MiG-19P Farmer "B" Status

Zeus67

Does the MiG-19 RWR have any kind of range limitations? or can it detect when its being locked no matter what distance away the locking radar is?

If a radar is locking you up, then that radar has enough beam power to do so and as such enough beam for your RWR to detect. Distance's got nothing to do with it, I think. Unless it's a sophisticated radar that doesn't need that much of beam to lock you up, so your modest MiG-19 RWR wont be able to detect anything. But maybe such radar system doesn't exist anyway. Never heard of an "invisible" radar system that locks up targets without being detected.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Does the MiG-19 RWR have any kind of range limitations? or can it detect when its being locked no matter what distance away the locking radar is?

If the enemy radar can lock you then it has enough signal strength for it to be detected.

TWS is not exactly a radar lock. It makes use of the radar's memory to keep track of a specific target, but the radar still is in search mode. That is why it is not detected and cannot be used for weapons guidance.

Modern radars can actually keep a tracking beam on the target thus enabling them to guide weapons while in TWS.

But the preferred method for weapons guidance is STT.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Seems we will be flying this baby by the end of this month as well as per todays Newsletter. Looking forward to it!

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

WHY CAN'T WE PRE-ORDER?!

*throws money at screen*

From today's newsletter

"DCS: MiG-19P by RAZBAM Simulations

attachment.php?attachmentid=200709&d=1545895395

The DCS: MiG-19P by RAZBAM will be coming later this month! This early, Russian supersonic fighter further completes the line of MiG fighters in DCS World. MiG-15bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21bis, and MiG-29. Named “Farmer” by NATO, the MiG-19 was the first production, Russian fighter capable of supersonic flight and comparable with American “Century Series” fighters like the F-100, F-105, F-106 and others.

The MiG-19 is a great addition to the stable of 1950s fighters, with more to come."

I'm unsure if that means we'll get to play it by the end of this month or if pre-orders later this month. At a bet I'd say its likely coming after the CE2 which will be launched on the 23rd. I kind of hope I'm wrong though as flying it by the end of the month too.

From the way the entire newsletter reads the Farmer seems to be arriving before the Tomcat any way you put it.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Day one buy for me, I love the early MiGs.

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

I'm dispointed with this. Very disapointed. Mirage 2000 will have a big rework (which is nice !), the Harrier is still at a very early stage, while usable and enjoyable, it lacks depth in its systems, and still no JDAMs... And the MiG-19P will came on top of all this work ?

I've lost my faith in Razbam. I start to fear that the Harrier will end like the Hawk.

Good luck to the devs, I'll continue support and bug report on the Harrier, but I'll not buy another Razbam product anymore, except if quality level is very good

Anyway, cheers.

I am upset. I do not want this plane, never really had an interest in it, but I will have to buy it and fly it when it comes out, because it looks too damn awesome not to.

Damn you RAZBAM!

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

Day one buy for me, I love the early MiGs.

Ditto!:thumbup::pilotfly:

All modules: past, present and future!:pilotfly::joystick:

i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz | 32GB RAM | Gigabyte RTX 2070 Gaming OC 8G | TM Warthog (slew mod) | TM pedals | Oculus Rift S

In the event of hydraulic pressure loss in both main and booster systems, an electric servo-mechanism (APS-4 or APS-4MD) powers the stabilizer. Is this emergency system simulated?

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

on the RWR doppler topic,

What he's referring to is if the RWR can detect High PRF emissions used by pulse Doppler radars.

Chances are it couldn't simply based on the equipment available of that era. Most 1st generation RWRs could not detect HPRF emissions with their simple crystal video receivers, and they needed special equipment to detect CW signals. This is also true for 1st generation RWRs from the U.S., such as those used in Vietnam.

But keep in mind that Close in ACM modes (even on modern radars) dont use HPRF. They rapidly switch to medium or low PRF for all aspect detection at close range in STT (unless guiding a semi-active missile).

So the Mig-19's RWR should detect LPRF signals (Ground mapping or ACM modes in modern radars, plus old school analog radars using LPRF) and maybe MPRF signals (modern radars using a MPRF waveform) from rear aspect only.

A crystal video receiver would also explain the poor sensitivity it presumably has ("only detecting STT emissions").

If RAZBAM decides to go with the following logic: [is emitter in rear hemisphere? -> if yes, is it locked on to my aircraft. -> if yes, display indication]

Then they would have a somewhat accurate solution to its simulation. However, with the logic above, a 4th gen aircraft could lock onto an escaping MIG-19 from afar with HPRF selected which would give the MIG an RWR indication. IRL, the RWR probably won't actually detect the lock on at all if the enemy was using a HPRF waveform.

I think as long as they make the RWR sensitivity coefficient low enough to the point that it wouldn't detect an emitter beyond 15 miles or so (where a modern radar in STT would automatically switch out of HPRF and go to MPRF or LPRF) then it'll work great.

Edited by Beamscanner

Pics, videos and liveries are all pretty and all, but may we see some charts comparisons of flight model with flight manual? Acceleration, climb rate, G, endurance and so on?

Another topic - please make videos of ARK assisted airfield circuit with real manual citation, and radar-assisted gunnery with real manual citation. Thank you.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

However, with the logic above, a 4th gen aircraft could lock onto an escaping MIG-19 from afar with HPRF selected which would give the MIG an RWR indication. IRL, the RWR probably won't actually detect the lock on at all if the enemy was using a HPRF waveform.

Thanks for the clarification :thumbup:

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module