F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

What do guns have to do with this?

BRRRRRT

Tomcat-Gun-900x599.jpg

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also,

Found this online, we got a croatian mig21... We're gonna have the tomcat... Who will be the first to recreate the photo for DCS?

Tomcat-formation-w-Croatia-900x406.jpg

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

your problem is that you remove one big element of the equation. Who is going to be the victim.

Without guns it certainly will be the 90 pounds female attacked and raped by those two 200 pound criminals....

Insert legal gun ownership into the equation... You might still end up with more 'victims', as in two 200 pounds criminals..

Yet I fail to see it as a bad thing... What about you ?

In the USA there are about 10k homicides per year by guns, INCLUDING legal homocides in self defense. About 30k people killed by guns in total.

Yet according to the FBI and the DOJ statistics it's about 2 MILLIONS crimes that are prevented each year by legal gun ownership...

Criminals will be armed anyway... So is legal gun ownership a bad thing ???

Again. You need to be careful with your sources.

As cobra said, lets end this OT

"Criminals will be armed anyway"? You mean because they can simply buy a gun anywhere on the black market and they get them for a couple bucks?

Also, this implies that criminals are the only group of people shooting at people. I would dare say if you arm a bunch of 12-15 year old with guns for self defense, it won't take long before a situation usually ending in a small brawl may end up in a shooting... A pissed of neighbor (male/or female with a gun is definitely something I rather not have around). And if you have 2 Million crimes prevented by guns, you may want to improve on educating and enabling your police for the job? Or maybe empower people to live a good life, with a perspective, rather than forcing them into poverty and crime?

Living in Germany where usually only law enforcement and bodyguards carry guns, and private guns are under drastic restrictions, we should have an astronomical crime rate, as nobody could defend himself against the millions of armed criminals. Interestingly it is pretty calm here... despite a very dense population we don't have high crime rates compared to safe countries where everyone has a gun for self defense...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Also,

Found this online, we got a croatian mig21... We're gonna have the tomcat... Who will be the first to recreate the photo for DCS?

Tomcat-formation-w-Croatia-900x406.jpg

Great pic. Makes me long for a Meditarranean map. :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

It would be nice If heatblur released another video, to keep us quiet for 10 minutes or so.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Maybe this helps a bit...

Shagrat

"With the DCS: MiG-19P Farmer by RAZBAM Simulations to be released this Friday, 1 March 2019, we will be shifting our Open Beta release to Friday this week instead of the usual Wednesday. A benefit of this is that we’ll now have time to also release an eagerly awaited new Eagle Dynamics feature! Let the speculation run wild!"

In best case scenario it could be a long promised cockpit updates for A10C or/and Ka-50.

Most likely dedicated servers since thats been in testing. Outside chance of new damage model. It wont be A-10/Ka-50 update since they've only just showed an early picture of the update.

Maybe we'll get really lucky and it's cows.

In other news 21 days until tomcat release.

It wont be A-10/Ka-50 update since they've only just showed an early picture of the update

They had shown pictures somewhere? Never saw one. ED communications are horrible, why didn't they just did it in the news section on the main website.

beautiful pics

I think there is "close" skin for the far mig21 (hungarian maybe). Not sure for the nearer one. And I'm sure if HB don't have a skin for the F14 like that, someone will make it.

They had shown pictures somewhere? Never saw one. ED communications are horrible, why didn't they just did it in the news section on the main website.

pretty sure it was in the news letter....:huh:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

I'm pretty sure it wasn't on main website in the news about updated A10C. I'm not even aware that ED have news letters, nor I wish to get any more messages in my mailbox.

news letter is also posted in the forums here to view :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3807915&postcount=184

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Yep, should be awesome to see the Hawg C get some texture love.

I hope they can fix the positioning of the head of the pilot a little.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I hope they can fix the positioning of the head of the pilot a little.

That would be great. Its a PITA in VR...