Jester Bolter Freakout

Bob Morton

So I am pretty much 100% successful at carrier landings. However, every single time I land Jester freaks about and say something about bolter, like Bolter, Bolter, Bolter!! But I always snag the wire and stop. Why is Jester freaking out? Is it because my landings suck and I am pretty much doing marginally acceptable landings??

F-14B - F-18C - F-16C - Mirage 2000

i7-6700k 4Ghz; EVGA 2080ti; 32GB DDR4; warthog HOTAS; Logitech pro flight pedals; oculus Rift S

he says that even after awl auto land

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

If he calls bolter, you came in way too hard. If he does it with an acls landing, it was prolly a deck pitching too hard.

What happens when you come in too hard is that you prolly skip jump a wire, or your gears take off again, while your hook is holding you back. For Jester, unfortunately there is no better way for telling if it is a bolter or not, than you getting the gear down or back up in the air again.

I will talk to swither, if for bolter calls, maybe small delay would help, in his detection I mean.

But in general: it does point to bad landing behavior. You are either coming in too fast, or too steep, or combination of both.

We also plan on improving the damage model for carrier landings. Some of the traps I have seen will rip your hook off and so forth...

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

If he calls bolter, you came in way too hard. If he does it with an acls landing, it was prolly a deck pitching too hard.

What happens when you come in too hard is that you prolly skip jump a wire, or your gears take off again, while your hook is holding you back. For Jester, unfortunately there is no better way for telling if it is a bolter or not, than you getting the gear down or back up in the air again.

I will talk to swither, if for bolter calls, maybe small delay would help, in his detection I mean.

But in general: it does point to bad landing behavior. You are either coming in too fast, or too steep, or combination of both.

We also plan on improving the damage model for carrier landings. Some of the traps I have seen will rip your hook off and so forth...

Oh God

Looks like I'll be spending more time practicing landings. To be fair, I've only been flying DCS for a few weeks, and the Tomcat even less. Love her though. But she's not the easiest.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have a question, IronMike.

Are there still tweaks coming to hook physics? I get the "bolter" callout when I trap when I should probably have had a hook skip (or just trapped when I should have waved off). Maybe that's the problem, rather than Jester.

Aw man!! Don’t do that. You are going to make me have to improve my carrier landings rather than just slapping her on deck.

F-14B - F-18C - F-16C - Mirage 2000

i7-6700k 4Ghz; EVGA 2080ti; 32GB DDR4; warthog HOTAS; Logitech pro flight pedals; oculus Rift S