** HOW TO REDEEM YOUR HEATBLUR.COM PURCHASE **

Cobra847

It won't come there until it's release next Wednesday (13th) and you'll have to be on Open Beta rainbowdashwink.png

You can use the updater to switch to Open Beta (and later back to Stable if you want to). Run "DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta" in your DCS\bin folder to get there.

If you don't want to switch, you'll have to wait until the 20th at least, might get later if ED finds anything that prevents them from moving the OB update to Stable.

Updates usually come in 2 weeks cycles, shifted by a week. So this week will be an update for Stable, next week OB, then Stable again etc.

Thank you very much for clarifying that! They should of made it clear.

I downloaded beta version of DCS and I flew the f 14 and it’s just great!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, cannot get mine either. Says I already have a "Key for this" and that it's "Key less" but it doesn't show up in my DL Manager and does not show up in my account.

I didn't have any of these issues with my F-5.

Seriously, this wasn't a cheap mod... Why isn't this smoother, or better explained?

When can we expect this to show up in our accounts Heatblur?

For what it’s worth, I downloaded the Beta version on my computer. Once I opened Beta, I was immediately prompted to download the planes I currently own, including the F-14. Once downloaded, I was able to access the F-14. No issues, fortunately, with keys and such. As stated above, I purchased through the DCS store and paid using PayPal. Complete transaction history was documented through email. One thing I overlooked on the F-14 page in the DCS store, the requirements mentioned use on Beta version of DCS. Hence, why I was not able to see the F-14 in DCS stable. Guess I should’ve paid closer attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering if anyone has gotten any resolution by posting in this thread?

You need to down load and install the open beta.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 7 months later...

I have purchased and redeemed the F14 crew pack, it is listed on DCS product website. I have no guidance on using the crew invite to a buddy, does the buddy need to install the aircraft on his personal computer DCS World? I currently have the F14 installed from a single product key when it first released, do I need to uninstall it and reinstall it? Does my buddy just join the back seat and DCS will install necessary files?

Can anyone join the backseat after I purchased the crew pack, or is it a onetime buddy affair?

I have purchased and redeemed the F14 crew pack, it is listed on DCS product website. I have no guidance on using the crew invite to a buddy, does the buddy need to install the aircraft on his personal computer DCS World? I currently have the F14 installed from a single product key when it first released, do I need to uninstall it and reinstall it? Does my buddy just join the back seat and DCS will install necessary files?

Can anyone join the backseat after I purchased the crew pack, or is it a onetime buddy affair?

Hi Spuds, in order to play together, both players need to have the Tomcat installed on their respective accounts and PCs. Then, either in a privately hosted session, or on a multiplayer server, you can fly together by joining the same aircraft in the list (one as pilot, one as RIO).

The Crew Pack in fact are simply 2 keys for a slightly reduced price. It is not a prerequisite to fly together, simply an incentive to fly with friends and get it together or for example give the second key as a gift to a friend, etc...

Anyone who owns the Tomcat can join your backseat, provided you approve their request. In case you bought the crewpack thinking that you would need it in order to fly with your friend, and now have 1 key too many, I am happy to refund you half of its price of course - in this case please pm me your email, order number, and the key that you would like to give to your friend, so that I can invalidate the other key.

My apologies if this all was not clear to you.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/