SUNTSAG - Lockdown Mods/Liveries Collection (New and Revised)

SUNTSAG

Hi Aureliuz,

The mod no longer works with the latest update in any case.

My information is that the SCUD-B has a range of 600km and that is what I have approximated in the lua. It is the SCUD-A to my knowledge that has the range of 300km. Cheers.

Thx for informing.. will u restore your mods for the actual version? Hope so!

SCUD - Range.. yep.. like u have changed in the .lua it should be about 600 km.. BUT it works "just" about to 300km until the rocket exploses. Wasnt able to find any mistake in the .lua. :joystick:

Thx for informing.. will u restore your mods for the actual version? Hope so!

SCUD - Range.. yep.. like u have changed in the .lua it should be about 600 km.. BUT it works "just" about to 300km until the rocket exploses. Wasnt able to find any mistake in the .lua. :joystick:

If you want to launch to it's maximum range then in the latest working version:

Change line 27 from 172.0 to 9200.0

Cheers.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you want to launch to it's maximum range then in the latest working version:

Change line 27 from 172.0 to 9200.0

Cheers.

Found this on Wiki

Mass 4,400 kg (9,700 lb) Scud A

5,900 kg (13,000 lb) Scud B

6,400 kg (14,100 lb) Scud C

6,500 kg (14,300 lb) Scud D

Length 11.25 m (36.9 ft)

Diameter 0.88 m (2 ft 11 in)

Warhead Conventional high-explosive, Fragmentation, Nuclear 5 to 80 kiloton, Chemical VX warhead

Engine Single-stage liquid-fuel

Operational

range

180 km (110 mi) Scud A

300 km (190 mi) Scud B

600 km (370 mi) Scud C

700 km (430 mi) Scud D

Maximum speed Mach 5, 1.7 km/s (1.1 mi/s)

Guidance

system

inertial guidance, Scud-D adds DSMAC terminal guidance

Accuracy 3,000 m (9,800 ft) Scud A

450 m (1,480 ft) Scud B

700 m (2,300 ft) Scud C

50 m (160 ft) Scud D

Testing here has found the current range to be around 160/165 miles (262ish KM?)

So we should be around 190 miles as indicated by Wiki maybe ?? does the 172 represent Miles btw ?

Line 27

t_marsh = 250.0

and

Line 223

GT.ThreatRange = 355000.0; (gives it the 190 mile /300km outer threat range circle scale)

Gives an almost inch perfect range of 190 miles for the record, that's if anyone wants to turn the range out to the 300km that Wiki claim for the B model.

Is there an accuracy variable in there as well Suntsag ??? I included the radius in the fire at point but it seems pretty much bang on every time I have watched ? maybe just a bigger radius in the fire at point location ?

Edited by Phantom_Mark

Line 27

t_marsh = 250.0

and

Line 223

GT.ThreatRange = 355000.0; (gives it the 190 mile /300km outer threat range circle scale)

Gives an almost inch perfect range of 190 miles for the record, that's if anyone wants to turn the range out to the 300km that Wiki claim for the B model.

Thx for informing us!:smartass:

This is so great! Thanks for the mod. I notice that sometimes the SCUD reloading vehicle don't do the work and the SCUD launcher never get reloaded after first shoot. Is like random here. Followed the instructions video. Maybe is that I'm launching it manually not setting the target zone previously at editor?

This is so great! Thanks for the mod. I notice that sometimes the SCUD reloading vehicle don't do the work and the SCUD launcher never get reloaded after first shoot. Is like random here. Followed the instructions video. Maybe is that I'm launching it manually not setting the target zone previously at editor?

Hi Fercyful,

There is a completely different and slightly more convolute process to rearming the launcher when using it in CA, for the first missile launch. I guess it is more realistic from process perspective and I will try and create a "HOW TO" video to reflect this method. Cheers.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Fercyful,

There is a completely different and slightly more convolute process to rearming the launcher when using it in CA, for the first missile launch. I guess it is more realistic from process perspective and I will try and create a "HOW TO" video to reflect this method. Cheers.

