Kneeboard Builder (windows app) - Page 15 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-24-2014, 07:59 PM   #141
icemaker

Thanks mate! Works fine!

Do you think it could be possible to create a datacard with all infos from mission like loadout and airbase data, expected air defenses and so on?
icemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:56 PM   #142
Iku64

I use square kneeboard (size 1200x1200) and I want to have all pictures as big they can be. I just maded groups from Mapple Flags TAC missions and I did for them white space remove with Irfanview but after that I checked that ghostscript could do that too.
Can you add posibility to crop white space out of png's which are made from pdf with ghostscript. I checked that ghostscript has that option. I'm not sure which is best for it but it could be some of these..

-dPDFFitPage
Rather than selecting a PageSize given by the PDF MediaBox, BleedBox (see -dUseBleedBox), TrimBox (see -dUseTrimBox), ArtBox (see -dUseArtBox), or CropBox (see -dUseCropBox), the PDF file will be scaled to fit the current device page size (usually the default page size). This is useful for creating fixed size images of PDF files that may have a variety of page sizes, for example thumbnail images. This option is also set by the -dFitPage option.

-dUseBleedBox
-dUseTrimBox
-dUseArtBox

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit
Iku64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:54 PM   #143
AlaskanGrizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemaker View Post
Do you think it could be possible to create a datacard with all infos from mission like loadout and airbase data, expected air defenses and so on?
That is certainly possible. It will take some time to figure out, but I will take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iku64 View Post
Can you add posibility to crop white space out of png's which are made from pdf with ghostscript. I checked that ghostscript has that option. I'm not sure which is best for it but it could be some of these..

-dPDFFitPage
Rather than selecting a PageSize given by the PDF MediaBox, BleedBox (see -dUseBleedBox), TrimBox (see -dUseTrimBox), ArtBox (see -dUseArtBox), or CropBox (see -dUseCropBox), the PDF file will be scaled to fit the current device page size (usually the default page size). This is useful for creating fixed size images of PDF files that may have a variety of page sizes, for example thumbnail images. This option is also set by the -dFitPage option.

-dUseBleedBox
-dUseTrimBox
-dUseArtBox
I'll take a look at it and see if I can include that feature.
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:16 PM   #144
JayPee

Is it possible to place the manually unpacked files of the Ghostscript installer into the root of the Kneeboard Builder so we can use the KB without actually installing GS?

The GS installer (like so many) can simply be unpacked with 7-Zip so that won't be problem.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:43 PM   #145
DArt
3rd Party Developer

Very nice work! Very useful! Thanks for the work!

I love the dynamic pages, but seem not to work (no tasks/weather), radios and beacons works. My DCS is in french, perhaps that it is the reason, have you some tips to give me to debug it?

Two questions:

- Is it possible to have a menu for fast access? (I think no, but well.. )
- Is it possible to change the kneeboard dynamically during mission? (I have some ideas with LotAtc around that)

Thanks again!
Old 01-03-2015, 10:46 AM   #146
AlaskanGrizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPee View Post
Is it possible to place the manually unpacked files of the Ghostscript installer into the root of the Kneeboard Builder so we can use the KB without actually installing GS?

The GS installer (like so many) can simply be unpacked with 7-Zip so that won't be problem.

Sorry for the late reply. I will try to add that functionality when I finish some other projects I am working on.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #147
AlaskanGrizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DArt View Post
- Is it possible to have a menu for fast access? (I think no, but well.. )
- Is it possible to change the kneeboard dynamically during mission? (I have some ideas with LotAtc around that)
Unfortunately no for both. The kneeboard appears to be loaded into C++ code right when you first enter the cockpit of an aircraft and cannot be modified via lua while you are playing that aircraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DArt View Post
I love the dynamic pages, but seem not to work (no tasks/weather), radios and beacons works. My DCS is in french, perhaps that it is the reason, have you some tips to give me to debug it?
Is the data not populating the mission kneeboards (tasks / weather) or are they appearing as a black battery image?

You can also look in Saved Games/DCS/Logs/DCS.log after you mission and see if there are any errors being thrown from the dynamic kneeboards.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:44 PM   #148
duko

Hi,

I try to launch this app but nothing happens. I have the latest version.

Win 8.1
duko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:54 PM   #149
AlaskanGrizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by duko View Post
I try to launch this app but nothing happens. I have the latest version.
Two things to try:

1) Don't run as an administrator

2) It might be hanging when trying to auto update. To disable auto update try opening the 'KneeboardBuilder.exe.Config' file with a text or xml editor and add these lines inside the configuration section right above the startup section:

<appSettings>
<add key="AllowUpdate" value="False" />
</appSettings>
Old 01-10-2015, 04:23 PM   #150
duko

sadly it did not worked
duko is offline   Reply With Quote