>>> ServMan Server Management Mod v2 for DCS:BS v1.0.1 Released! <<<

Acedy

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After some initial testing, Acedy, I've found that works well and is very useful to establish a server remotely. :thumbup:

Something occurred to me that it might be possible to add functions would like to be able to customize some of the commands that are only for subadmin.

For example, to give any particular user to restart the command to load and missions, and leave the rest of the commands out of administration

Not if you understand the idea? :noexpression:

And a question, the possibility of lowering the height of the chat bar?, because when listing large numbers of many missions are hidden or in the case of a request " /info " does not read all the commands.

THX!:book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Playing war, and our own way, is the quickest and most direct way of leading to the cemetery, to us and to our colleagues ...

This has nothing to do with the mod, it's a BS message that appears when somebody takes a screenshot. Normally there would also be an on screen message, but I removed it. I don't know why the message was there in the first place, maybe making screenshots causes short stutters.

Ah ha...., alrightythen, thanks! I was wondering why i didn't see the screenshot message anymore, and I seen "/mybad" messages spammed a few times on the server box when there was some "cool action" going on :D

I'm glad you took it out, nice to not see that message on client side.

Hi,

I am having a problem with the script:

serverconfig.lua in the ServMan_v1_ModMan_compatible.zip files.

------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Table of sub-administrator names and passwords

-- Names/passwords cannot contain the following characters: " \ %

--[[

Format/Example:

local subadmins=

{

["BartS"] = "Ay!Caramba12",

["name"] = "password"

}

]]

local subadmins =

{

}

I cannot log into the server from another computer... as a subadmin.

I tried the example loging names and my own..

["BartS"] = "Ay!Caramba12",

["name"] = "password"

I changed the login and password and that would not work either.

I setup the server on a 2nd computer, I set the post in my rotuer. I can join the server and fly, but when I try to login it will not work. I get an error. I can call up commands not requiring an admin, or subadmin:

/examples of what I can can do:

/players /help /missions and more. I just cannot login as a subadmin after creating a login and password. '/login:****' I get an error saying 'not allowed'... 'failed login attemt'...

I use Modman 7.1.0 and ServMan_v1_ModMan_compatible.zip file. I alter the serverconfig.lua file with the login script name and password.

========

Can someone help me get the login as a subadmin on a connected computer work?

thanx..

:helpsmilie:

**I am now trying to use the Standalone version of Servman. Having the same problems and errors.

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Hey, where exactly did you insert your name and password? It should look like this:

[color=red]--[[[/color]
[color=red]Format/Example:[/color]
[color=red]local subadmins=[/color]
[color=red]{[/color]
[color=red]  ["BartS"] = "Ay!Caramba12",[/color]
[color=red]  ["name"] = "password"[/color]
[color=red]}[/color]
[color=red]]][/color]
[color=seagreen]local subadmins = [/color]
[color=seagreen]{[/color]
[color=seagreen]  ["Ramstein"] = "YourPasswordHere"[/color]
[color=seagreen]}[/color]

The upper part (red) with BartS etc. is just an example on how it should look like, if you changed that it won't do anything, because it is just a comment that Lua ignores. You have to insert your info into the green part.

Well this mod is just great !

But is it technically possible to interact with the mission with such commands, I mean activate groups or activate triggers? I know this is quite a little off-topic but I'm thinking about future "Servman v2"... :thumbup:

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

No, this is not possible atm, however I have asked Eagle if they could add API functions that notify the scripts when a trigger get's activated or overall mission scores change. This way you could easily implement a phased or branching multiplayer campaign. Personally I think this would be enough, functions to deliberately activate triggers or units aren't necessary IMO, I mean that's what you have the mission editor for. We'll see...

Well this mod is just great !

But is it technically possible to interact with the mission with such commands, I mean activate groups or activate triggers? I know this is quite a little off-topic but I'm thinking about future "Servman v2"... :thumbup:

This should come out in the patch, I believe they said they are fixing triggers. So in patch we will be able to add messages correctly when a trigger is activated. Can't wait for the patch!

Thank you,

I am still working on this...

:joystick:

so far, I tried a couple login names, and they all had failures 'invalid subadmin login attempt from Ramstein' (none had illegal characters), Again, still working on this..

