Anyone deleted DCSW 1.2 yet?

I moved 1.2 to my HDD a while back. Only the "active" sims gain access to my SSD... :)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I unistalled it just after 2.0 launched, we havent used 1.2 for a while, we pretty much moved to 1.5 when that became a lot more stable.

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

Is it just copy and paste? that will free me some room

yes. that's all I did. Plus, update your launch icon (if on the desktop), to reflect the new path.

(do a quick search on moving your DCS install, couldn't believe it was that simple). :)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

The release version of 1.5 is called DCS 2. ;)

DCS 1.5 was made available to test EDGE (Eagle Dynamics Graphics Engine) while Nevada still wasn't ready for release.

Once the Black Sea map is 2.0 compatible I assume 2.0 will become the new Open Beta and 1.5 will cease to exist.

You're wrong :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2594578&postcount=5

Ver. 1.5. This version includes all the same content as Ver. 1.2, but uses the new graphics engine. At the end of December 2015, we plan to move Ver. 1.5 out of Open Beta and make it the new released (stable) version. At that time, Ver. 1.2 will no longer be updated and supported.

Personally, I'm keeping 1.2 installed as that's the version that's going to be updated when ED merge stuff.

1.5 OB and 2.0 Alpha will still exist, and ED don't ever turn a person's beta installs into release.

You're wrong :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2594578&postcount=5

Personally, I'm keeping 1.2 installed as that's the version that's going to be updated when ED merge stuff.

1.5 OB and 2.0 Alpha will still exist, and ED don't ever turn a person's beta installs into release.

There will no doubt be a full release version of 2.0 downloadable from DCS site. Not everyone coming to 2.0 will have arrived there via 1.2.

New users wont be downloading 1.2 then having to update it to 2.0, stands to reason there will be a full standalone client.

There is no harm in deleting 1.2

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

Still hosting/flying 1.2.16 multiplayer three times week. Betas and Alphas don't interest me. Waiting for the real release version of 1.5

Normally I would agreed, but 1.5 is pretty much rock solid so far to me.

My system:

Win 10, Amd Ryzen 3700@stock GTX1080 Ti, 34" Asus G-sync ultrawide monitor, Ipad Air, 32 gigs of 3600 ram, complete CH HOTAS setup, Oculus Rift CV1/Trackir5 and a Saitek Quadrant

Been simming since the Commodore 64. A few million polygons ago.

So, just to be sure, I can uninstall the 1.2 and the 1.5 updater will convert the 1.5 Open Beta to a stable release once the time comes? I.e. there's nothing that will be reused by the 1.5 stable in the 1.2 branch?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

So, just to be sure, I can uninstall the 1.2 and the 1.5 updater will convert the 1.5 Open Beta to a stable release once the time comes? I.e. there's nothing that will be reused by the 1.5 stable in the 1.2 branch?

No.

This is what people seem to not understand. Open Beta stays Open Beta.

The release version (1.2) is the version that'll get updates, as that is the only non-test install on your machine. This is the same as has happened for all other patches that have gone through beta.

^ Nobody knows really. The newsletter didn't specify which install is going to serve as a base for a stable 1.5.

Edit - Buzzles' theory sounds plausible, though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I still have LOMAC installed. I make sure to have more disk space than I can possibly use. I hate not having things readily available.

Edited by Exorcet

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

The release version (1.2) is the version that'll get updates, as that is the only non-test install on your machine. This is the same as has happened for all other patches that have gone through beta.

This is why I've kept it so far, but I'm not so sure it will work the way you describe given what I've seen so far with the latest updates.

I'd expect 1.5 (Stable) installer exe to be available online for download which will then copy the 1.5 Beta files as the base and then compare with the files on the server to download the updates.

It would be nice to get an official confirmation so I can free some space from the ever so insufficiently large SSD partition.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Quick related question. Should you "de authorize" modules before you uninstall them (like some games do), or do you not have to do that with DCS?

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

How many versions of DCS exist ?

I'm very confused can someone tell me how many versions of DCS exist and what the

differences between them?

on my pc there is just a DCS WORLD version 1.2.16.43180

im reading today that there is new update of what ? i can not update my version

I would be grateful to those who do for me order.

thanx

You have the 1.2.16 version. The next version is the 1.5.2 update to that install (brings 1.2 to 1.5 beta). Then you have 2.0 which is the Alpha release but you need to buy the NTTR map to use 2.0.

So in a nutshell:

1.2 full release

1.5 Beta - Beta version upgrade to 1.2 ( I updated my 1.2 to 1.5 via Steam - so I have no 1.2 any longer - if you have separate install of 1.2 outside of Steam, then I think you can do a separate install of 1.5 - thus having these two version on you desktop at same time).

2.0 is Alpha release of the new DCS. Again, you need to purchase the NTTR map to fly it.

Hope this makes sense.

Good day,

DrDetroit

DrDetroit did a good job. I will just add that they plan to merge everything into the 2.0 version in a few months. All this confusion is just temporary.

If you don't want to participate in testing, then just wait until the others are released as stable. Your 1.2.16 will update to 1.5.2 sometime in december I think, then it will update again to 2.0 when that is finished.

Edited by Brisse

This is what people seem to not understand. Open Beta stays Open Beta.

^^ This !!

(feelin' a little less alone)

Let's try to draw it:

attachment.php?attachmentid=130202&stc=1&d=1450030518

Disclaimer: not official and what is after the "TODAY" mark is my own personal interpretation.

++

Az'

DCS_branches.thumb.png.b6da9862bb8dad4619bef0ece3d01872.png

• Like 2

spacer.png

^^ This !!

(feelin' a little less alone)

Let's try to draw it:

attachment.php?attachmentid=130202&stc=1&d=1450030518

Disclaimer: not official and what is after the "TODAY" mark is my own personal interpretation.

++

Az'

Excellent!

We now expect a weekly progress review for you to provide an update. The only thing missing is the stoplight for the action/task list.

Many thanks, rep inbound! :);):megalol::pilotfly:

• Like 1