TAD for DCS F-15C

ergn

Thank you ergn!

Can you add "save window position" option, so we don't have to move and re-size every time we launch the sim?

Also, if possible at all, to use some hot-key to change scale, since moving the mouse cursor out of focus on multi monitor causes issues with in game view.

Thanks again!

Callsign   SETUP

Thank you ergn!

Can you add "save window position" option, so we don't have to move and re-size every time we launch the sim?

Also, if possible at all, to use some hot-key to change scale, since moving the mouse cursor out of focus on multi monitor causes issues with in game view.

Thanks again!

Hi,

Saving window position is in my plan, I am going to implement once I have time.

I thought about a key event for changing scale, but it is not as trivial as it seems. In pure java capturing key events when out-of-focus is not possible (source). It is possible with native libraries and keyboard hooks, but it is bad for portability and keyboard hooks are perceived as potentially harmful software :).

Another solution is to capture key events in the simulation and send commands to the TAD application, but export scripts only receive commands, they don't expose user input.

Thanks for your feedback.

By the way, if anyone interested, you are welcome to contribute to the github project.

Export file issue

Ergn

I am trying to run your program on the PC only and have not been able to do so. Below is what I think is the problem. I do not know lua, but I stuck your single line export at the end of my Export file which is over 1500 lines. The "ends" are confusing to me so below is the last several lines of my export file with your line added. Did I do it correct?

end

end

end

local dcstadlsf=require('lfs');dofile(dcstadlsf.writedir()..'Scripts/dcstad.lua')

end

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Ergn

I am trying to run your program on the PC only and have not been able to do so. Below is what I think is the problem. I do not know lua, but I stuck your single line export at the end of my Export file which is over 1500 lines. The "ends" are confusing to me so below is the last several lines of my export file with your line added. Did I do it correct?

end

end

end

local dcstadlsf=require('lfs');dofile(dcstadlsf.writedir()..'Scripts/dcstad.lua')

end

The line should be after every "end" word (or anything). So just to be sure, move the line to the very end of the file.

To test the program alone (without any other export scripts), backup your Export.lua, delete everything in it except the line starting with " local dcstadlsf="

Ergn

I put the line at the very end and it didn't work. The scale remained in red and didn't go green.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Update

UPDATE. I did as you requested and put the single line as the sole line in export.lua and it worked.

So I am attaching my complete export file.

Export.lua

UPDATE. I did as you requested and put the single line as the sole line in export.lua and it worked.

So I am attaching my complete export file.

I did not test your Export script myself in simulation yet, but your file has an extra end at the end of the code.

change

ProcessLowImportance =  ProcessNoLowImportance
  end

end  

end

end

with

ProcessLowImportance =  ProcessNoLowImportance
  end

end  

end

If it still fails, you may also want to test your export script without the dcstad script. (Remove " local dcstadlsf=require ... " line and test if your export scripts work.

This is some good work there!

Though I feel that a bullseye inclusion would be even more fantastic. There was another one of these a little while back that did it with the bullseye so I know it's possible.

Thanks for the feedback.

I want bullseye too, but it is not simply available in the export API. The solutions I have seen take coordinates as user input. Luckily, in my campaign, the bullseye is always on one of the waypoints :D.

ergn,

I appreciate your help getting things working and also thank you for creating this, do you have any suggestions to help those of us flying aircraft that wont allow us to cycle way points? Im not even worried about the whole flight plan, even just my start point would be helpful.

Thanks

Jay

ergn,

I appreciate your help getting things working and also thank you for creating this, do you have any suggestions to help those of us flying aircraft that wont allow us to cycle way points? Im not even worried about the whole flight plan, even just my start point would be helpful.

Thanks

Jay

Thanks a lot.

The problem may not be the ability to cycle waypoints. I think the export API used in this package for getting waypoints only works for lockon series aircraft.

When I play black shark or A10C, I only see allied aircraft and no waypoints.

If you see a waypoint "0" in the beginning, then it is possible to cycle and display waypoints. If there is no waypoint "0", that means the export API does not give waypoints for that module. In that case, I can add a waypoint as the initial position of the aircraft in the display. I will update the package when I have free time.

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing work! Quick question though, do you have to have DCS running in a window for it to be on top? I tried fullscreen, and DCS was on top of it...

NEVERMIND! I just used the binaries.

Is there any plan to make it so bogies will show up when you bug them in the VSD? Maybe even a MIDS connection?? :)

Edited by Wrench

Also, is it possible to have this start the servertwhen executing the jar? That wayI can start this, TrackIR, and DCS with one batch file. I can start the server, but I still have to right click and select 'start server' manually.

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the TAD.

Auto starting components is easy. There is also another request about saving window position and size. My plan is to save running components, window sizes and restore at the next launch.

To display the bugged target, I have to check some lua api examples to interact with avionics, but I know it is possible.

I am not actively playing for a couple of weeks. I can only send a new version once I start playing again and test the changes.

Unfortunately, same here. Never got it to work.

• 1 month later...
I might sound stupid but I can't understand how to installed that mod on my PC

o7

Unfortunately, same here. Never got it to work.

Which part exactly is ambiguous? If you followed the github link, ignore it. Just use the archive file and included readme file in "user files" link.

Any guesses as to when you might be able to resume development? I'm really looking forward to the new features.

I want to come back too, but unfortunately my PhD progress presentation is closing and I have to do some work to present :). I will resume development next month.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to try this out but the instructions are incomplete. What am I supposed to do with the pc folder? Or the .DS_Store files?

From the shadows of war's past a demon of the air rises from the grave.

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"