Any chance of a new Razbam video status update or a company statement on modules? - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-17-2019, 03:38 PM   #31
rrohde
Veteran

Put it this way - if I were in Decoy's shoes, I would have thrown in the towel some time ago, as nobody needs their passion for our mutually shared hobby tainted with negativity from the community.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.II w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter /w SCG-R Premium (side mount)

rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #32
Fri13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
Its hugely frustrating for the Razbam customers, especially since Razbam now almost completely deserted the forums and show off their progress info only via FB and /or Discord.
That is what I find disturbing. The products receive from ED an official forum, and sub-forums for dedicated modules etc. And then the customers of DCS World needs to go read Facebook and install discord to get some other chat discussions.

No!

The primary communications channel should be ED forums. Then it can be as well put on the Razbam own website, but none of those are requirements as is the ED forum.

All the news, all the reports, everything should come first to here. And in such a formalization that any new customer can jump to Razbam forum and then find sticky "Completed/In Progress/Pending" thread that list all the major changes, updates, plans.... And no discussion from anyone else that Razbam reports.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:04 PM   #33
Baco

Devs or Administrators are not allowed to have tantrums

Customers give bad feed back when they don´t get what was advertised. That includes software, clothing, electronics, cars, services.. whatever.

Its frustrating, yes I know. But focus your frustration on what makes the product lacking, NOT your customers.

Razbam products are NOT bad, its just not what was advertised or allowed to Hype.

Stop the hype train before it begins, be clear on what you can do and what you cant and sell it like it is, and you should not have this problem in the future.
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:48 PM   #34
Snappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohde View Post
Put it this way - if I were in Decoy's shoes, I would have thrown in the towel some time ago, as nobody needs their passion for our mutually shared hobby tainted with negativity from the community.
Glad you re not in Decoys shoes then.Passion is nice to have, but this is after all still a business with customers paying for their module.Part of the business is providing adequate product support and reacting to bug reports.
In both areas , as well as in general communication Razbam is unfortunately well below average for DCS.

So yes,it‘s bad that Decoys has to deal with so much negativity , but there is a reason why customers have these tantrums nowadays, if Razbam had gotten their support and customer care on a good level from the get-go, it probably wouldn‘t have never grown to this level of hostility.

However it seems they continue their way , largely abandoning the forums here and rarely if ever responding to threads or reports here.
I like the Mirage very much and it has huge potential,probably the same as their other products, but if they don‘t seriously change their attitude towards support&customer care, it will be definitely the last product I ever bought from them.

Regards,

Snappy

Last edited by Snappy; 10-17-2019 at 05:51 PM.
Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:47 PM   #35
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohde View Post
Decoy is a big boy and doesn't need you to stand up for him, and as a company rep he is held to way different standards than J-random customer.

That being said, the overwhelming bulk of negativity is basically self-created by razbam and their poor business and PR practices. Literally, every DCS module has issues, unfinished stuff etc. Its how the developer deals with the customer base thats the difference. Heablurs modules have their assorted and numerous issues, however their PR/customer service creates a good and mostly positive atmosphere on their forums. Same for ED, though with a different and more heavy handed approach but on the balance I think they do ok. Razbam's approach as near as I can tell has been to take their ball and go home and let things fester because people aren't singing their praises. I give credit to Overstartos since he did participate in the mig side of things, and seems like Elwood is doing the same on the Mirage side, but its business as usual over here mostly, though I did appreciate that Zeus popped in with a few more details on jdams.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:03 AM   #36
WildWeasel303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
I give credit to Overstartos since he did participate in the mig side of things, and seems like Elwood is doing the same on the Mirage side, but its business as usual over here mostly, though I did appreciate that Zeus popped in with a few more details on jdams.
If that kind of involvement and response in general (like a state of razbam or something) was even once a week just to give a rough standing on their progress and what sort of issues they are focusing, it would go a long way towards rebuilding the atmosphere with the customer base. Hell, I think a lot of us would settle for even bi-weekly with just a couple short sentences or key points. I understand they're busy/focusing their efforts on fixing things when they can, but it doesn't take more than 5 minutes to give a short post saying "Hey, this is what we're working on/tracking, more to come soon".
Modules: F-16C / F-14B / AV-8B / F/A-18C / M2000C / C-101 / A-10C / AJS-37 / F-5 / MiG-21 / F-86 / FC3 / FW190A8 / Spitfire Mk IX / KA-50 / UH-1 / Mi-8 / SA342 / Combat Arms / Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandy
System: Fractal Meshify C / Ryzen 2600x @ 4.1gHz / 32gb Trident Z 3000mHz / ROG Strix B-450F / Corsair H110i Pro / RTX 2070 Super FE / 1TB SSD / Corsair RM1000x / TrackIR 5 / Logitech X56 Rhino / Astro A40 TR+Mixamp
IRL: Actively Serving USAF F-16C Crew Chief / Private Pilot
WildWeasel303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:11 PM   #37
SGT Coyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWeasel303 View Post
If that kind of involvement and response in general (like a state of razbam or something) was even once a week just to give a rough standing on their progress and what sort of issues they are focusing, it would go a long way towards rebuilding the atmosphere with the customer base. Hell, I think a lot of us would settle for even bi-weekly with just a couple short sentences or key points. I understand they're busy/focusing their efforts on fixing things when they can, but it doesn't take more than 5 minutes to give a short post saying "Hey, this is what we're working on/tracking, more to come soon".

I totally agree.

I would also say that a timely response, not resolution, to bug reports would be greatly appreciated. Along with a tag on the title that it's been [REPORTED], or other appropriate status, would go a long way.