AntiAliasing in DCS 1.5 and 2.0

What exactly is flat terrain shadow?

"flat shadows" don't conform to the terrain

test it by going into a mountainous area and flying really low. You will see the shadows from the hill tops actually lay flat out over the side of the hill like an awning. They are in mid air.

You'll need the sun in a low position to see this.

So flat shadows off is better looking but may cost some fps :thumbup:

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I'd like to try a different method of AA using Nvidia inspector. I haven't applied manually is no option. What can be and works to the internal AA add Sparse Grid Supersampling 2 – 8. In older posts I read that there is a need to set the Antialiasing compatibility to the code of 0x000000C1 or 0x00400005 that the function has no effect. I tried older Nvidia drivers and utility Inspector still nothing.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

"flat shadows" don't conform to the terrain

test it by going into a mountainous area and flying really low. You will see the shadows from the hill tops actually lay flat out over the side of the hill like an awning. They are in mid air.

You'll need the sun in a low position to see this.

So flat shadows off is better looking but may cost some fps :thumbup:

Also with "flat shadows" the terrain shadow color is different from the shadows on the aircraft.