F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then, guess she will be landing on the 15th.

My reasons are as follows,

A. Open Beta updates now moved to a Friday from a Wednesday.

B. Historically we only get a Open Beta update every two weeks, as it alternates between Beta and Stable.

C. Last Friday before end of winter.

May get surprised by a special update, which would be nice.

IF we miss end of winter, Friday the 29th is a very good release date. ;) ;) ;)

Oh and my Bday. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I actually think that the fact that ED is taking their time with it is a very positive sign. To me it seems like ED has finally taken it to heart that they need to step up their quality control. This is good news for us as consumers.

I’m split on what I think is going on. I believe ED is definitely taking their time and being more thorough with their vetting process. At the same time the lack of technical and instructional video content, even though it’s been promised for months now (I know Jabs currently has some basic stuff ready for release), makes me think there are still some real developmental issues, particularly with the back seat. To my knowledge we haven’t seen anyone actually operate as the RIO and there have been no demonstrations at all of multi-crew, even though this is one of the most anticipated features.

Just as a disclaimer I’m not one of the “pitchfork” guys. I’ve been expecting a march 20 release since I purchased back in October. This is just how I’m reading the tea leaves.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Yep. That's how I feel about it. Like I've said before, the MiG-19 isn't something that's ever really intrigued me, however, it's sitting in my hangar...so...

Lol glad I’m not the only one. Really haven’t got much interest in the mig, However who on earth wants black and white icons on their front screen, so she’s now purchased.

Got to have the hangar full, even if I do still have quite a few on there, that I still haven’t flown.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

B. Historically we only get a Open Beta update every two weeks, as it alternates between Beta and Stable.

The move to a Friday this week was a one off...it doesn't mean they've been moved to Fridays.

I’m split on what I think is going on. I believe ED is definitely taking their time and being more thorough with their vetting process. At the same time the lack of technical and instructional video content, even though it’s been promised for months now (I know Jabs currently has some basic stuff ready for release), makes me think their are still some real developmental issues, particularly with the back seat. To my knowledge we haven’t seen anyone actually operate as the RIO and there have been no demonstrations at all of multi-crew, even though this is one of the most anticipated features.

Just as a disclaimer I’m not one of the “pitchfork” guys. I’ve been expecting a march 20 release since I purchased back in October. This is just how I’m reading the tea leaves.

Guess Heatblur has heard you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I’m split on what I think is going on. I believe ED is definitely taking their time and being more thorough with their vetting process. At the same time the lack of technical and instructional video content, even though it’s been promised for months now (I know Jabs currently has some basic stuff ready for release), makes me think their are still some real developmental issues, particularly with the back seat. To my knowledge we haven’t seen anyone actually operate as the RIO and there have been no demonstrations at all of multi-crew, even though this is one of the most anticipated features.

If any real development issues still exist, then ED would be completely right to tell Heatblur to do more work on it. That's the whole point of QA testing. I don't think that there are any serious bugs holding the module back; I'm pretty sure it's just that the module has a high level of complexity (the damage model apparently has a loooot of failure states) and all the components need to be verified as accurate and not broken, which takes a while. But I'm not a QA tester for ED, so I don't know. Just guesswork here.

This Friday's OB update was a one time. It will be back to Wednesdays. Next OB patch will be the 13th unless they decide to pivot again.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

This Friday's OB update was a one time. It will be back to Wednesdays. Next OB patch will be the 13th unless they decide to pivot again.

Really I could have sworn the post stated the updates were being moved to Fridays to give them more time. Although I’ll be damned if I can find that post from earlier this week now, so there is a fair chance I could be wrong.

Fingers crossed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Correct. I don’t know why no one is grasping this. ED self publishes, they can post updates whenever they want, to OB or Stable, or both. They’ve posted updates on every day of the week except Sunday that I can recall. It’s clear they have internal goals for updates and merges, but they’re not obligated to update on any particular day. This is why I quietly shake my head every time I see a post saying “March 13th is the last OB update before spring!!!! If no Tomcat then HB LIED!!!”

No, ED can release an update on the 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, or 20th if they want to.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Really I could have sworn the post stated the updates were being moved to Fridays to give them more time. Although I’ll be damned if I can find that post from earlier this week now, so there is a fair chance I could be wrong.

Fingers crossed

they said they will be moving this Wednesdays OB update to Friday to accommodate the Farmer and new ED feature.

96b99ge5tzi21.jpg

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

they said they will be moving this Wednesdays OB update to Friday to accommodate the Farmer and new ED feature.

96b99ge5tzi21.jpg

:thumbup: cheers mate, guess that’s what I get for reading posts on nights and half asleep.

Ok then, in that case. I’m still saying the 15th, purely because I’m a stubborn git. :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think they will necessarily make us wait until a standard OB release date. I think they understand that everyone is on pins and needles. ED will finish testing, HB will announce date and talk about roadmap, and give warning about pre-order discount, and then they will release. I could see that happening by next Friday.

Correct. I don’t know why no one is grasping this. ED self publishes, they can post updates whenever they want, to OB or Stable, or both. They’ve posted updates on every day of the week except Sunday that I can recall. It’s clear they have internal goals for updates and merges, but they’re not obligated to update on any particular day. This is why I quietly shake my head every time I see a post saying “March 13th is the last OB update before spring!!!! If no Tomcat then HB LIED!!!”

No, ED can release an update on the 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, or 20th if they want to.

They should just do it on the 19th or 20th... Just because, last day of winter or 1 day before. Assuming the cat is ready of course.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Who's lost his bet ? :D

Me (I guessed back in December that it will be the March 20th)...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Damn it RL drama is so much better than scripted TV drama.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick