Proppitch is the first to break

• 3 weeks later...

Yep this ruined me quite some dogfights (would have ruined most of them anyway with stupid mistakes, but still...). As soon as you are hit by a lucky bullet you have to disengage, because you cant use the full potential of your aircraft anymore without breaking the engine in a few minutes (by either running to low or high RPM).

Dont know if this is realistic or not, this is up to be discussed by people with more in depth knowledge of the aircraft.

I just find it strange that I lose my proppitch every second time I eat a bullet, but my liquid cooling system has never been damaged (and I get shot up pretty often) by a bullet causing leakage (doesnt the cooling system provide a significant vulnerability with liquid cooled engines and is their biggest disadvantage to air cooled ones in fighter aircraft?), only by overheating the cooling liquid in steep climbs on high power settings.

All in alll this vulnerability is just another reason for me to fly manual pitch, as then I am more likely to have the governor set to a setting that doesnt completely srew you before it breaks up.

OS: Win10 | Hardware: Z97 Mainboard, i7 4790k @4Ghz, GTX980, 4x4GB DDR3-1600 Dual Channel Ram, TM Warthog (w/ Extension) + Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TIR5 with Custom Clip

Yep this ruined me quite some dogfights (would have ruined most of them anyway with stupid mistakes, but still...). As soon as you are hit by a lucky bullet you have to disengage, because you cant use the full potential of your aircraft anymore without breaking the engine in a few minutes (by either running to low or high RPM).

Dont know if this is realistic or not, this is up to be discussed by people with more in depth knowledge of the aircraft.

I just find it strange that I lose my proppitch every second time I eat a bullet, but my liquid cooling system has never been damaged (and I get shot up pretty often) by a bullet causing leakage (doesnt the cooling system provide a significant vulnerability with liquid cooled engines and is their biggest disadvantage to air cooled ones in fighter aircraft?), only by overheating the cooling liquid in steep climbs on high power settings.

All in alll this vulnerability is just another reason for me to fly manual pitch, as then I am more likely to have the governor set to a setting that doesnt completely srew you before it breaks up.

From what I've read on the forums, the cooling system dmg isn't modeled or something as well as fuel leakage. I got hit in my fuel tanks and didn't loose any fuel or anything, it was just some more holes in my plane. The dmg modeling def needs work imo, the devs know this and are working on it from what I've read on the forums.

I always check the pitch setting after he most minor hit to see if it's still moving. You can still be effective in combat if it freezes at a certain pitch range that still allows decent power. I have gotten many kills with the prop pitch out though it becomes much more difficult.