what if....someone disconnects....

ECV56CHUMBO

Don’t know about the former, but the latter has happened to a RIO I met during his transition training. His pilot had a heart attack in the groove. They hit the ramp, RIO ejected both from an F4J. Can’t recall if the pilot made it or not.

In F14, there are no flight controls in the back seat, no dual control trainers were built, so the only recourse was to eject at some point, where it made the most sense.

RIO’s had balls of steel.

Hopefully, the sim will revert to “auto-Jester”, or maybe even give the option to kick your incompetent human RIO out and let Jester do the work.

Viewpoints are my own.

I can already envision people jumping in the backseat just to pull the handle as another way to troll someone.

You have to request to jump into the back seat currently IRRC, so I expect randoms will be prevented from doing this.

As for what would happen to a DCS RIO if their pilot disconnects, I imagine they'll get kicked back to spectator.

Yes, I seem to remember reading something to that effect. I was referring to the unsuspecting front seater accepting the request from said troll and then paying for it.

I'm sure that it will be an excellent way to earn a server ban, but DCS isn't my first online rodeo, and I have little doubt that there will be a contingent out there bent on ruining someone else's fun anywhere they can.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

No matter your age, if you act like that, you're an immature child.

Watch, when the module comes out (on Tomcat Tuesday of course), there will be people who have never flown an airplane of any kind panning it because they are an online hero in some fictional group.

I respect the work of the developers who are dedicated to their craft. Heatblur in particular will get it right.

Viewpoints are my own.

People just enjoy being dicks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I would just add the word "some" to the start of that statement. Unfortunately, the few can seem like the many at times.

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I’ll never understand online behavior.

Believe me. It's EXACTLY the same as offline behaviour. Just a bit more pronounced. But I have to concur, I never understood that either.

People just enjoy being dicks.

I would just add the word "some" to the start of that statement. Unfortunately, the few can seem like the many at times.

I'd rather add the word "most" instead for realism, them being an absolute majority, as always dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

just that, what if, i am flying the plane and my human RIO got disconnected, or system crash, etc. will jester automatically replace him? or vice versa, what wold happen if a Human RIO loses his human pilot?

Who cares - The F-14 took my biggest fear (Dying alone) :joystick:

So who wants to be my RIO and test it? :pilotfly:

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record