RalfiDude's F-14 Video

Strikeeagle345

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont quite understand how the jester menu works... you press a button and move the head( track IR ) to select in the menu?

either one, you can press a key binding, or you can look at the one you want and press the select binding.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Hmmm. I've been pretty excited about the Tomcat, but this video didn't do it for me. Can't win them all, I guess...

I'm a bit bothered by the poor brevity showcased by the AI RIO; "Mud Spike"? The redundant "hot" aspect calls for SAMs. That and the fact that he sounds like it's his first combat mission ever. I guess my preference would be for a more poised crewmate.

Hopefully we'll see some more realistic and composed videos soon.

I hope not..... Well, maybe in the long run, if we ever get multiple choices for a RIO. Driving with a bland emotionless stoic in the back seat can be such a bore :(

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

I don't see the wings moving forward and aft .. I noticed his AirSpeed the wing shouldn't have been forward.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ralfi forgot to hit the master reset after coming out of oversweep. This inhibited the CADC from controlling wing sweep.

-Nick

Hmmm. I've been pretty excited about the Tomcat, but this video didn't do it for me. Can't win them all, I guess...

I'm a bit bothered by the poor brevity showcased by the AI RIO; "Mud Spike"? The redundant "hot" aspect calls for SAMs. That and the fact that he sounds like it's his first combat mission ever. I guess my preference would be for a more poised crewmate.

I hope not..... Well, maybe in the long run, if we ever get multiple choices for a RIO. Driving with a bland emotionless stoic in the back seat can be such a bore sad.gif

Some people here really have to give their expectations a reality check. What JESTER does is already way above everything else there is in DCS in this regard. JESTERs ability to support the pilot and speak to him are 1000x better and more immersive than the mute AI blokes you fly together in other aircraft (Huey, Gazelle). Instead of realizing what an increadible achievement JESTER is, some of you just hammer down on every little of JESTERs imperfections. I wish I would live in a perfect world too...

Sorry for ranting, but after all the work that HB did put into making this happen and now showing us the first results (JESTER will be improved continuously), it really bothers me that some people seem to expect heaven on earth. JESTER isn't perfect and will never be perfect, but for what he is supposed to be, he's already pretty awesome and I say that as someone who planned on flying the F-14 pretty much exclusively in multicrew coop without JESTER.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Some people here really have to give their expectations a reality check. What JESTER does is already way above everything else there is in DCS in this regard. JESTERs ability to support the pilot and speak to him are 1000x better and more immersive than the mute AI blokes you fly together in other aircraft (Huey, Gazelle). Instead of realizing what an increadible achievement JESTER is, some of you just hammer down on every little of JESTERs imperfections. I wish I would live in a perfect world too...

Sorry for ranting, but after all the work that HB did put into making this happen and now showing us the first results (JESTER will be improved continuously), it really bothers me that some people seem to expect heaven on earth. JESTER isn't perfect and will never be perfect, but for what he is supposed to be, he's already pretty awesome and I say that as someone who planned on flying the F-14 pretty much exclusively in multicrew coop without JESTER.

^this , it is a brilliant solution

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Seems some won't be satisfied till Jesters able to whisper their darkest fantasies in their ear whilst giving them a reach around...

:megalol:

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Sorry I ruffled your knickers. Having been a flight sim enthusiast and developer for more than 30 years, I dont need any help recognizing the significance of HB's accomplishment. It literally goes without saying. That doesnt make it immune from constructive criticism, however. My constructive criticism is:

1) Brevity could be improved.

2) The tone (angst) apparent in the voice-over feels a bit arcade-like to my ear. A stark contrast to the fidelity and professionalism exhibited by the rest of the product.

I dont "expect perfection", nor did I "hammer down" on anyone or anything. I said this particular video didn't do it for me. I also fail to see how a comment like mine could possibly have contributed to an unrealistic expectation regarding a release date...where did that come from?

I already bought the Tomcat and I plan on enjoying it, minor flaws and all.

Personally, I'd appreciate it if you were a little less hyperbolic when attacking people for not sharing your opinion.

Edited by DirtySanchez

Sorry I ruffled your knickers. Having been a flight sim enthusiast and developer for more than 30 years, I dont need any help recognizing the significance of HB's accomplishment.

Dude you name is awesome enough

It literally goes without saying. That doesnt make it immune from constructive criticism, however. My constructive criticism is:

1) Brevity could be improved.

2) The tone (angst) apparent in the voice-over feels a bit arcade-like to my ear. A stark contrast to the fidelity and professionalism exhibited by the rest of the product.

I dont "expect perfection", nor did I "hammer down" on anyone or anything. I said this particular video didn't do it for me. I also fail to see how a comment like mine could have contributed to an unrealistic expedition regarding a release date...where did that come from?

I already bought the Tomcat and I plan on enjoying it, minor flaws and all.

Personally, I'd appreciate it if you were a little less hyperbolic when attacking people for not sharing your opinion.

Can understand and you make a good argument. I'm more of the "wait and see" crowd. More so because I want to see what options for personal preference can be tweaked.

And seriously...digging the username :thumbup: