Is DCS 1.2 install necessary?

jcbak

I currently have 1.2, 1.5 and 2.0 installed. I never uninstalled 1.2 because I wasn't sure how the final version of 2.0 was going to be pushed out. I thought it might be an update to 1.2 so I figured I keep the install just in case. However, I have about 50 gbs free space on my SSD and I am concerned when DCS combines 1.5 and 2.0 at the end of the year. Will this be a fourth install??? Obviously I would then be able to uninstall 1.5 but figured the new version may used files already installed. Anyway.....what would be the downside to uninstalling 1.2???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Your 1.2 version is the "release" branch.

The other two are "test" branches.

ED, at some point in the near future, are going to merge the 1.5 test branch into the release branch*. This'll mean your release version will be the one that gets updated.

Here's a good visual explaination:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2597670&postcount=52

In short, unless you desperately need to free up 20ish gig in the next week or so, you might as well keep 1.2 installed and then decide once the update has gone live if you still want the test versions on your machine.

*This is most likely approach, as for them it is probably safer to update everyone to 1.5 and stick with Black Sea which everyone can use. 2.0 currently only works with NTTR and I'd imagine that Black Sea in 2.0 will go through a beta test first.

Edited by Buzzles
  • Like 1

Thank you, sir.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]