Throttles different post patch?

fmedges

Thank god I'm not stupid. The same here.

I always come in way too low into the groove, but my muscle memory's doing exactly what it did on a thousand approaches in Bankler's mission. Something feels different. During the final turn, she´s dropping a lot faster. Have to work the throttles a lot more. Hard to describe.

Edited by Airbusjoerg

Best regards

Jörg

I can also affirm that the hornet is different now, at least the throttle.

I wasn't really good before, but now the carrier landings are horrible.

Could it be, that shes accelerating/decelerating faster than before?

Ryzen 2700X, 32GByte RAM, GeForce 1080Ti, TrackIR

Nothing seems changed in the flight model. They did however change the curves.

I had my curves so that when I'm at the detent on my warthog I'm on the in-game detent according to the in game control indicator. Now if I'm in the same position it indicates I'm past the detent and the afterburner are already on.

Nothing seems changed in the flight model. They did however change the curves.

I had my curves so that when I'm at the detent on my warthog I'm on the in-game detent according to the in game control indicator. Now if I'm in the same position it indicates I'm past the detent and the afterburner are already on.

My warthog is at 100% exactly at the detent

All my axis and curves are the same as before the update.

My bug feels (to me) far more twitchy than before, in a really good way.

Control surface and throttle changes seem (to me) far more responsive.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

I thought I was going a bit mad, I found it very “floating” feeling the pattern today, I will go and check the curves first, thanks

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Before the update my afterburner kick in just after my detent on Warthog throttle, now is a bit after my detent.

I feel too my Hornet more twitchy, at least at landing config, an the engone looks to have way less lag

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

ok so i just tested this, my throttle curves are still good, in the sense that power starts where it should moves into AB when it should etc... so i must still be going mad... or something else changed

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

are you guys by any chance referring to the new SC CASE I mission? cause i just tried bankler's v5.2.0, and it doesn't feel that much different than before. even after editing it to replace the stennis with the SC.

the SC CASE I mission DOES feel a lot different, and i am starting to think it's because it has wind shifting from 30kt at 1600ft down to 15kt at see-level, where bankler's has NO wind at all...

Before the update my afterburner kick in just after my detent on Warthog throttle, now is a bit after my detent.

I feel too my Hornet more twitchy, at least at landing config, an the engone looks to have way less lag

So the only difference is "just" vs "a bit" after? :smartass: