Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

I just think its a very disappointing outcome. if you want to play ww2 there are plenty of good ww2 sims out there which have ww2 settings and equipment.

As for the viggen well just bleh. Useless niche swedish junk which is as much use as teats on a bull. In real life and game.

Agreed! But let us have some hope that it is a marketing gag...

Windows 7 Ult 64 Bit | Intel Core i5-3570 | 16GB DDR3-2133 | GTX 770

I want to hear cobra847 on this.

LNS and wags will crucify steam!!

:doh:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Anyone have a picture of AJS loaded?

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

That's the game.

When you wait to long, you eventually get a leak. :music_whistling:

I've seen this happening a lot in one of my job. Guys putting a youtube video for a live meeting with company directors and forgetting the "private" options... product stolen in company trucks during early closed presentations.... It always happen. :D I also played drunk games a few time with employee from competiting companies and got early intel :music_whistling:

Anyone have a picture of AJS loaded?

c7488b6c143ac3c398b582ced40d61ca.jpg

Here's one where it carries 4 BK-90/DWS-39 Mjolnir. :-)

This document has a few shots of different loadouts. :-)

[ame]http://www.fht.nu/bilder/Flygvapnet/Flygvapennytt/fv_nytt_2_91_ajs_37_viggen.pdf[/ame]

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Edited by RaXha

Yeeeees :lol:

I'm so excited for the Saab 37 Viggen!

The STOL capabilities are going to be very interesting to explore, so will the other systems.

Imagine landing on a forest road with "carrier style" no-flare-approach & stopping within 500m! Taking-off fully loaded within 500m! Flying ground attack missions near tree-tops at >1450 km/h!

OK I'm no expert on the 37....but I sure intend to become one with the help of LN;)

As for the AJS-37, I'm glad they made that choice & it's not impossible LN will expand with an AJ-37(?)....

Also the Corsair is a very welcomed addition, those carrier ops will be fun:smilewink:

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Hope other 3rd party developers start to take notice. The Devs we have here now are awesome for buying in and exponentially increasing our sim experiences.

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."- General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262.

JayRac3r/Lt_Mav YouTube Channel

Edited by Lt_Maverick

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."- General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262.

JayRac3r/Lt_Mav YouTube Channel

As for the AJS-37, I'm glad they made that choice & it's not impossible LN will expand with an AJ-37(?)...

The AJS is pretty much just a AJ with a slightly modernized payload, if you're asking for the interceptor variant that's the JA-37. That's pretty much a completely different aircraft from the AJ/AJS. :-)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I wished Cobra has done his announcing in November with his unique style and Swedish humor. It's always a pleasure to read his updates.

Won't this still happen? Leatherneck hasn't announced yet and I expect a well-written overview of their planned (and not actually announced - just confirmed) modules - likely with media.

It's no good having the winds taken out of their sails (but not out of their sales...too much pun?), but I'm glad that we finally know whats coming.

I think it's important that LNS announce their projects on their terms, but I also hope they can hybridize their different announcement schemes - announcing when the project is further along than the Tomcat was, but not waiting as long as they did with these 2 projects. It's fun to learn about pending projects and read about the aircraft.

I'm still hoping there is a December update with info on their plans and the F-14. Should be fun to read (just like all the prior LNS updates :)).

-Nick

Well, its a shame that such a great things got leaked. I guess if you wait too long thats what happens ...

But anyway, its quite obvious that if F4U is coming than next thing will be A6M in that department. Though Iwo Jima does not fit into that, the major encounters over Iwo happened in June/July 1944 when almost all A6M5s from Yokosuka Kokutai were wiped out by Hellcats from TF 58. No Corsairs were involved there. And after early July rest of Japanese pilots were evacuated leaving no opposition for further US raids. So if any Corsairs were flying there, they had no enemies to fight there, only could drop ordnance.

On a sidenote, I know that briefly there was stationed an Army unit consisting Oscars but that was only temporarily ...

But it doesnt really matter, most important is which model of F4U-1 we get and with what settings/performance and which model of a Zero it would be to fight it.

Also in regard to Ai, if that is an Iwo Jima and in future Okinawa than I'd expect some Ai J2M, Ki-43 and Ki-84 and who knows what for US.

For now I only know where my money will go soon ^^

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I just think its a very disappointing outcome. if you want to play ww2 there are plenty of good ww2 sims out there which have ww2 settings and equipment.

As for the viggen well just bleh. Useless niche swedish junk which is as much use as teats on a bull. In real life and game.

Swedish junk...

The Viggen was a Superbe Aircraft of its time And Decade for Decade was comparable to any other international aircraft.

Just Because a Viggen is not what you wanted does not make it a bad aircraft...

Give me one Reason To why the Viggen is junk... Or do you mean Swedish aircraft in general are all junk?...

Yeeeees :lol:

I'm so excited for the Saab 37 Viggen!

The STOL capabilities are going to be very interesting to explore, so will the other systems.

Imagine landing on a forest road with "carrier style" no-flare-approach & stopping within 500m! Taking-off fully loaded within 500m! Flying ground attack missions near tree-tops at >1450 km/h!

