DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Now I'm hoping it will be delayed so all the folks announcing their leaving will actually go :cheer3nc:

ED doesn't use a recurring revenue model, so I'm thinking nobody will notice. Maybe a little quieter on the boards, and possibly a little more civil and pleasant.

I'm still trying to figure out how that's even a threat. More like a petulant tantrum.

If SC is delayed that's just more time before some AI LSO tells me I suck. I might stick to the Stennis/Vinson for that reason alone!

I'd hate to find out what happens when I miss some yellow-shirt's directions...suddenly find Air Force recruiting posters on my rack...

I'd hate to find out what happens when I miss some yellow-shirt's directions...suddenly find Air Force recruiting posters on my rack...

Nope, it will be the number for that Truck Driving School.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Honestly, I did preorder it et all but I'd like to see bugs fixed first.

• performance go up (this would be the big one - and why do we need deferred shading anyway?).
  • TGP not seeing glowing rocks and lava streams + walls on fire (as in: usable again)
  • FA18C radar elevation not "sticking" because you switch weapons

IDK what else but these are the three that are bugging me the most atm...

So yeah, if carrier is delayed because we get fixes, I'm 100% behind that. Ontop, what does it add? We do have the Stennis...

So yeah, if carrier is delayed because we get fixes, I'm 100% behind that. Ontop, what does it add? We do have the Stennis...

Yeah because ED has a history of releasing working products after "unexpected" delays.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's oh so quiet

Shh shh

It's oh so still

Shh shh

You're all alone

Shh shh

And so peaceful until

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

The amount of speculation and anticipation on an announcement about an announcement is bewildering. This has been the best day to sit back and laugh at the shenanigans.

Wise of you not to get involved by commenting.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

True, but they didn't show anything about the approach or other procedures. There are... what? A take-off procedure tutorial, a pomo video and a FAQ page? Not much hype for such a long waited module, am I right?

Either it's delayed or most of the announced features are either missing or bugged. I prefer the delay, to be honest.

Why would they want to promote it any further?

It's early access for crying out loud, they know we as a loyal fanbase will help them sort out the bugs and give feedback, the full release is probably a year or two away! At least! And that's probably what they need economically and testing wise, promoting it to the general public may come way down the road.

So chill out guys, if it comes tomorrow, great. If it's next month or June, so what. I mean, come on, it's early access to an awesome module in the making... what are ya'll expecting?

It's early access for crying out loud, they know we as a loyal fanbase will help them sort out the bugs and give feedback, the full release is probably a year or two away! At least! And that's probably what they need economically and testing wise, promoting it to the general public may come way down the road.

So chill out guys, if it comes tomorrow, great. If it's next month or June, so what. I mean, come on, it's early access to an awesome module in the making... what are ya'll expecting?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am expecting a company to release a product on time, after putting up a release window in the pre-sale advertisements and even have that release 'date' on their still active FB page.

It's in their best interest to do so. Because they happen to earn money by selling modules. Just take a good look at every single previous released ED module and you'll see.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Most likely in the AM Minsk time. But I don't have an exact time right now.

If it were anything but a delay you would have said "Module coming tomorrow and we can't wait to tell you all about it!"

But no.... hold out the drama while your customers argue about how bad or good you are... after you delayed the module because you "don't release new modules into EA during a sale"....

Unforced errors Nine. They are stupid.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Most likely in the AM Minsk time. But I don't have an exact time right now.

Okay, that will be too late for me, when I think of 7am Minsk time. I will check it tomorrow.

Have fun guys... or not - depending on the news. ^^

Ryzen 2700X, 32GByte RAM, GeForce 1080Ti, TrackIR

If it were anything but a delay you would have said "Module coming tomorrow and we can't wait to tell you all about it!"

But no.... hold out the drama while your customers argue about how bad or good you are... after you delayed the module because you "don't release new modules into EA during a sale"....

Unforced errors Nine. They are stupid.

Or... maybe there is a single bug/feature holding up the release and they are trying their best to get it resolved/coded in time and are trying to hold off any announcements until they know for sure.

Lots of things could be going on - patience.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

That's the best part, "We'll have some news on it soon!" Well I flipping hope so, you're supposed to release it in less than 24hrs so yes, news would be great.

I hope I'm wrong, but this just doesn't feel like it is going to be released tomorrow, or even a week from tomorrow. Waiting to play splish splash off roll down.