BF 109 K-4 have Leading edge slats

Does the the BF 109 K-4 have the spring loaded leading edge slats?

Cannot seem to find this info on the web about this

Variant

:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Bf_109#Design_features

http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/techref/systems/control/slats/slats.htm

Edited by redeyemingo

i7 8700k, 16GB Nvidea GTX 1070 8GB, Gygabyte z370 Aorus ultra Gaming ,Corsair 16GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3000mhz,Samsung evo970 M.2 500GB

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks DB 605

Already looked at that website( forgot to link that in my first post now amended) still none the wiser about the BF 109 K-4, all DCS screenshots I have seen do not show the slats?

Edited by redeyemingo

i7 8700k, 16GB Nvidea GTX 1070 8GB, Gygabyte z370 Aorus ultra Gaming ,Corsair 16GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3000mhz,Samsung evo970 M.2 500GB

Thanks DB 605

Already looked at that website still none the wiser about the BF 109 K-4, all DCS screenshots I have seen do not show the slats?

Ah, sorry, should have give you straight aswer :) Yes K4 does have slats, exactly similar as G models. You can actually see the lines around slats in screenshots if you look closely.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep can see the outline of the panel but not extended in any DCS screenshot of the k4 on the ground which would be by default if spring loaded with now aerodynamic pressure on the wing they should be extended?

Edited by redeyemingo

Yep can see the outline of the panel but not extended in any DCS screenshot of the k4 on the ground which would be by default if spring loaded with now aerodynamic pressure on the wing they should be extended?

Did you actually read the hobbyvista article? :)

Quote: "A common question asked regarding the 109 is "Should the slats be in or out when the aircraft is parked?" The answer is "yes". The slats are free-moving devices, and are commonly seen extended in many wartime and contemporary photos; however, if manually pushed back into the wing, the slats would remain there until the aircraft moved, at which time they would extend of their own volition."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah, sorry, should have give you straight aswer :) Yes K4 does have slats, exactly similar as G models. You can actually see the lines around slats in screenshots if you look closely.

IIRC the K slats were made of steel instead of light alloy, but yes they are pretty much the same, free moving on rollers.

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

Yep Read just have not seen extended in any DCS screenshot?:)

Yes it seems they are not extended any of yet released screens.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]