Su24 low pass over USS Donald Cook (missile destroyer)

Elwood

Should we recreate them on DCS.

Is it possible to limit a battleships engage area to 10 meters?

I think you could set the ship to 'weapons hold'. Then assign a trigger zone on the ship and add a little bit of simple scripting so that to complete the mission the pilot has to fly within a certain distance of the ship below a certain altitude 3-4 times, then RTB.

I think you could set the ship to 'weapons hold'. Then assign a trigger zone on the ship and add a little bit of simple scripting so that to complete the mission the pilot has to fly within a certain distance of the ship below a certain altitude 3-4 times, then RTB.

Cool. Thanks.

https://us.yahoo.com/finance/news/heres-why-navy-didnt-shoot-141845003.html

On Tuesday, two Russian warplanes flew simulated attack passes past the USS Donald Cook in the Baltic Sea, and while the move was unnerving and aggressive, it's not the kind of event the Navy responds to with force.

"You don’t get to kill people just because they’re being annoying," retired frigate and cruiser commanding officer Capt. Rick Hoffman told the Navy Times about the incident.

dunno where the news is getting simulated bombing runs,

if that was a simulated bombing run, that Su-24 would be full of shards of metal.

This is not different than when Iran was intentionally buzzing U.S. Base Camps w/ their F-14As a in 2008.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I think the point is (what ever the actual type is) that jamming a ship doesn`t get you splashed across every news outlet around the globe. The point of this mission (political) is made by any aircraft coming that close to the warship and being photographed.

Indeed, and it is more effective if the planes involved in the flyby's are actual Su-24M fighter-bombers instead of Su-24MP ELINT/Jammer platforms (of which the Russians only have about 10 to 15 examples of at most) which further supports my suspicion that both airframes were Su-24M's and not Su-24MP's which is my point.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Ok, that's a challenging mission, what about that:

SU-24 mission objective:

1st: Take a selfie with an US warship on the background, neither phone holder or copilot cannot help you.

2nd: Show yourself drinking vodka in the same selfie, yes you need to hold bottle and smartphone.

3rd: Do not activate any enemy AA.

:pilotfly:

FC2 had an F15 mission where you had to make a low level supersonic pass on a Russian ship to warn it off. It was always a favourite mission of mine.

dunno where the news is getting simulated bombing runs,

if that was a simulated bombing run, that Su-24 would be full of shards of metal.

This is not different than when Iran was intentionally buzzing U.S. Base Camps w/ their F-14As a in 2008.

That's the whole point of these missions, it's to show off and pretend like you're attacking to say "We're not, but we could if we wanted to." The thing is, everyone involved knows they're playing the same game, so there's no real danger of weapons getting fired. You can tell by the Captain's remarks that he's not bothered by the runs themselves, he's annoyed that they interrupted his deck drill, something further reinforced by the quote by the retired captain, no one's scared here and this isn't really out of the ordinary, they're just irritated that the smooth running of drills has been interrupted.

• ED Team

"By my mother-in-law's house

I never pass without a trick..."

Or how should I write "a house of mother-in-law" right?

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

FC2 had an F15 mission where you had to make a low level supersonic pass on a Russian ship to warn it off. It was always a favourite mission of mine.

Cool, I just come back from the 104th doing low pass on enemy grind target airfield. Until the shot down my 21

That's the whole point of these missions, it's to show off and pretend like you're attacking to say "We're not, but we could if we wanted to." The thing is, everyone involved knows they're playing the same game, so there's no real danger of weapons getting fired. You can tell by the Captain's remarks that he's not bothered by the runs themselves, he's annoyed that they interrupted his deck drill, something further reinforced by the quote by the retired captain, no one's scared here and this isn't really out of the ordinary, they're just irritated that the smooth running of drills has been interrupted.

Yes, that make sense. At the end they are all trained to stay calm in all conditions. Flying 20m or sailing in the Baltic sea.

I'm eagerly waiting for the Viggen and the Hornet and their anti-ship-missiles to actually sink some ships instead of just overflying them :D

Can't wait too. In the meantime keep exercise with the radar beam guided kh66 grom.

Ok going home to play. This forum is getting worse in my addiction with DCS. Thinking chatting on real aviation with you was better....

Hey LimaSierra, you were talking tech stuff, & shouldn't have chimed in. I don't know a SU-24M from a SU-24 Z, so I apologize.

Asus ROG Z390, I9 9900K , 32 GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 2080 Ti , Win10 64, Rift CV1 & S VR

• 1 year later...

:megalol: they seriously believe an 1 kW jammer on an aircraft can magically jam/deactivate an 1 MW radar on a ship from distance few hundred meters? :laugh:

Not sure if they don't understand basic physics or just try to push their proparganda

:laugh: it also quite funny how their " crew statement on social media " can't be found anywhere, no screenshot, nothing.

Edited by garrya

:megalol: they seriously believe an 1 kW jammer on an aircraft can magically jam/deactivate an 1 MW radar on a ship from distance few hundred meters? :laugh:

Not sure if they don't understand basic physics or just try to push their proparganda

:laugh: it also quite funny how their " crew statement on social media " can't be found anywhere, no screenshot, nothing.

I think we need more lol, megalol or laugh to be sure that is not only propaganda :smartass:

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH!