BF 109

Kelevra

Good video. I really, really want my K.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

..........very nice......:thumbup:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

New MUST see video, onboard from "Rote 7" Bf 109 G4:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great video. 109 is flying very smooth even with slats open.

Also nice roll rate. Have better then Fw 190 A-3 in BOS :)

Amazing plane.

I have some doubts about take offs in DCS. It is little strange even with P-51 or D-9. Suppose with 109 it would be even much strange in worse.

I like take off in BOS and ground handling - is much more realistic then in DCS unfortunately.

Edited by Kwiatek

I like take off in BOS and ground handling - is much more realistic then in DCS unfortunately.

Actually i feel completely other way round - i love TO and landings & ground handling in DCS, best i've ever experienced in sim. In BOS these feels somehow too easy to my taste.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Comparing to my real life experience with taildraggers i prefer BOS ground handling expecially take offs then in DCS. DCS is little strange to me and too mechanic ( not natural way like it is in BOS). In BOS planes during take off handlig exacly like i expect and react nicly. DCS is other story.

Funny is that in DCS landing is much easier then take offs in prop planes ( P-51 or D-9). IRL landings are much far harder to do correctly then take offs.

Actually i feel completely other way round - i love TO and landings & ground handling in DCS, best i've ever experienced in sim. In BOS these feels somehow too easy to my taste.

+++++

Now, I'm not sure I agree completely with how harshly the Dora leaves control without just a bit of rudder when the wheels leave the ground, as it seems wildly out of proportion to how much control input is needed. It's also incredibly difficult to get her to bleed energy on final, but that's been modeled in every sim version of the Dora I've flown, so I suppose it's accurate. In terms of how both the Dora and 'Stang 'float' when you flare on final, though, then settle down, DCS feels light years more accurate than BoS. I can tell instantly when I've gotten it right or wrong, and can feel how to correct. In BoS, it's always somewhat of a surprise when the wheels touch down, as the sim seems to give me very little feel about what the plane is doing as it flares, or even how high I am above the runway.

Ground handling is no contest. DCS feels like guiding a powerful, prop driven plane around a tarmac with limited and somewhat crude input abilities. BoS feels like driving a car.

I'm not sure though why everyone says these planes are so difficult to take off and easy to land, though. Neither is particularly hard, but TO is dead simple as long as you remember the extreme response on the Dora to not having a bit of rudder, and to lock the tailwheel till you get some speed. Landing the 51 IS extremely forgiving, as it bleeds energy so well that you can make almost any approach angle work. The Dora requires a lot tighter approach if you're not going to use a lot of runway on the flare to bleed off speed. Granted, we've GOT a lot of runway, but when we eventually get period maps we certainly won't.

Edited by nervousenergy

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

Comparing to my real life experience with taildraggers i prefer BOS ground handling expecially take offs then in DCS. DCS is little strange to me and too mechanic ( not natural way like it is in BOS). In BOS planes during take off handlig exacly like i expect and react nicly. DCS is other story.

Funny is that in DCS landing is much easier then take offs in prop planes ( P-51 or D-9). IRL landings are much far harder to do correctly then take offs.

What kind of taildraggers do you speak of? I am by no means an expert, but I think, you can't really compare todays civil aircraft with their "some-horse-power" engines to the high performance warbirds with their max'ed out engines.

I feel like the difference comes from the rubbery and wobbly physics in BoS, which I assume are meant to simulate movement of the airframe.

BoS is definitely easier on the takeoff/landing, but it's much more simplified anyway.

Weird features in BoS also include the strange rudder behavior, any hard use or even attempting a snap roll with send planes (Atleast the 109/190) into an incomprehensible dance. No real-life experience though, just reflect on every other sim I've flown.

My skins/liveries for Fw 190 D-9 and Bf 109 K-4:

My blog or Forums.

Open for requests as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fantastic video DB605, thank you very much for sharing! Its great to see Rote 7 is back in business again.

Also the quality of the video is fantastic, especially the audio recording. Its head and shoulders above anything else, and the sound of the DB engine is a blast, as always.

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

By the way, to those who didn't notice there's full uncut onboard flight video available here: http://flugmuseum-messerschmitt.com/Feature-Area/Me109_IS_BACK/index.html

You can see preparations for landing etc. better from this video.

I really hope DCS K4 will have DB sounds properly done...:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
I have paid (pre-sell) but am not able to download the K-4 yet? How come you guys are able to fly it, am I missing something? Sorry but I am new to DCS.:book:

At the moment it is only available if you have installed the Open Beta version of DCS World (http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world_open_beta). There you can install it like any other DCS module (i.e. via the module manager).

At the moment it is only available if you have installed the Open Beta version of DCS World (http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world_open_beta). There you can install it like any other DCS module (i.e. via the module manager).

I get a ""page not found"" error....

When will the K-4 be officially released.... I saw 3 December somewhere?