2020 Chinese New Year Mini Update

uboats

Just out of curiosity, would Deka at any point in the future consider making maps?

I'm pretty sure they will consider it and probably already have. However considering is one thing and actually creating it is another matter. Who knows what will happen in the future. Might not do it today but maybe in 2 years or maybe never. Time will tell.

I'd certainly buy the Tu-16 or the Il-28, but I don't think they could become really successful modules.

MiG-25PD on the other hand : Spectacular aircraft, famous, Mach 3, afterburner that can be seen from 100 km, no digital displays... That just cannot go wrong :)

The best choice : MIG-21 BISON

Just a small effort :) for the MFD-55.

Nope. You need to read the original post, here is what they said:

"

Unfortunately, most members of our team now suffer from Big-MFCD PTSD, internally, we decide not to make a class cockpit module next;

externally, we want to choose an aircraft with unique design; regarding type, fighter would become lowest priority.

"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Nope. You need to read the original post, here is what they said:

"

Unfortunately, most members of our team now suffer from Big-MFCD PTSD, internally, we decide not to make a class cockpit module next;

externally, we want to choose an aircraft with unique design; regarding type, fighter would become lowest priority.

"

And ?

Mig-21 bison has no glass cockpit, no big MFCD, has a unique design, and for "fighter to be lowest priority", that doesn't means no fighter at all.

Documention would not be too hard to obtain.

This bird is more attracting, has more possibilties than those in the list, and would sell better

But that's just my opinion, and i give it :)

Edited by sylkhan

You've got a half glass cockpit, in a fighter, in an airframe- that isn't unique considering we already have a mig21.

The bison would perhaps be a good mod, the way someone else is working a f-20 tigershark, but it doesn't match the criteria OP gave it. As to how well it would sell could go either way. It may be a hard sell for people who already own the mig21

We've all got our opinions, and I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but just pointing out it's unlikely considering what's been said already

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

May I request the SU-22\SU-17 You guys did such an awesome job on the JF-17, I know you would do I justice. I hope you focus on “red air” and somewhat obscure aircraft. Unless you want to d an F-100 at some point. But a supersonic Soviet mud mover would be really sweet. Honestly it doesn’t matter, I’ll buy whatever you make.

Q-5, Su-22, or if possible JH-7 are all great possibilities in my opinion! :)

Though, failing those, I wouldn't say no to MiG-25 or Su-15.

Edit: Or Lightning, or Jaguar...

I'd love to get Su-17/22 M4 in game since there are no soviet strike aircraft in game.

But, if " russian bomber manuals are hard to find" ...

And they don't want to do another "fighter"

I'd rather see a JH-7 than a Q-5, seems more relevant for DCS, but part of the problem with Chinese aircraft is that they weren't really all that well exported aside from Pakistan and a few other countries depending on the type of A/C. And the JH-7 might be too "new". Or A J-8II could be cool china wise.

As for U-boats other list, I'd love to see an EE litening, or Mig25 in game too. But I think the cold war lineup would really benefit from strike fighters a Su-17/22 on the east side and something like the Jaaag for the euro/west. And we already have a fair number of cold war fighters on the upcoming plane lineup (F4, mig23, Mirage F1, sea harrier).

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

A Chinese helo would be unique, not a fighter, and likely not have a glass cockpit...I doubt that's what they're considering, but fits the criteria they gave :shrug:

System:

A Chinese helo would be unique, not a fighter, and likely not have a glass cockpit...I doubt that's what they're considering, but fits the criteria they gave :shrug:

Yeah, but is there really an iconic chinese helo?

I'd much rather see more dedicated strike aircraft in game. We have dedicated fighters, and multirole fighters, but not much on the clicky strike side (CAS is its own thing IMO).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Most are copies licensed and otherwise. I just love the idea of something completely different with the tu-16. I know a lot of people wouldn't be thrilled but i think enough would get it. Otherwise Id say a Q-5 for a read striker. Su-17 or 22 would work too but I didn't see that in uboats options.

A Z-5 would piss me off only because its so similar to an obscure helicopter I really want but it isn't it. The H-19, my grandfather flew them in Korea and I have 70 hours in them.

Which is what, the h-19? If it's obscure, wouldn't that make it less likely for it to ever see light of day? And if so, couldn't that be "close enough" to be happy with? I'm sure z-5 would have a English pit, so a h-19 could be just a reskin away

System:

Harbin Z-5 confirmed

It is? Where/when was that? Considering all the operators of the z-5/ mi-4/ h-19 , this airframe would be useful on pretty much every map we have or the maps in progress (except the ww2 ones)

Awesome news if it's coming

System:

Which is what, the h-19? If it's obscure, wouldn't that make it less likely for it to ever see light of day? And if so, couldn't that be "close enough" to be happy with? I'm sure z-5 would have a English pit, so a h-19 could be just a reskin away

Yea it would probably never happen anyway... And I'd definitely buy and love the Z-5. But it's just like damn... So close but so far.