OK I'm no expert on the 37....but I sure intend to become one with the help of LN;)

As for the AJS-37, I'm glad they made that choice & it's not impossible LN will expand with an AJ-37(?)....

Also the Corsair is a very welcomed addition, those carrier ops will be fun:smilewink:

As Previously Stated the AJS-37 is only a very minor upgrade over the AJ-37.

A slightly Upgraded Onboard computer to be able to Handle the BK-90 and RBS-15F aswell as the Aim-9L And Rewiering of the Pylons to make it possible to carry certain weapons on more of the pylons (for example previous to the upgrade only 2 pylons where Aim-9 capable and only 2 where AGM-65 capable but after the upgrade all 6 pylons can use the Aim-9 and 4 of them are AGM-65 capable)

But Engine Radar Cockpit etc is all the same from the AJ-37.

The swedish Designation system is completley based on the Roles an aircraft is supposed to / capable of filling.

In the Case of the AJ-37 those roles are

Attack (primary)

Jakt (Swedish term for a Fighter) (secondary)

And after the Upgrade the AJ-37 gained a reconnaissance abillity ontop of that adding the role of

Spaning (Swedish term for reconnaissance)

Thus with the New Role it had and S added to the designation.

Thus it became the AJS.

In Comparison the JAS-39 Gripen Is Fighter First Attack Second and reconnaissance Third Giving it the Designation JAS.

And the Fighter Viggen is the JA-37 as its a Fighter First and Attack Second.

In Comparison the JAS-39 Gripen Is Fighter First Attack Second and reconnaissance Third Giving it the Designation JAS

In the case of the Gripen, the order of the letters isn't as relevant as they used to be since it is a true multi-role aircraft where one variant does everything.

But it doesnt really matter, most important is which model of F4U-1

Yes this is true. The original F4U-1 had the birdcage canopy and was not used at Iwo Jima. The later F4U-1's with the R-2800-8W engine, lengthened tail wheel strut and raised cockpit (sometimes called F4U-1A) may have seen action at Iwo but I have not seen that version listed in any OOB's for that battle. The primary Corsair version used at Iwo was the F4U-1D and I believe there were some F4U-1C's as well. The Black Sheep hints are interesting as well as that squadron didn't have a presence at Iwo Jima, they were active in the Solomons and Okinawa. This revelation actually raises more questions from me so I am still looking forward to the LNS announcement. Are we getting multiple versions of the F4U-1? Is the Iwo map a standalone map? Is there another map that will be included with the Corsair?

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

its a pointless aircraft in DCS terms. It has never seen any action, has never been exported to anyone else and has never figured in any real theater of operations.

That makes it pointless IN YOUR OPINION. A lot of people WILL DISAGREE with your opinion. :thumbup:

Those things you listed are irrelevant for most.

its a pointless aircraft in DCS terms. It has never seen any action, has never been exported to anyone else and has never figured in any real theater of operations.

Su-25T... Ka-50... Two of the most used aircraft in game and they were only really prototypes. At least the Viggen had a production run and was used for many years in service. I'm going to buy it.

• Like 2

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

its a pointless aircraft in DCS terms. It has never seen any action, has never been exported to anyone else....

Much like the Ka-50...

Except they made about 8 times as many Viggens as Ka-50s.

And the Viggen was on the front-line of the Soviet threat in the Cold War...that was a real theater of operation.

-Nick

PS - Vampyre beat me to it!

Su-25T... Ka-50... Two of the most used aircraft in game and they were only really prototypes. At least the Viggen had a production run and was used for many years in service. I'm going to buy it.

I'm also going to buy the Viggen.

The AJS is pretty much just a AJ with a slightly modernized payload, if you're asking for the interceptor variant that's the JA-37. That's pretty much a completely different aircraft from the AJ/AJS. :-)

As Previously Stated the AJS-37 is only a very minor upgrade over the AJ-37.

I meant "expand with an JA-37(?)", just a typo & too much happy excitement :megalol: Didn't know that JA is so different to the AJ.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Pointless in a combat simulator which is crying out for a decent strike aircraft. A sensible choice would have been something for the Mig-21 to defend against or protect, while the F-5e is defending against or protecting it.

• Like 1

Yes this is true. The original F4U-1 had the birdcage canopy and was not used at Iwo Jima. The later F4U-1's with the R-2800-8W engine, lengthened tail wheel strut and raised cockpit (sometimes called F4U-1A) may have seen action at Iwo but I have not seen that version listed in any OOB's for that battle. The primary Corsair version used at Iwo was the F4U-1D and I believe there were some F4U-1C's as well. The Black Sheep hints are interesting as well as that squadron didn't have a presence at Iwo Jima, they were active in the Solomons and Okinawa. This revelation actually raises more questions from me so I am still looking forward to the LNS announcement. Are we getting multiple versions of the F4U-1? Is the Iwo map a standalone map? Is there another map that will be included with the Corsair?

Interesting. Have you checked Rudel's "location" lately ? :)