/ early Pacific aircraft I think some more 43/44 aircraft first AI or flyable P-38,B-24, Halifax/Lanc, Me110/410/262 first.

Just so we don't wind up with a couple aircraft in each time period.

Actually ED has a P-47, de Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI and Fw-190 A-8 on progress and Me262 on follow.

The AI planned can be check here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

Avro Lancaster

A-20G Havok Light Bomber

B-24 Liberator

B-25 Mitchel

B-26 Invader

Bf 109 G-6

C-47 Dakota

Fw-190 A-8

Hawker Typhoon

Heinkel 111 Bomber

Ju-88A-4/Torp

others WW2 Bomber AI Units

Actually ED has a P-47, de Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI and Fw-190 A-8 on progress and Me262 on follow.

The AI planned can be check here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

beside p-47 and fw190 im so keen to see twin engine piston props in game :)

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 1 month later...

This seems like the place to put my request for a Hawker Typhoon. All this talk about planned aircraft for DCS Normandy...how can this one not be right up there? Maybe too hard as there is no flying model. But Aeroplane Heaven had a good go at it. A rocket firing Tiffie - NOW we're talkin'!

The role of the P-38 was quite limited in Europe if I recall correctly.

There are far more important planes required to build up than the lightning at the moment, hopefully we will get it one day.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

There are far more important planes required to build up than the lightning at the moment, hopefully we will get it one day.

+1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

This seems like the place to put my request for a Hawker Typhoon. All this talk about planned aircraft for DCS Normandy...how can this one not be right up there? Maybe too hard as there is no flying model. But Aeroplane Heaven had a good go at it. A rocket firing Tiffie - NOW we're talkin'!

+1 billion

There were 26(?) Tiffie squadrons supporting operation overlord

I really hope we get the bubble canopy, four prop and 11lb boosted version.

attachment.php?attachmentid=210561&stc=1&d=1558522814

Colton16.jpg.2373f7ccb47dc17313379db589690a97.jpg

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

At the time of the D-Day landings the P-38J was in service with the following units:

8th AAF

20th Fighter Group (converted to P-51 July '44)

55th Fighter Squadron

77th Fighter Squadron

79th Fighter Squadron

55th Fighter Group (converted to P-51 July '44)

38th Fighter Squadron

338th Fighter Squadron

343rd Fighter Squadron

364th Fighter Group (converted to P-51 Aug '44)

383rd Fighter Squadron

384th Fighter Squadron

385th Fighter Squadron

479th fighter Group (converted to P-51 Sept '44)

434th Fighter Squadron

435th Fighter Squadron

436th Fighter Squadron

9th AAF

367th Fighter Group (converted to P-47 early '45)

392nd Fighter Squadron

393rd Fighter Squadron

394th Fighter Squadron

370th Fighter Group (converted to P-51 Feb '45)

401st Fighter Squadron

402nd Fighter Squadron

485th Fighter Squadron

474th Fighter Group

428th Fighter Squadron

429th Fighter Squadron

430th Fighter Squadron

Allowing each of a total of 21x squadrons to put 16x airframes operational on any given day, that's a total of 336 P-38s available for D-Day.

That's loosely equivalent to 2x Luftwaffe Geschwader of the period.

Why anyone thinks that's an insignificant amount or somehow unimportant to the Normandy air campaign... well.