Comments and questions on module

frumpy

I have tried the REV when being backcourse, but it did not work as described.

Please share a track.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 1 month later...
Also, I wonder if the 3 lights AOA indexer in the CC is shown correctly? I did not find a condition where it's turned off. I think it should turn off during flight, e.g. when the gear is raised.

Edit: I checked with other aircraft. Seems to be on during flight on most aircraft. I wonder if that's not rather a distraction than a help.

It is how it works IRL.

I don't see why AOA indication could be a distraction. To me it's a very welcome flight parameter.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

I don't see why AOA indication could be a distraction. To me it's a very welcome flight parameter.

AFAIK AoA indexer lamps are *usually* only configured for a particular aircraft configuration i.e. landing - full flaps/gear down.

The correct AoA for a landing isn't usually the "best" AoA for cruise range, endurance or even a warning for an approaching stall in other configurations (hence the separate AoA gauge).

It's therefore common for other aircraft (F-5, F-14, F/A-18, F-16, etc.) to disable their AoA indexer when in a non-landing configuration.

The L-39 has a AoA warning to help prevent smoke/fume ingestion by the engine when firing gun or rockets, perhaps the C-101CC AoA indexer gives similar info., is always on for training or it's just a C-101CC peculiarity ?

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks Ramsay.

In cockpit design it's always prudent to give the pilot only the information needed, since the performance will decrease when the pilot is overloaded.

If the AOA indexer is always on in the EB, than that's a feature of the real aircraft (and human-factor-wise of a design flaw) - that's good.

Btw., I like the new 4k cockpit, well done! :)

Speaking of the AOA: Using DCS-Bios, I am trying to export the aoa-value to

display it on an instrument. I need the raw-value of the AOA (or some 16 bit

value). I could interface the A-10 via the documented control references. I

wonder if the control references of the C101 are published for cockpit builders?

• 2 weeks later...
Speaking of the AOA: Using DCS-Bios, I am trying to export the aoa-value to

display it on an instrument. I need the raw-value of the AOA (or some 16 bit

value). I could interface the A-10 via the documented control references. I

wonder if the control references of the C101 are published for cockpit builders?

Sorry for my late answer. We will work on it later on. We are currently busy with other stuff.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

• 2 months later...