RalfiDude's F-14 Video

Strikeeagle345

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can I say? It was annoying enough to distract my attention from the video. In my view, this is bad enough to be mentioned.

Okay, that is fair enough! I agree that its sub optimal, but I disagree that it distracted from the video and that its bad enough to be mentioned on its own, If you perhaps had said something positive first I probably would not have reacted the way I did the first time :)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Okay, that is fair enough! I agree that its sub optimal, but I disagree that it distracted from the video and that its bad enough to be mentioned on its own, If you perhaps had said something positive first I probably would not have reacted the way I did the first time :)

But he is right, in my opinion. For me this static sound is extremly anoying and i hope it is not in the release version or at least it is a simple sound file we can delete.

I seriously am thinking about ejecting Jester everytime i will fly my F-14 because of that. :devil: ;)

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

There's no forum rule for that ;)

I wish there was, would make the world a better place :D

But he is right, in my opinion. For me this static sound is extremly anoying and i hope it is not in the release version or at least it is a simple sound file we can delete.

I seriously am thinking about ejecting Jester everytime i will fly my F-14 because of that. :devil: ;)

I never said he is not right, it just struck me in a weird way that that was the only thing he had to say about it, not realizing it was such a big deal for him. Im fine with him thinking like that, he has all the rights to.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I wish there was, would make the world a better place :D

I never said he is not right, it just struck me in a weird way that that was the only thing he had to say about it, not realizing it was such a big deal for him. Im fine with him thinking like that, he has all the rights to.

If you want to see it from the positive side, if this anoying static sound in the "Jester menu" is the only thing/problem we have to "complaine" about HB did everything else right. ;)

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

i think in the December blog about the f14 they talked about how the rio cockpit is still placeholder graphics but everything works in it or something like that

I'm waiting to see how the RIO cockpit works to decide if I purchase it or not.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

That static noise you hear when Jester menu is open should be removed. It should only be present when Jester speaks, not any time you open that menu.

I agree; it is, dare I say, shockingly bad design given how unrepentantly awesome everything else about the HB F-14 is so far, and it stands out for that reason.

Video and F-14 is crazy good...Only thing that caught my ear was a couple of times Jester’s voice tone/inflection didn’t match the circumstances: First of the MiGs got shot down quickly and Jester said “Mig is down” (iirc) with almost a sigh, like it had been a long drawn-out yet close battle.

I know they recorded 12,004,672 different inflections of the same sayings, so there’s bound to be some mismatched combos.

The noise probably won't be removed- it serves as nice feedback. It's way too loud currently, however- it will be subtle and not annoying.

Serves as nice feedback? I am confused - feedback for what?... just in case you don't notice the massive cirular selection menu in front of your face? :lol:

I am sure the regular options will be getting their own Voice Attack commands in any case.

Also a little worried about having to type in a name of your waypoint - for those VR pilots that don't have a keyboard anywhere near their flight rig (why would you?). Immediately thought will need another VA command to "Type Waypoint" and "Type Target" I suppose. No option to just save each WP with a default 1,2,3 etc - no typing required? Even cooler - along bottom of waypoint input box in F10 maybe have a few default radio buttons labelled IP, TGT, WP etc maybe - and you just click the title for the WP you want?

Really looking fwd to getting my hands on this aircraft!

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i think in the December blog about the f14 they talked about how the rio cockpit is still placeholder graphics but everything works in it or something like that
They mentioned they currently tie in the final updated textures/model so it's likely just getting the eye candy on par.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

That Walkman... a Ralfidude embellishment or a thing like the Viggen?

Seems like a Ralfidude embellishment to me ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

After looking at ralfidude's video and comparing it to videos we've seen in the past month or so from HB themselves, there's no wingflex.

It was clearly visible in HB's on videos but not ralifidue's? :(

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale