DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Discussion

VEPR 12

Hello, friends. I can not assign a keyboard command to a command "Trigger safety brack SAFE / Trigger safety brack ARM". The cell in the "keyboard" column is not active. Sorry for my bad english

It's a bug ... the Mod discussed on this other thread provides a fix ... try it, I use it and have found no trouble assigning commands to my keyboard:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181720

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 year later...
Sorry if this has been asked before but is it possible to set the CM release behaviour of the Viggen to be a toggle instead of an on/off? I prefer the simplicity of 1 press of a button = 1 flare or 1 chaff.

Not really. That's not how the Viggens CM system works.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sorry if this has been asked before but is it possible to set the CM release behaviour of the Viggen to be a toggle instead of an on/off? I prefer the simplicity of 1 press of a button = 1 flare or 1 chaff.

Maybe intervall?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

How does it work currently? The only thing that works for me is the "fast countermeasure dispense" button. The KONT/INT/OFF switch near the canopy does not seem to do anything for me.

Not sure how much of this that is implemented in the sim, but here is from the real life Viggen manual (as sum up I did a long time ago):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2664423&postcount=1028

Thanks again for the info. It pretty much works as advertised. I had a bit off trouble in the beginning as the keyboard shortcuts for FRAN/INT/KONT were not working, so I had to figure out what the physical positions of the canopy switch represent (I think: norm=fran, mott=int, sand=kont).

As it turns out ... the manual explains it pretty well. :book:

(I think: norm=fran, mott=int, sand=kont)

I think that layout of the cockpit is wrong. That switch should be mounted on the JA-37.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

• 4 weeks later...

Question: Anyone having issues with rockets falling short from target? QFE is set for target, coming from dive, tried with target motion disabled/enabled, tried with radar range disabled/enabled. Tried long and short approaches.

No dice.

This space is available for your advertisement

Question: Anyone having issues with rockets falling short from target? QFE is set for target, coming from dive, tried with target motion disabled/enabled, tried with radar range disabled/enabled. Tried long and short approaches.

No dice.

I've been having this issue ever since 2.5 released.

Tried out the Instant Action "Rocket Attack" mission last night.

Went in with "Anf", set to "Attack", proper QFE set and radar ranged the convoy while running in.

The rockets hit right on target and completely trashed the center of the convoy. They seem to be working just fine for me.

• 1 month later...

Hi gentlemens good day, im trying to put the viggen on a carrier, i can land perfectly but in mission editor i dont have the option to mae it star from a aircraftcarrier. Anyone knoes ho can i put a viggen starting from the carrier?

Thank you very much for your time an help

Hi gentlemens good day, im trying to put the viggen on a carrier, i can land perfectly but in mission editor i dont have the option to mae it star from a aircraftcarrier. Anyone knoes ho can i put a viggen starting from the carrier?

Thank you very much for your time an help

Duplicate posting and already answered in the other thread

Win10Prox64, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, Intel i7-9900K@5,1GHz, 32Gb DDR4 GSkill TridentZ@3900GHz, Gigabyte RTX 2080ti Xtreme 11Gb, Game on Samsung M2 960 Pro, TM WH HOTAS, TM TPR , HP Reverb Pro G1, TM MFD

• 3 weeks later...
Just to clarify, the Viggen does not have any A2A missiles besides the Sidewinder, right?

In principle the strike version could also carry the RB-28 (a license built, modified version of the AIM-4 Falcon) but it's not implemented currently and it's very hard to find pictures of actual Viggens carrying it anyway.

The RB-05 is also officially designated for A-A use and has a special A-A fusing that can be selcted on the weapon selector.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 6 months later...

There are over 400 pages on this thread and a lot of them are from before the plane was even released and are full of guesses so this may be in here but I don't feel like looking through it all.

I'm thinking of getting this for use as a fighter on the Cold War server because I'm sick of fighting pairs of Migs with at least 8 IR missiles between them while I have only 2. Especially since the way the missiles are right now they fire half of them at you head on at the merge even before they have done anything to out fly you.

Now that this Aircraft has been out for some time can some give me a very straight forward and exact answer to this question?

While carrying the gun-pod and a flare pod, how many A2A missiles can this thing carry and of what variants?

Thanks,

If you are searching for an A2A fighter, you are wrong here.

Not quite. It might not hold up against modern jets, but against older ones you can perfectly fly it as a fighter too.

About the question, I'm not sure if you can mix those pods, but even if you can, you then have the option to load either 4 RB-24J or 2 of them and 2 RB-74

Thank you Razo+r. So, are you also saying that you can't carry a gun pod and a flare pod at the same time?

People are so funny, they can't just answer the question and just always assume they know better. This jet is used very successfully in the fighter role everyday by people flying on the Cold War server.

Edited by Alphazulu