No prop effect

Because it isn't.

In a real aircraft you barely see the propeller in front of you. The effect in the Spitfire is way overdone and that's the unrealistic one.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Because it isn't.

In a real aircraft you barely see the propeller in front of you. The effect in the Spitfire is way overdone and that's the unrealistic one.

But it is not true at all, I am a general aviation pilot and the helix disc can be seen all right...

:thumbup:

Please don’t listen to the OP Devs. Selfish maybe but the BF109 propeller in DCS works perfectly in VR with motion smoothing. If it was to change to be more like the spitfire it would introduce horrible immersion breaking artifacts as with the spit

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Please don’t listen to the OP Devs. Selfish maybe but the BF109 propeller in DCS works perfectly in VR with motion smoothing. If it was to change to be more like the spitfire it would introduce horrible immersion breaking artifacts as with the spit

For non-VR users the prop cannot be seen.

But it is not true at all, I am a general aviation pilot and the helix disc can be seen all right...

A faint disc, not a dark black flashing pattern like in DCS: Spitfire.

Unless the sun is at the right angle and the prop coating is reflective, then you may see some more pronounced reflections.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

A faint disc, not a dark black flashing pattern like in DCS: Spitfire.

Unless the sun is at the right angle and the prop coating is reflective, then you may see some more pronounced reflections.

Yes I understand, in fact, even that of Spit is not correct, but this does not mean that it is right that there is not at all as it is currently in 109 without VR.

It is clear that it is a bug that must be corrected, flying with a propeller airplane without seeing it does not seem honestly a great thing ....

It is perfect just the way it is. Do not change anything!

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Exactly ;)

Ah but if the devs listen you guys my VR experience could be ruined! You must be stopped! :mad:

Have you considered solving the problem by getting into VR yourselves?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Ah but if the devs listen you guys my VR experience could be ruined! You must be stopped! :mad:

It's easier to solve if you stop using VR then. Less costs overall.

Edited by razo+r

What kind of speech is it? so in order not to damage you it's OK to harm others ...:doh:

109 must be usable in its entirety regardless of whether one uses VR or not.

Here you have from Santa Claus under the tree subtle effect of the propeller, use JSGME or manually copy the CoreMods. Warning adjustment will only work for the SP!

BF-109K-4 Prop effect: file deleted

Edited by petsild

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

After taking a closer look at the 109 prop situation, Non VR, I have found that it IS there, but BARELY.

Internally, after looking VERY hard in just the right light, background and see the edge of the arc. Guessing, would be it around 1-3 percent visibility in comparison of how visible the P-51 is. Externally, it was a tiny bit better, in the right lighting. Estimates again about 10 percent of the effect from the P-51.

Its obvious, the effect from the Spitfire is to heavy, but many consider the P-51 to be just about right. Surely there is a happy medium between how the P51 is and the current 109.

Here you have from Santa Claus under the tree subtle effect of the propeller, use JSGME or manually copy the CoreMods. Warning adjustment will only work for the SP!

BF-109K-4 Prop effect: https://www.dropbox.com/s/np36f2ijagufy2n/BF-109K-4%20Prop%20effect.zip

Thank you very much for the temporary fix but if you can not use multiplayer at least for me it does not have a practical utility ...:(