VEAO Aircraft Wishlist

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately Matt, Pete is more into spinney noisy things, jets don't get him excited.

Unless sitting inside the Typhoon of course lol

Sack him and hire someone with better taste!

I accept payment in curry so it would be a similar deal to the current Nandos sutuation!

Hah!

Early jets do but you can keep those after burning things!

Possible exception being the lightening!

Sadly I still maintain that the DCS audience is not large enough to sustain a Bucc project so is not currently in any of our plans.

Pman

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hah!

Sadly I still maintain that the DCS audience is not large enough to sustain a Bucc project so is not currently in any of our plans.

Pman

There are a lot of naval aviation fans out there though.... plus the NATO side needs a player deliverable nuke to counter the mig21!

There are a lot of naval aviation fans out there though.... plus the NATO side needs a player deliverable nuke to counter the mig21!

Yeah they may well be. But at the moment they are not flying dcs and I can't fund a project which will cost potentially hundreds of thousands of pounds and isn't related to anything we have in development without a customer base ;)

Sorry Bucc is very unlikely to happen from us. Certainly not within the next 5 years or so.

Pman

Put it into perspective for you :)

On Saturday night there was around 631 people in UK prime time in total on dcs 1.5.3 release

At the moment the DCS market just isn't big enough and for an aircraft like Bucc that would have to be coded pretty much from the ground up.

Pman

Hah!

Pman

I'd be very much satisfied with that one! :thumbup:

On Saturday night there was around 631 people in UK prime time in total on dcs 1.5.3 release

At the moment the DCS market just isn't big enough and for an aircraft like Bucc that would have to be coded pretty much from the ground up.

Pman

I strongly suspect a lot more of us would have been on-line if the DCS air-to-air visual problems had been fixed, we had more common iconic WWII aircraft available and a WWII map (Normandy or otherwise). A lot of us want to be on DCS more, but just now it is just not delivering to the level many in the flight sim community are looking for. We are dreaming about it, but will the dream come true? I sure hope so.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

I strongly suspect a lot more of us would have been on-line if the DCS air-to-air visual problems had been fixed, we had more common iconic WWII aircraft available and a WWII map (Normandy or otherwise). A lot of us want to be on DCS more, but just now it is just not delivering to the level many in the flight sim community are looking for. We are dreaming about it, but will the dream come true? I sure hope so.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Whatever the reason (I am not saying you are right or wrong) the issue for aircraft like the Bucc is the size of the community.

Once we have worked through some of the aircraft higher up on our roadmap we may eventually look at it again.

Same goes for the Jaguar really, although I think that would be more popular and therefore more likely then the Bucc

Pman

• ED Team
VEAO have like 10 aircraft under development i see no point of having a wishlist it's most likely not going to have any affect in the next 5 years.....

These threads are always going to exist, and they really dont hurt anything, in fact VEAO might see reason to push forward with one aircraft before another if possible just because of demand... I mean you get zero of the things you dont ask for ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

VEAO Aircraft Wishlist

Pman

Is this the number of multiplayer users, or the actual UK total including those playing in single player? If so I must say I'm very, very surprised - gobsmacked actually. I would have thought that there would be high four figures of DCS users in the UK alone.

With the genuine utmost respect as well, even given its limited real world distribution I can't imagine that a DCS Bucc (for example, insert Jaguar/Strikemaster etc as required) would be less popular amongst the DCS community as a whole than a Hispano HA112 or a Viggen for example.

Not being argumentative btw guys or questioning your sound judgements, just genuinely interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The only replacement for a Buccaneer is a Buccaneer".

Is this the number of multiplayer users, or the actual UK total including those playing in single player? If so I must say I'm very, very surprised - gobsmacked actually. I would have thought that there would be high four figures of DCS users in the UK alone.

With the genuine utmost respect as well, even given its limited real world distribution I can't imagine that a DCS Bucc would be less popular amongst the DCS community as a whole than a Hispano HA112 or a Viggen for example, especially with its unique capabilities.

