Tips and Hints

EvilBivol-1

Anyone have a detailed video or step by step proceedure to follow on rocket/ bomb employment, i can shoot off the GAR-8 no problem but i need a more detailed look into UG rockets and retarded bombs. Any help is appreciated. Not much longer now till we start fighting real MIGs

I would recommend Bunyap Sims channel on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/4023446

There are some very detailed and informative videos there.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think manual tuning works for voice comms via the main radio panel.

The only way I can get radio communications going is by using the set channels on the UHF radio.

The upper pannel with the four frequency settings is used to find a radio tower and use that for navigation, the lower panel is only presets so if the mission editor hasn't put in any frequencies then you should look up the stock freqs and run off of those, once i get home i will compile a channel freq list until we get KOREA era mission and people actually implementing the channel presets.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• 1 year later...

Howdy,

After installing the F-86 i noticed that I dont have a Livery's Folder for F-86, What have I done wrong? thanks for any help.:cry:

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

Thank you very much Buzzles.:smilewink:

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

• 4 years later...

Was just passing by in the forums and have to say the f/86 sabre and mig-15 is just 2 awsome planes with so much grit and spirit. Dogfighting AI migs or sabres in VR are so beutiful. Hope there will be more modules from 50-60-70s.

• 11 months later...
On 10/21/2020 at 7:55 PM, Bob1 said:

Was just passing by in the forums and have to say the f/86 sabre and mig-15 is just 2 awsome planes with so much grit and spirit. Dogfighting AI migs or sabres in VR are so beutiful. Hope there will be more modules from 50-60-70s.

I concur..

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2021 at 9:08 AM, Glide said:

If you want to go sightseeing this is your bird.  Quiet ride, great range, handles great in the canyons, no nags.  Great flight model!

And you can put the top down at low speed!

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

• 2 years later...

In the manual you can read:"6.4.2. Special Store (not simulated) In the real aircraft, a special store could be carried under the left wing. The special store could be monitored with a control panel on the left console, outboard of the throttle. Also, a mechanical jettison handle was located below the instrument panel to the left of the Center Pedestal (a non-functional jettison handle can be found in the simulation)."

What is a special store? Just for everything one store more?

Also what is written under the Bomb-Target-Wind knob?null

image.png

Also why wont the sabre restart after a second run of the engine? I encounter that the engine is non responsive (0%RPM) after I once started the turbine and then took the engine off again.

Edited by FlyingCoffin

1 hour ago, FlyingCoffin said:

In the manual you can read:"6.4.2. Special Store (not simulated) In the real aircraft, a special store could be carried under the left wing. The special store could be monitored with a control panel on the left console, outboard of the throttle. Also, a mechanical jettison handle was located below the instrument panel to the left of the Center Pedestal (a non-functional jettison handle can be found in the simulation)."

What is a special store?

Also what is written under the Bomb-Target-Wind knob?null

image.png

Also why wont the sabre restart after a second run of the engine? I encounter that the engine is non responsive (0%RPM) after I once started the turbine and then took the engine off again.

Special stores are nukes

Rocket

• Like 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

• 2 weeks later...