online tactics

concrete

OK, so what tactic should this be ?

Mass launch of AIM-120s ?

The last missile fired doesn't have a much better kill probability than the first one.

All fired in a very short time, almost same distance and angle... most of them wasted !

If the first hits, it would have been enough.

If the SU-33 jockey manages to escape the first one, he likely will evade all others too.

Beside this: The ET entering from the lower right corner of the picture may result in a blue-on-blue (or red-on-red in this case) kill. The Su-33 is in between the shooter and the enemy F-15C.

concrete, would you explain the meaning of posting this picture ?

Edited by golfsierra2

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Dear Leutinant 141st_Kanuni,

The US taxpayers wish to thank you for spamming a million dollars worth of hardware over the Georgian countryside. As a government official who is in bed with the mitary-indusrial establishment I want to add, "Keep up the good work!"

Donald Rumsfeld, SecDef

• Like 1

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

He probabaly missed all those in 1 go as well, then was left unarmed and got killed, right? :)

Nothing wrong with spamming considering how low PK the 120 has and how vulnerable the launcher gets afterwards.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

sorry, working/holiday, etc.

@MoGas

well, server is 169th (date:01-09-2009)

He probabaly missed all those in 1 go as well, then was left unarmed and got killed, right? :)
unfortunately "cocrete'' was killed in that fight...:mad: to low :pilotfly:, E27ER and ET hit mountain :doh:,

i am not very proud, :blush: , my shame... ,i think: first AIM120 hit me...

to justify my shame: that was first day with my new jostic :book:

@golfsierra2

nice point

concrete, would you explain the meaning of posting this picture ?
well, everything and nothing...

1.@pilotasso and @ericinexile - good point

2.my death good point :huh:

3. many, many @#$% related for online play...

(i love to kill with R27 R/ER, i makes me look better when i see myself in mirror :worthy: )

(i love to watch myself on tacview kiling with one R27 R/ER (one or two), and escaping AIM120's :harhar: )

Edited by concrete

• 4 months later...

I believe reason for lanuching so many 120's in short interval is because when someone gets active missile warning he'll normally try to evade it by the last second high G pull or roll and it will work, but then he'll think he evaded that missile and just as he eases on the stick... baam... one of the last missiles fired will hit.

Still I don't like this "tactics" being used as it's very "cheap" and low/lack of skill from the guy firing even if it does score him a kill.

No longer active in DCS...

I see this thread is rather old but I'll say it anyway...

@ Concrete

Whether you agree or disagree with the tactic of spamming missiles, it is possible to do in Lock On. Since it is possible to do it is not in any way cheating or wrong. Yes, people have differing opinions on spamming but there is nothing stopping you from doing it in LO.

Posting a screen shoot that displays the names of other online players doing something other than cheating just because you don't agree with it, in my opinion shows very poor taste.