No visible Pilot?

Unlike other aircraft in DCS like the P-51 or the Huey, there doesnt seem to be a visible pilot in the Bf-109. There's a bindable key in the control options for the 109, but it doesn't work (at least not for me). My question is: is it possible to get a visible pilot in the 109 or is not implemented?

• 1 month later...
Very soon. We're working on last bugs and tutorial missions now.

Any updates on this?

Now that I'm flying in VR, the missing body doesn't help with the immersion. Big Messer fan but I usually revert to the Mustang because of this.

PC HW: i5 3770k@4.6GHz | Asus 1080Ti | 16GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO | MSI MPower Z77 Input: MS FFB2 w/ F-16 FLCS grip | CH Pro Throttle | MFG Crosswind | HTC Vive DCS modules: F-14, FW-190, P-51, Bf109, UH1, Mi-8, FC3, CE2

Any updates on this?

Now that I'm flying in VR, the missing body doesn't help with the immersion. Big Messer fan but I usually revert to the Mustang because of this.

For me the pilot body in a plane that I am flying spoils immersion and just looks like a cartoon that reminds me I am in a game.

I am flying the plane and I want to see the controls without looking around a dummies hand or arm or leg.

I hope we will always be given the option to keep the dummy out of the cockpit. Pilot for external view only for me. Thank you.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

You can't argue with preferences, I guess.

Since I have a full HOTAS including rudder and an extended stick between my legs, the fully syncronized movements of the limbs ADDS to my immersion.

Staring at pedals moving by themselves when I move my legs is a distraction to me and the same with the stick.

I don't mind peering around things, that's what VR is really good at. Also, you'd need to do the same think in real life, wouldn't you?

Edited by Milopapa

PC HW: i5 3770k@4.6GHz | Asus 1080Ti | 16GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO | MSI MPower Z77 Input: MS FFB2 w/ F-16 FLCS grip | CH Pro Throttle | MFG Crosswind | HTC Vive DCS modules: F-14, FW-190, P-51, Bf109, UH1, Mi-8, FC3, CE2

You can't argue with preferences, I guess.

Since I have a full HOTAS including rudder and an extended stick between my legs, the fully syncronized movements of the limbs ADDS to my immersion.

Staring at pedals moving by themselves when I move my legs is a distraction to me and the same with the stick.

I don't my peering around things, that's what VR is really good at. Also, you'd need to do the same think in real life, wouldn't you?

I don't stare at pedals or stick when using them as I am looking outside the aircraft to fly, track a bandit in dogfight, checking six or trying to look at the instruments (ball in case of rudder).

I spend a lot of time with my left hand on the trim controls but I think the in-game dummy arm and hand in the cockpit tends to keep left hand on throttle all the time.

For me, I am flying the plane and not the dummy thing (the dummy body is not moving the same as my body, so not simulating me, I am not a simulation, I am me).

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

• ED Team
Any updates on this?

Missions are ready. Working on FF and some other issues.

I love you.
Definitely! :lol:

Thanks Racoon, your s̶p̶o̶i̶l̶e̶r̶s̶ news are always welcome :thumbup:.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Very nice! Pilots should be visible (if desired) in any aircraft! So, thanks for this, ED! :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com