TGP Undesignate with AGM-65

kjsf18747

I have noticed that after using tdc depress with the tgp to create a target location, pushing undesignate resets the tgp to boresight as if I had pushed the cage/uncage button. Is there a way to undesignate the tdc target but keep the tgp in its existing location? I was wondering because I have found that after switching stations for a maverick to slew its sensor to the target location you have to first undesignate and create a new target location with that maverick selected.

Thanks,

Kevin

According to ED no: Cage/uncage will boresight the flir, undesignate will put it in snow plow.

Of course it seems dubious, considering that to pilots wouldn't be able to bda their TOO jdam targets because they would have to undes the flir before hand.but hey, who am I to argue with EDs documents.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Re: Mavs you shouldn't have to undesignate the pod. I routinely pickle 4 MAVFs in one pass. The trick is to switch soi to mav page and uncage it after you've designated the first target with the TGP.

After that you should be able to switch SOI back to the pod and simply designate the next target and pickle. No need to use undesignate during the process.

I have a feeling the pod might be a little bit off but ED is saying itll hopefully be done by the end of the month.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Edited by Darcwaynard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Thanks, I will give that a shot. I was noticing this kind of behavior with the agm65e too however. I would designate a target and the laser seeker would snap to that location. After firing that mav and coming around for another pass, I would use the tgp to set a new target and the seeker would not snap to the target like it did the first time, and using the uncage switch just causes it to start its search pattern. Then the only way I could find to get it to slew to the tgp was to undesignate and redesignate that target. Was I doing something wrong that would cause this to happen as pretty much the same thing was happening with the agm55f?

Kevin

Ah yeah in the case of MAV-E I was having the same issue. I usually ended up having to cycle the laser on and off a few times, cage and uncage the mav until it finds the laser. The result was having too many botched passes so I have put echos on the shelf for a while.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

I have found if the laser code is not on the DDI page, the Maverick will not track for some unknown reason. Not sure if it’s a bug or not. Just make sure you see it and you should be good to go.

What do you mean by laser code on the DDI page?

Thanks

I had issues with the 65E a couple of days ago, it wouldn't find my laser, I tried to cage/uncage 4 times, switch the laser off and on again, designate the target again, nothing. I was using 1588, which is a valid code and I had set it up correctly for both the TGP and the missile. Switched to the default 1688 and it worked immediately..

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I had issues with the 65E a couple of days ago, it wouldn't find my laser, I tried to cage/uncage 4 times, switch the laser off and on again, designate the target again, nothing. I was using 1588, which is a valid code and I had set it up correctly for both the TGP and the missile. Switched to the default 1688 and it worked immediately..

hmm I wonder if the act of changing freq is what did it? or the mav is only liking the default code?

I'm also having massive issues with the E. cool down mav, mav on ddi, go to tgp, designate target, fire laser (laser code confirmed same on laser and mav) mav ddi soi, IN RNG, uncage, it searches... and searches... and searches... never does find the laser spot. Aircraft is aligned, I'll even fly directly at target so the "arrow" is passing right by where the target is.

I have also been having issues with the AGM65E with TGP with the same issues like you, such as having to cage/uncage numerous times. Most of the time I just can’t even lock up to the TGP, even though correct UFC code is entered and the Trigger and LTD/R designated.

One thing I have discovered in my testing is that if I have a mixed load out and successfully fire a AGM65F first, followed by a AGM65E, I will almost certainly not able to lock up and fire the AGM65E. However, if I have a AGM65E load out only, I tend to have 75% chance of successfully firing the AGM65E. Usually the first AGM65E locks up and fires flawlessly. I usually encounter issues after the first MavE.

My questions are do others have a similar issue, and is it a bug? If not, what are the engagements constraints of the AGM65E or TGP that prevent the correct deployment of the TGP and AGM65E?

One thing I have discovered in my testing is that if I have a mixed load out and successfully fire a AGM65F first, followed by a AGM65E, I will almost certainly not able to lock up and fire the AGM65E. However, if I have a AGM65E load out only, I tend to have 75% chance of successfully firing the AGM65E. Usually the first AGM65E locks up and fires flawlessly. I usually encounter issues after the first MavE.

Interesting, that's what happened to me as well. I had fired an AGM-65F just before. It seems like changing the laser code eventually "snapped it out of it" and it finally worked. I usually don't carry a mix of E and F, so I hadn't noticed it before.

As for firing more than one E, same. The first one works like a charm and after that, sometimes I'll have issues. Usually they're solved easily, just a cage/uncage or something like that though. The above time was the only one that I just couldn't get it to work for multiple passes.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Interesting, that's what happened to me as well. I had fired an AGM-65F just before. It seems like changing the laser code eventually "snapped it out of it" and it finally worked. I usually don't carry a mix of E and F, so I hadn't noticed it before.

Thanks, I feel much better now knowing it’s not just me. I will try changing the laser code and hope it’s addressed in the next update.

I usually don”t have a mix when I do missions but this is a self created mission with the Hornet fully loaded so I can practise if I am away from Hornet for too long.

Been trying to capture a track all night but as luck would have it, it worked every single time! Been through the mission like 6 times and worked every time, I will have to keep trying over the next few nights to get a track that captures the bug.