is the Viggen useful online?

conura

The biggest problem is that mission designers in dcs consider only tanks and vehicles as targets so very few servers with troop staging areas or factories that you can obliterate. This is a situation engraved by years of only having an a10 and a ka50 to fly with and honestly makes a lot of missions feel like arcade shooting galleries.

When people actually built realistic missions the viggen is an absolute joy to obliterate targets with. It is the best antiship platform, its BK90s devastate everything they hit and the heavy mavs are good against anything.

But what matters most to me is the rush you get down low and blazing fast. NOTHING comes or will come close.....

Yeah, this is recurrent problem with most online servers. Some, where you actually have target coordinates available are of course better, but I'd say the majority of servers cater to the CAS crowd, not actual strike missions which might have strategic impacts. There are a few that do, but way too few.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Why is nobody talking about the auto generated targets? Viggen is also the only module, that have some kind of simulated intel wich lets you choose from a number of autogenerated target groups. So you really dont need to know the places of all targets before. It works good in MP also.

Why is nobody talking about the auto generated targets? Viggen is also the only module, that have some kind of simulated intel wich lets you choose from a number of autogenerated target groups. So you really dont need to know the places of all targets before. It works good in MP also.

I've never heard of this before. (Probably because I don't own the Viggen, something I will rectify before the end of the halloween sale) How does this work in practice on the multiplayer servers?

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

I've never heard of this before. (Probably because I don't own the Viggen, something I will rectify before the end of the halloween sale) How does this work in practice on the multiplayer servers?

This video shows the basics of auto generated flight plans:

Yt1NtdogDfw

I don't do multiplayer, so I'm not sure how well it works on the latest version of DCS.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Take a look at the video there, to see how it works. It works good in MP also like i said. I use it from time to time. Viggen is such a fun plane, probably my favorit plane, but it is hard on modern servers for sure. I just hope they make a AJS viggen sometime so we get a better RWR and a Radar.

Take a look at the video there, to see how it works. It works good in MP also like i said. I use it from time to time. Viggen is such a fun plane, probably my favorit plane, but it is hard on modern servers for sure. I just hope they make a AJS viggen sometime so we get a better RWR and a Radar.

Hmmmm, looks interesting yeah but what kind of weapon can you employ that destroys a group of targets in DCS like a group of tanks or whatever?? (The Maverick is not exactly a single-pass weapon) This is what interests me the most, can you use it like a fast interdiction striker? One pass with a lot of ordnance on target and then get the hell out of there?

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

... can you use it like a fast interdiction striker? One pass with a lot of ordnance on target and then get the hell out of there?

yes you can, usually using bombs or the bk-90 gliding bomb. This is a sample:

ScE09SQRc4s

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

You have the BK90 wich is a cluster bomb. And you can also drop like 16 bombs i think. You have 4 Rb75(Mavricks) And rockets, and gunpod. And also the RB 05 wich is a guided weapon you steer with a joystick, its a really fun weapon to use. But it really excels in destroying ships with the RB04 or RB15 wich is really funny to.

99% of the sever will not have exact target way points in for you...

Working on mission for our 14thVFS Samurais Public Server but not familiar with Vigen. About that target waypoints (ME) - do you need wp for every single target (in group) or just wp to group?

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Its only downside is the RWR. It takes some time to get used to ID all of the different tones :music_whistling:

The real downside is that it makes you hungry because it sounds like in a "Golden Seagull Restaurant" when everyone is waiting for their fries... cider.png

The biggest problem is that mission designers in dcs consider only tanks and vehicles as targets so very few servers with troop staging areas or factories that you can obliterate. This is a situation engraved by years of only having an a10 and a ka50 to fly with and honestly makes a lot of missions feel like arcade shooting galleries.

I do have fond memories of a time within another sim where people used to place fuel trucks inside of mission critical buildings that both would go up decently when hit and actually add to the score / count for a mission winning condition. Don't even remotely know how that could be done in DCS, even with scripting you'd need to be able to address a specific building somehow. Even there's a possibility, it's probably an utter chore to realize...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

... Don't even remotely know how that could be done in DCS, even with scripting you'd need to be able to address a specific building somehow.

A recent addition to the Mission Editor: right clicking on a scenery object brings up an "assign as" dialogue box. Opening it returns a trigger zone with "role", "value" and "object ID".

This ObjectID can be used within a script to identify when a building has been hit and optionally blow it on a huge explosion ... yes, it is not simple, but it can be done.

Working on mission for our 14thVFS Samurais Public Server but not familiar with Vigen. About that target waypoints (ME) - do you need wp for every single target (in group) or just wp to group?

wp to middle of the group is fine for most targets. that is if they are not spaced at a crazy distance from eachother

I don't do multiplayer, so I'm not sure how well it works on the latest version of DCS.

I only used the cartridge with my own waypoints so far. Tried autogenerated cartridges and they work in MP. But they are not generated for every enemy group.

There are also cartridges from ELINT (SAM recon) runs, but unfortunately they don't seem to work. Only got the default flight plan when choosing one.