Thank you for the "Wrath of Thunder" Campaign

Istari6

Many thanks to Heatblur for the awesome "Wrath of Thunder" campaign!

I just completed it last night, and it was one of the best scripted campaigns I've experienced, going back to the days of F-19 Stealth Fighter and Falcon 3.0.

What's particularly appreciated is the emphasis on realism. I don't want to give away any spoilers for folks who haven't played it yet, but the missions "feel real" in what they ask of an AJS-37 Viggen in 1994. They require careful study of the Viggen and cover a wide range of skills and weapons. Yet none of the missions felt like puzzles, nor did they veer into Hollywood drama where you're forced to "save the day" for the entire Coalition through individual heroics.

I've been so impressed by the Viggen overall and this campaign in particular that 5 min ago I just purchased the F-14 Tomcat. I was planning to wait for the A model and a sale, but this is a concrete way of saying thanks to the Heatblur team.

For those who haven't played through the campaigns, I've had a great experience following this order:

1. All Training missions for Viggen

2. Instant Action missions

3. Red Flag 16-2

4. Mjolnir Response

5. Wrath of Thunder

Looking forward to diving into the F-14A soon!

Edited by Istari6

• 1 month later...

I also did like those two campaigns very much (and the red flag one). Now I need to spice it up so I am turning the whole Mjolnir campaign missions to low vis/bad weather conditions and see how far I can go in fulfilling the missions.

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,