Montes

But it will only remain in a dream
Old 10-01-2019, 05:07 PM   #32
xvii-Dietrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montes View Post
Flying an e2 can be very interesting for who we are not interested in fighting but to be part of the missions.
This is the very reason why a flyable Hawkeye would be very popular. It would peek the interest from those that mostly like flying civilian aircraft on other simulators.

Why would it pique their interest?

I mean, what would flying an E2 on DCS (which would require time/money/effort to get started in) offer to them, that they do not already get in their civil aviation simulators ... given their motivations (not ours)?

There was a flight combat game which implemented a transport plane recently, but there was limited take-up of it by the community, and I am not aware of a single person who was a civil.sim pilot and not already flying that combat game, who was attracted to the game and started with that transport plane.

There are a lot more reasons for flying a civil.sim than simply "not fighting". DCS would need to address those as well, in order to attract the attention of civil.sim pilots. That means full world maps, detailed scenery, navigation, full ATC (tower, approach, regional radar, ground handling), cargoes, passengers, economy, air-miles, transport statistics, massive-MP-networks, ... and to do so MUCH better than the existing civil.sims.

I would LOVE to see an E2 or C2 in DCS. But I think that it is false to assume that it will suddenly attract civil.aviation simmers (who are not already flying in DCS), just by providing a non-fighting aircraft.
xvii-Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:25 PM   #33
Montes

And why not? Aircraft modules have been made for anything massive before. I do not understand why it generates so much rejection within the fighters any interest in tankers, transports or awacs.
Anyway, it is impossible for any aircraft of this type to be made.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:33 AM   #34
Evoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvii-Dietrich View Post
Why would it pique their interest?

I mean, what would flying an E2 on DCS (which would require time/money/effort to get started in) offer to them, that they do not already get in their civil aviation simulators ... given their motivations (not ours)?

There was a flight combat game which implemented a transport plane recently, but there was limited take-up of it by the community, and I am not aware of a single person who was a civil.sim pilot and not already flying that combat game, who was attracted to the game and started with that transport plane.

There are a lot more reasons for flying a civil.sim than simply "not fighting". DCS would need to address those as well, in order to attract the attention of civil.sim pilots. That means full world maps, detailed scenery, navigation, full ATC (tower, approach, regional radar, ground handling), cargoes, passengers, economy, air-miles, transport statistics, massive-MP-networks, ... and to do so MUCH better than the existing civil.sims.

I would LOVE to see an E2 or C2 in DCS. But I think that it is false to assume that it will suddenly attract civil.aviation simmers (who are not already flying in DCS), just by providing a non-fighting aircraft.

For two reasons. The top one being that there currently are no other non-combat full fidelity aircraft that are capable of operating off carrier decks on any other flight sim that I am aware of. The second being that I have come across several comments on various forums and Youtube of people that like civilian flight sims and recognize that DCS has good flight models but have no interest in flying combat missions. I have even read some of people that do fly in DCS on ocation but again no interest in combat and they just like to fly from airfield to airfield.

So for those people that just like flying in general a carrier capable E2 or C2 might just get their interest to get the thrill of launching off a carrier deck and landing back on one.

Check out this great video about the C-2 Greyhound operations. By the way developing a C-2 for DCS would be much easier because it has no weapons systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GToUP8f8Tg

Last edited by Evoman; 10-07-2019 at 03:02 AM.
Evoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:42 AM   #35
Tom Kazansky

All that was said makes sense. One thing I want to add is that there is another big advantage with non-combat-flying in DCS over all civil sims: the crowded world in the air and on the ground. Already in single player but even more in MP. And if you like military aircraft, it must be heaven to fly a AWACS or a tanker, see some jets coming by to protect you or to make contact. Chatting with people that are glad that you are there to help them on their missions. I don't have that on my civil sims. I'm not into Vatsim and stuff, which looks very interesting but extrmly challenging too.

DCS could offer a nice community not only in forums but on the servers out there.

I would definitely try and buy such a DCS experience.
Tom Kazansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:09 AM   #36
Montes

Me too
Old 10-11-2019, 07:26 AM   #37
qcheck

I'd love one of these! Basically any plane that can operate off a carrier deck I will buy!
qcheck is offline   Reply With Quote