MFG Crosswind - Review

I think it would be fairly easy to get a couple of metal straps that you could configure to fit both the holes you have drilled now and the MFG's mounting holes.

One other possibility would be to contact the ThustmasterPro folks and get a new baseplate from them.

Best of luck with you setup

I would like to add my opinions about these rudder pedals... and it will be very short:

This is a really well engineered piece of equipment. They are very accurate, stable, no wobble at all. They are really well made and I am glad I got them.

Milan, thanks

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

Would just like to add my positive recommendation to all the others.

I have used the CH Pro Pedals, Simped Pedals and Slaw Device pedals. The MFG's provide the most options for configuration of one's setup for fixed wing or whirlybirds or space sims. They are extremely precise and accurate. And Milan is a real professional who responds quickly to an queries one may have about the pedals.

Am currently rebuilding my controller setup from scratch after being away from simming for ahwile. Have placed an order for the MFG's . Am looking forward to using them with the TM Warthog that arrived a couple of days ago.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I received my Crosswind some days ago and from a little flight experince with them so far, I can say it was worth saving for this purchase an buying them.

I used to fly with Saitek Pro Pedals for quite a while. They are not as precise, they slowely degrade over the years (potis) and they are not as adjustable as the Crosswind.

Although very expensive, I'd say price/value of the Crosswind is absolutely fair. As long as they work and are supported by Milan.

You can also expect great support from Milan.

Milan, thank you.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you guys who have the crosswinds could tell me how the ordering process went. I've just ordered some, received an acknowledgement saying "order confirmed" but havent heard anymore ( ordered them just under 2 weeks ago. )

Do they contact you any further before they are ready or do they wait until they are ready to ship before asking for payment, etc? ( Just wondering if they are still producing them as the web site hasn't been updated since March )

Thanks!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I just ordered mine today. I had to dig, but yes, once they're ready to ship (or a few days before) they'll send you an invoice at which time you pay. I'm a little discouraged to hear you say it's been two weeks waiting, but what can you do. I kinda expected there was going to be a wait and since I was almost wanting to pay up I started the waiting game today.

Page 8:

http://mfg.simundza.com/Downloads/MFG%20Newsletter%20March%202015%20general.pdf

He also gives some input on whether to use your bank or paypal for currency conversion.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you guys who have the crosswinds could tell me how the ordering process went. I've just ordered some, received an acknowledgement saying "order confirmed" but havent heard anymore ( ordered them just under 2 weeks ago. )

Do they contact you any further before they are ready or do they wait until they are ready to ship before asking for payment, etc? ( Just wondering if they are still producing them as the web site hasn't been updated since March )

Thanks!

I think you will find the ordering process to be very good. As you indicated, your order has been confirmed so all should be fine even though you haven't heard anything else. If you are worried, then you can email Milan. My experience is that he will reply quickly and professionally to any questions you may have.

I purchased the Crosswinds a while back but lost them when my home was burglarized so just recently ordered another set. When Milan saw I was ordering another pair he contacted me and said that my pair would be shipping in September. It will be worth the wait.

I think you will find the ordering process to be very good. As you indicated, your order has been confirmed so all should be fine even though you haven't heard anything else. If you are worried, then you can email Milan. My experience is that he will reply quickly and professionally to any questions you may have.

I purchased the Crosswinds a while back but lost them when my home was burglarized so just recently ordered another set. When Milan saw I was ordering another pair he contacted me and said that my pair would be shipping in September. It will be worth the wait.

Thanks for the info, I didn't want to start bothering him this early in the process, as I'm sure he gets enough requests and queries as it is. I'm happy to wait, just wanted to make sure this was the norm. :)

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I just ordered mine today.

http://mfg.simundza.com/Downloads/MFG%20Newsletter%20March%202015%20general.pdf

He also gives some input on whether to use your bank or paypal for currency conversion.

Many thanks for the info and link, they do look good, I'm sure they will be worth the wait!

Hey guys,

Thanks!

It might have fallen through the cracks. I got a follow-up email after the order confirmation within a day or two. I'd ping him must to make sure you got your order in the pipeline.

hsb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

It might have fallen through the cracks. I got a follow-up email after the order confirmation within a day or two. I'd ping him must to make sure you got your order in the pipeline.

hsb

Thanks, that's a good point. Wouldn't want to miss out on one of these!

**EDIT**

Glad to say all is well!

I emailed Milan and got a very quick reply...Note to self, always read the small print!

My order is not going to be fulfilled till Sept and stated that in the Terms Of Sale ( my bad ), thats when another email will be sent to pay, etc.

Now very much looking forward to September. :thumbup:

Edited by Ratcatcher

Finally bit the bullet and ordered some. For a 42 year, I really am excited about getting these!! They just look amazing. Was actually waiting for them to be produced with the fighter style pedals, but not really bothered about that now. They'll be made when they're made, I'll just buy some then. So, Sept.......... Long wait

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• 1 month later...

Don't feel bad...I ordered mine at the end of March. They were supposed to be done in May/June. I'm still waiting for my invoice...which was supposed to come sometime between the 17th-20th of this month. That was 3 days ago. I'm hoping to hear something tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any news about the F-16 styled screw-on toe brakes?

Realy waiting for them since I got my MFG Crosswind :D

Thanks

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

I have had mine for over a month now, i can say they are thoroughly worth it, Milans communication and efforts to keep you in the loop for info was first class. As for the pedals they make a great difference to flying helo's and all the aircraft. Thanks Milan, great product that is very well made and engineered.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Milan just emailed me a status update. Should ship within the next two weeks. From the update, looks like they will be all caught up in a month or two and will be able to ramp up the production. As he put it, I'm one of the last orders that will require extensive waiting. Can't wait to try it out. Now, if my Komodo controllers will ship early, I'd be all set.

hsb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Milan just emailed me a status update. Should ship within the next two weeks. From the update, looks like they will be all caught up in a month or two and will be able to ramp up the production. As he put it, I'm one of the last orders that will require extensive waiting. Can't wait to try it out. Now, if my Komodo controllers will ship early, I'd be all set.

hsb

Received email today informing me that my order will be shipping at end of Sept. or early Oct. :)

Also, looks like there has been a nice update to the website:MFG Crosswind Blog.

I gathered from the email that going forward there will not be such long waits for those ordering these fine pedals.

Got back on the list the end of July and should receive mine in October.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64