Not being argumentative btw guys or questioning your sound judgements, just genuinely interested!

I can't speak for the Viggen but for Buchon there is alot of carry over we can use as it has a merlin engine ;)

There is also alot of personal desire within our dev team to do Buchon :)

And yes that was the total number of player worldwide in the mp browser. You can see the number at the top of the new browser :)

Pman

Oh ok so that's multiplayer only. Obviously it would be confidential information, but I think the actual total number (or scale at least) of regular (at least a couple of hours per week) worldwide DCS users including those who only play single player, like myself, would be an interesting figure to see.

I totally understand the influence of both systems carryover and personal interest in producing any particular module too!

Well if I ever win the lottery I'll guarantee to personally fund priority development of a VEAO DCS Bucc, and I'll buy a real life nose section to use it with it too :D

*goes into daydream mode*

"The only replacement for a Buccaneer is a Buccaneer".

A 110 isn't out of the question the quality of the data is the issue and access to an airframe (not impossible)

It's certainly something I'm seriously looking at as well as a 410 although it will most likely be one or the other

Pman

Don't let the fact that you have access to the only restored Me-410 in the world or that no recent sim has bothered to model this piece of history sway your decision. :music_whistling:

Just let me know if you need an extra tester if you choose the Me-410. Day one pre-order for me.

Not strictly European but the F-104G as used by the LuftWaffe would be very high on my list after the Lightning.

11sq_KleineBrogel_1979_MarcNuyensX.jpg

I love my 2nd gen Manned Missiles.

A Mirage III would also be great. And the Draken...

That would just leave the super sabre, voodoo and Mig-19 for non European service aircraft on my 2nd Gen wishlist.

Sorry Random but I can only see a lightning in that photo, it is a proven fact that the Lightning overshadows all other aircraft!

Edited by Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Not strictly European but the F-104G as used by the LuftWaffe would be very high on my list after the Lightning.

11sq_KleineBrogel_1979_MarcNuyensX.jpg

I love my 2nd gen Manned Missiles.

A Mirage III would also be great. And the Draken...

That would just leave the super sabre, voodoo and Mig-19 for non European service aircraft on my 2nd Gen wishlist.

Mirage iii, draken, mig19 in fact all of the aircraft you have listed there except the lightening are out of scope for us I am afraid and pretty much no chance for us doing them.

I'm not here to shoot everyone's ideas down guys, but do try and remember that unless if flew in UK military service or strikes a special chord within our dev team it is highly unlikely we will do that specific aircraft.

Pman

To add to Pete's comments; unless we have access to the actual airframe, pilots, engineers, full set of manuals and manufacturer license to build it, we won't commit to doing the module.

These are my base rules and we will not deviate form them.

Thanks,

Chris.

To add to Pete's comments; unless we have access to the actual airframe, pilots, engineers, full set of manuals and manufacturer license to build it, we won't commit to doing the module.

These are my base rules and we will not deviate form them.

Thanks,

Chris.

http://www.hawkertempest.se/index.php/survivors/2015-01-19-19-22-20/ej6932

Great airframe and engines here. Iconic British WWII fighter manufacturer Hawker started WWII combat with the Hurricane and finished with the Tempest V; their pinnacle WWII combatant.

This aircraft would fit in so well as a contemporary with the 109k, 190D, P51D, P47 and the Spitfire Mk XIV.

What a great way to celebrate Hawkers contribution to the air war if this model was enabled through DCS; also a chance for some mutual PR and to improve awareness of the Tempest V, which tends to be forgotten about and could do with some limelight shed upon it.

It was the aircraft the Typhoon was supposed to be, but Hawker could not be managed at the time until it progressed to deliver us the Tempest V!

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Hawker hunter

( preferably the mk6 variant)

Nufg said. Brits need to have thier swept winged 1st generation jet fighter represented in dcs.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I'm not interested in more WWII aircraft, but I'll likely buy any early or modern jet they make.

That is, if VEAO proves with Hawk that they can actually complete a module of decent quality.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro