VPC Webstore and MongoosT-50 Base Update

Cyph3r

Hello VIRPILs,

We are very pleased to announce the launch of our new merged webstore combining our EU and Rest of World webstores.

This will bring the benefits of PayPal, Braintree card payments and courier delivery options provided via TNT/FedEx to our rest of world customers!

All prices will now be shown excluding VAT in Euros. Customers within the EU will have VAT added during the checkout automatically whereas our rest of world customers will pay the ex VAT price.

We will continue work to expand the VPC distribution network to offer the best ordering experience possible for all of our customers.

Our complete flightstick controllers product pages have also changed - you can now use a drop down menu on the product page of each base to add a compatible grip. Flightstick bundles (grip + base) are offered with a 10% discount that is automatically calculated on checkout. This offer applies to any order that includes at least 1 x VPC base and 1 x VPC grip!

Finally, we must announce some big news regarding our VPC MongoosT-50 base; this was released as our first high-end base in mid 2017, we are incredibly proud that so many users are enjoying their MT-50 flightsticks and we have received fantastic feedback from the community since it’s release.

We feel it is now time to move on and we will be launching the FINAL VPC MongoosT-50 base sale! Our remaining stock of VPC MongoosT-50 bases will be available with a 10% discount - so be quick, as this will be the last opportunity to purchase this base!

There is still a small number of orders from our old rest of world webstore that are pending dispatch, these orders are currently in the process of being prepped and will be sent out out ASAP over the next couple of weeks. Existing orders are our priority and our webstore will only be restocked after these orders are completed.

For any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at support@virpil.com.

Thank you for your continued support!

VIRPIL Controls Team

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Finally, we must announce some big news regarding our VPC MongoosT-50 base; this was released as our first high-end base in mid 2017, we are incredibly proud that so many users are enjoying their MT-50 flightsticks and we have received fantastic feedback from the community since it’s release.

We feel it is now time to move on and we will be launching the FINAL VPC MongoosT-50 base sale! Our remaining stock of VPC MongoosT-50 bases will be available with a 10% discount - so be quick, as this will be the last opportunity to purchase this base!

So what does this mean?

A) Another VPC base will be released in the near future? Meaning production of this new base is about to start.

or

B) VPC will only make the WarBRD base from now on, at least for some considerable period of time (1+ year)?

So what does this mean?

A) Another VPC base will be released in the near future? Meaning production of this new base is about to start.

or

B) VPC will only make the WarBRD base from now on, at least for some considerable period of time (1+ year)?

Production on a new base is not about to start - we're still chasing demand on our current lineup of products! The MongoosT-50 base is being discontinued so that we can focus our efforts for the time being.

We will be looking to evolve the MongoosT-50 in the future of course, but there is no ETA. So the VPC WarBRD will be our headliner for now. :thumbup:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What??

No more Mongoos T-50 base?

I will say I find this very surprising.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks for answering my previous post.

How about spare parts availability for MongoosT-50 base? How long the spare parts for it will be available?

No company sticks with the Mk.1 forever smilewink.gif

Yes, but usually they drop Mk. I only when they make Mk.II. Discontinuing MongoosT-50 with no equivalent replacement (a base designed to take extensions) leaves a big gap.

Thanks for answering my previous post.

How about spare parts availability for MongoosT-50 base? How long the spare parts for it will be available?

Support for the MongoosT-50 will be maintained of course, don't worry :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:thumbup:

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Awesome - finally got to order a T-50!

Better be fast :)

@Virpil : Like others, I find it strange that T50 is being discontinued without a suitable replacement, knowing that WarBRD is targeted for desktop use and the T50 was aimed for extensions. Is WarBRD finally a correct product for usage with extension, is there any limitation that was absent from T50 (limited length, or... )

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Better be fast :)

@Virpil : Like others, I find it strange that T50 is being discontinued without a suitable replacement, knowing that WarBRD is targeted for desktop use and the T50 was aimed for extensions. Is WarBRD finally a correct product for usage with extension, is there any limitation that was absent from T50 (limited length, or... )

Yeah my thoughts exactly, no suitable center mount stick with extensions to take it's place seems quite odd. Folks desiring this type of setup now will be forced to look at other options beside Virpil.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yeah my thoughts exactly, no suitable center mount stick with extensions to take it's place seems quite odd. Folks desiring this type of setup now will be forced to look at other options beside Virpil.
not possible to mount warbrd to the desk mount thingy?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Imo, it's not good for the customers that T-50 base has been discontinued due to reasons stated (no extensions etc.). I've seen this coming tho. Probably good for the company.

I hope the support for T-50 base continues, as some of us may potentially be left with an relatively expensive piece of metal if something goes wrong. Somehow I don't think there will be a steady stock of spare parts kept for this base... hope I am wrong.

I am definitely going to be very careful when purchasing future products as this doesn't really inspire confidence, despite how good the products are.

Edited by mdee

Imo, it's not good for the customers that T-50 base has been discontinued due to reasons stated (no extensions etc.). I've seen this coming tho. Probably good for the company.

I hope the support for T-50 base continues, as some of us may potentially be left with an relatively expensive piece of metal if something goes wrong. Somehow I don't think there will be a steady stock of spare parts kept for this base... hope I am wrong.

I am definitely going to be very careful when purchasing future products as this doesn't really inspire confidence, despite how good the products are.

Again - I must stress that support for the VPC MongoosT-50 base will be maintained.

Every company (including our competitors) will go through revisions of products with the old ones being discontinued. It is nothing new or unique to VPC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

not possible to mount warbrd to the desk mount thingy?

The VPC WarBRD can be mounted to our desk mounts!

So, the worldwide store is open now, but I still can't buy a WarBrd and throttle.

The stock for these items had all been purchased this morning - however we're aiming to restock the store at the end of October.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The VPC WarBRD can be mounted to our desk mounts!

Yes but did you also not state center mount with extensions would not be suitable due to the longer throw of the WarBRD?

Don B

Again - I must stress that support for the VPC MongoosT-50 base will be maintained.

Every company (including our competitors) will go through revisions of products with the old ones being discontinued. It is nothing new or unique to VPC.

Considering the amount and level of support I've got from you guys, I am a bit reassured. Please understand that a product discontinuation after such short time on the market is never going to be taken lightly, except if you are Apple ;).

Looking forward to your new T-50 level base. Make if FFB and you will have a customer :)

will there be a chance of trading in to upgrade to the new revision plus a bit more payment or I would likely need to purchase a new iphone?

Has anybody ever needed support for the T-50? It doesn't seem like anything is going to break.

Issues I heard of (excluding those solved by making some adjustments or software issues - so issues which required some part replacements), in the order of decreasing frequency:

- stuck cam screws (by far the most common issue) due to the threadlock used (type and/or quantity);

- worn insulation on cables (due to friction between the cable and the metal part of the gimbal);

- and - apparently very rare - some electronics board replacements.

Has anybody ever needed support for the T-50? It doesn't seem like anything is going to break.

I did due to the cams, but their support was excellent.

Don B

I ordered the WARBRD base and planned to use it with the TMW Grip.

With VPC's last announcement, I went to their EU Store to investigate buying the T-50 Grip.

Was just about to pull the trigger when I noticed the shipping charge to the USA (via TNT Express), a whopping $56!

That's 33% of the purchase price of the grip.

That has to improve VPC if you want to sell to the market in the US.

Edited by jjohnson241

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

That sounds a little high. I was going to buy the T-50 base and grip, plus a desk mount and shipping was $48 to Colorado.

What direction does the package come from? East or west? That might be the difference since you're in the east.

Buzz