OvGME

DirtSailor

OvGME  

170 members have voted

1. 1. OvGME

• Yes
    • No

I am not sure, it looks like that persons entire github repository and accou t is gone.

I have the latest exe file, i could probably post/share it.. but i am not sure why the main github stuff is gone. It also contained the location for contacting amd getting help

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Yea kinda wishing i had a clone of the repo about now. Anyways, glad you got it, hopefully the person gets there stuff sorted and the site is updated

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is a shame that OvGME could be not supported or even vanished. It is better than JGSME ...

Hence, I am wondering now if ED should actually start to have a look in a mod manager by themselves... so that will be officially supported and also to be able to use directly the ED user files repository. Something like Steam Workshop let's say.

What do you think ED? Could this be taken in consideration?

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Nice!

you have a clone of the repo.. BUT you should note that the clone you have is from the 1.6 version, the last released version was 1.7.4 which i dont see in the repo you have, i guess it wasnt updated recently

@Abburo, i doubt DCS would take this on any time soon, and also i think most people including me would rather they focus on their primary work. however if one of them were to do it as a pet project that was then able to be rolled in.. then yea maybe...

until then, i think we, as the community should do our best to keep things like this alive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice!

you have a clone of the repo.. BUT you should note that the clone you have is from the 1.6 version, the last released version was 1.7.4 which i dont see in the repo you have, i guess it wasnt updated recently

@Abburo, i doubt DCS would take this on any time soon, and also i think most people including me would rather they focus on their primary work. however if one of them were to do it as a pet project that was then able to be rolled in.. then yea maybe...

until then, i think we, as the community should do our best to keep things like this alive

here is the 1.7.4 zip...

[ATTACH]191699[/ATTACH]

ovgme_1_7_4_setup_64.zip

• Like 1

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

Does anyone know what the code was done in ? If it’s something I know I might be able to support it.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Yea i have it, i linked to it above in post #6..

i just wanted to clarify in case someone tried to make use of that github repo that its from an older build.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Author, Sedenion is an active user.

You can send P.M. him.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Oh IM SOrry I hadn’t seen an update since I’ve been using it as I recall so I thought it was orphaned.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Author, Sedenion is an active user.

You can send P.M. him.

I have sent him a PM, i will update here if i get any response or feedback worth reporting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, i confirm I deleted my GitHub account. The full source, including binary release and all needed stuff to rebuild all are available to download at this adress (12Mo) : http://www.ovoid.org/ovgme/OvGME.zip

(binary installers are under the "redist" folder). Please, download and create mirrors, because the ovoid.org domain will also "disapear" next month.

EDIT: I can also give you my work for the OvGME's successor I never finished... You can finish it if you want, or use it to create a new appli... enjoy :

http://www.ovoid.org/ovgme/ModManager.zip

Notice to developpers: Both OvGME and its unfinisehd successor was developped for GNU g++ compiler. You will need to adapt some details to compile it using Visual Studio

Edited by sedenion

Hi, i confirm I deleted my GitHub account.... Please, download and create mirrors, because the ovoid.org domain will also "disapear" next month.

Its a pity, as I'm a grateful user of your Utility since its very beginning ... I use it twice per month (every time that DCS has an update) and it has proven to be both useful and easy to use.

Thanks a lot for allowing the community to keep mirrors of it, and thanks again for creating it on the first place ... hope your life is going well, and wish you all the best on your future projects.

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

hope your life is going well, and wish you all the best on your future projects

It's only an usual "life reboot" like I made it several time... nothing serious. When I deleted my github account, I did not expect it will produce this "artifact" :D

sedenion thanks for responding so promptly to my PM's and helping to make this available to the community to pick up.

To the community, i have downloaded both of the files, and i do have the ability to host a website. i am not a developer so i cant take ownership of the product but, i would be happy to work with anyone that needs help.. or if there is someone that has the desire and ability to pick it up and run that is great too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i will keep an eye on this thread, if i don't see anything or hear from anyone that they are going to take over at least the basic hosting of this tool and its source, then i will do my best to get something up and running for it.

Again i am not a coder so i cant actually work on it, but i can at least make sure its available and stuff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Draco depending on the laugage of the original app I might be able to help if you can get the original code

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Draco depending on the laugage of the original app I might be able to help if you can get the original code

The code was made available by its author, just a few posts prior to yours.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yea, sedenion did get it posted again, i have it downloaded and I can setup a site for it and a new github repo and whatnot, but if you want to take care of that, you are welcome too..

i just dont want it lost in the ether, its a really important tool to much of the community.

Regarding the code details, Sedenion said it "was developed for GNU g++ compiler. You will need to adapt some details to compile it using Visual Studio"

If you want to work with me on it, just PM me and we can take it offline and see what we can do. or if you think you got it covered that is cool to, just let me know so i dont waste time setting stuff up :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]