Hola SUNTSAG!

Many thanks for the tutorial video :thumbup: All clear now :smartass: Really appreciate it.

I did a small change in the ScudLauncher.lua file for a more "nuclear" punch for the warhead. Really don't know much about modding but tried and the result was fun and quite explosive :lol:

warhead =

{

mass = 1000985;

expl_mass = 1000975;

other_factors = {1, 1, 1};

obj_factors = {1, 1};

concrete_factors = {1, 1, 1};

cumulative_factor = 0;

concrete_obj_factor = 0.5;

cumulative_thickness = 0.6;

piercing_mass = 1000987.0;

caliber = 1000880,

I notice a little bug in the reloading support vehicle, when you drive it in CA the front wheels point the opposite way of the actual turning. Maybe is a bug of DCS and not of you amazing mod. The launcher wheels are perfect.

Thanks again for your great support and is time to launch some modified SCUDs :joystick:

chau!!

I notice a little bug in the reloading support vehicle, when you drive it in CA the front wheels point the opposite way of the actual turning. Maybe is a bug of DCS and not of you amazing mod. The launcher wheels are perfect.

Thanks again for your great support and is time to launch some modified SCUDs :joystick:

chau!!

No worries....my pleasure.

It's not a bug its an issue with EDs model and the animations. They have reversed the argument for the steering hence why it actually works in reverse. ED will have to correct that when they are ready at some point to actually release the model themselves.

Consider the mod giving you EA to something in the pipeline.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No worries....my pleasure.

It's not a bug its an issue with EDs model and the animations. They have reversed the argument for the steering hence why it actually works in reverse. ED will have to correct that when they are ready at some point to actually release the model themselves.

Consider the mod giving you EA to something in the pipeline.

Thanks again for the extra information. Totally understand and like I thought it was ED "fault" :music_whistling:

This is an amazing EA ! :thumbup:

Will watch your next video now :book:

Hello, I try scud B mod, thanks for all but I don't hear sound ? No sound ?

There are sounds and they are all generated from your DCS Install. I have not added anything additional from a sound perspective and everything is working fine here.

No one else has reported an issue of this nature, I therefore presume all is well with sounds. None of the people whom tested this prior to release reported a lack of sound either.

Only 2 suggestions spring to mind:

1. You have another mod that is impacting this one.

2. A repair on your DCS install might be in order as sound files might be missing from it.

Cheers

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello, Thanks for reply, after verification no problem on my computer. I tested that and compare with mersh rockets:
and the real sounds from real scud here :

So the sounds are there it's just you feel they are not loud enough! Your messages suggested there was no sound at all.

Talk to ED the sound files associated with this weapon are theirs and perhaps it is something they are working on already as the SCUD-B is not complete as yet. Cheers

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry but can you tell me how to put it in ovgsme?

Hi which mod do you mean there are a number here. Only a small few need OvGME the rest are saved games compatible which makes them IC friendly. None of these mods break IC at all.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Suntsag,

I have downloaded your Glass Cockpit Modification for the Spitfire:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A9_...ew?usp=sharing

I see that you have added a Spitfire - Enhanced Sight(JSGME) that modifies the Spitfires reticle and that you have used a slightly modified version of the base map of my Spitfire HD Gunsight mod.

I understand that my mods run under:

License: Freeware - Free version, Unlimited distribution

So there is no problem to redistribute or include them in any other individuals mod pack.

I do not care about you modifying it to suit your own needs/taste but, to be honest, it feels a bit sad not to be credited. Especially understanding that you did like my little mod somehow :[

Best

Hi Grajo,

Yes I did try out your mod originally including the sight. I went through many many options getting the effect I settled on here in this modification. So many variations in fact that I don't recall if adapting your original offering was part of the final product.....and I still don't now.

As you are aware the end result of any mod goes through many variations on a theme prior to settling on what is felt to be the ideal.

As I do not know 100% that your initial offering (SIGHT ELEMENT ONLY) was not adapted I will amend the text of post 2 to reflect crediting you. Cheers.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]