]

Hey, where exactly did you insert your name and password? It should look like this:

[color=red]--[[[/color]
[color=red]Format/Example:[/color]
[color=red]local subadmins=[/color]
[color=red]{[/color]
[color=red]["BartS"] = "Ay!Caramba12",[/color]
[color=red]["name"] = "password"[/color]
[color=red]}[/color]
[color=red]]][/color]
[color=seagreen]local subadmins = [/color]
[color=seagreen]{[/color]
[color=seagreen]["Ramstein"] = "YourPasswordHere"[/color]
[color=seagreen]}[/color]

The upper part (red) with BartS etc. is just an example on how it should look like, if you changed that it won't do anything, because it is just a comment that Lua ignores. You have to insert your info into the green part.

Edited by Ramstein

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

I am still having problems with logging on and if I do get it to log on, it will not obery the commands I give like /reinit and others commands.. I am pretty sure I have not put in white spaces in the code. I use a utility 'Edit Pad Pro'.

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Please attach your serverconfig.lua and net-server-<timestamp>.log files here so I can check it myself. Plus try Notepad++ to edit the file, and make sure that you save it in ANSI or UTF-8 without BOM (if you use special characters) format.

Also, if you use Vista, check that BS has admin rights and that you/your text editor has write access to the Scripts/net folder (i.e. run it as admin as well), otherwise you may get problems with Vista's file virtualization.

I am pretty sure I have not put in white spaces in the code.

The problem are not whitespaces in the code, but in your name that you enter in Black Sharks multiplayer options menu. If you accidentally add a tab or space to your name, Black Shark will not show this ingame, but your actual name and the one specified in the serverconfig.lua file won't match, so ServMan refuses the login. Check how your net-server-<timestamp>.log file shows your name. If it contains lines like:

'1. invalid subadmin login attempt from "Ramstein    "'

(note the tab after your name) then you have to reenter your name in the options menu.

The /reinit command has to be enabled for subadmins via the "reinit_by_admin" variable, it is disabled by default.

Edited by Acedy

I use WinXP. I enabled many of the options like "reinit_by_admin" .

I will probably get those files sometime later today...

thanx..

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

here are the files to see why it's not working right..

note: I am back to using the standalone Servman server. Modman with Servman gave me more problems so I am not using that currently..

zip file is passworded for the recipient only..

:music_whistling:

04-16-09_BS_ServMan_files.zip

Edited by Ramstein

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

all fixed. see below...

I did not have problems with the IL-2 dedicated software, so I can't figure out why I can't get this script running right..

04-17-09_BS_Coop_Server_Login.thumb.jpg.3146eccf31a7f95361636091a54bfe78.jpg

Edited by Ramstein

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

You're trying to login using your name, and it's the password.

/login:password, not /login:name

To log into your subadmin account simply type /login:password, nothing more.

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

You're trying to login using your name, and it's the password.

/login:password, not /login:name

To log into your subadmin account simply type /login:password, nothing more.

thanx..

that was my problem :thumbup:

blaming the drugs I have to take.. :doh:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

One more question. In loading ' /missions ' it gives me the mission numbers.. but I have to many missions, so the screen displayers only 1/2 of the missions..

is there a way so that it shows all the missions? , or I can scroll throguh them...

example, I have 80 muliplayer missions in the folder, the screen displays #50 through #80. I cannot see all 80 missions to choose from.

Thanx..

:thumbup:

reminds me of the old Dos commands..

/list /p (P=Pause : resume) scrolling

added ' /p ' on the end of the command to display pages and to pause at each page..

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

No, atm there is no option to show pages, and the chat console does not allow scrolling. Heck what do you need so many missions for anyway?!? :)

In the Scripts/net/default.cfg file there are the following options:

chat = {
delay = 5, -- seconds to show every message
height = 10, -- height of message view in pixels
}

But afaik changing them won't do anything. Maybe there is another file somewhere that allows you to set the number of message lines displayed in the chat console, I don't know.

EDIT: Config/network.cfg contains this entry:

chat = {
height = 3,
}

Dunno if changing it has any effect.

Edited by Acedy

yes, I know to many missions,,, I removed some... but was still hoping to see them all or scroll through them...

when I go to do a /load:# I cannot see the number for all the missions.. so I have to go look in the directory and count them...

Snapshot attached..

04-18-09_BS_Server_Missions_Display_Snap1.thumb.jpg.02f3bcb7e62cd48f78a04b38b180396d.jpg

Edited by Ramstein

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI